are ghosts real?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you think Ghosts exist?

• Yes

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • no

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • I have experienced Paranormal Activity in the past

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
Not a ghost, but:

Rake01.jpg

i would love for you to share, sounds really interesting

Ok I don't even know where to start but we used to live in a house in flamborough ontario canada which is actually borded off now and condemned and might actually be torn down now anyways, so one night I was sleeping in my bed and I woke up to my bed levitating and a man like a dark figure standing at the end of my bed, when I woke up and nearly shat my pants the bed came crashing down on the floor, this happened several times and I kept seeing this "man" dark figure in my room. Sometimes I would see him at the end of my bed and sometime I would see him in the corner of my room, nights would pass and I would wake up to lights on in the house so I would get up and turn them off and this went on for days until I decided just to leave the lights on, then I would wake up and the lights would be off, I always had a hard time falling asleep in that house because every time I would close my eyes I would see demon faces coming towards me and that made it really hard to sleep and one night my girl asked me if I see anything while I try and sleep and she would have the same visions. We had a room upstairs that I eventually borded shut because it would be really really cold and flys would cover the entire window almost and I mean tons of flys, I would spray them with big killer and watch them all die and fall to the floor just to have the window covered with flys again when I went back into that room. The stairs would always make noises when you walked down them and you could actually count the creeks and know when someone was at the bottom and I've had several occasions when I was in the kitchen and can hear someone walking down the stairs. We actually had a priest just show up once out of nowhere, I am not a religious man and nobody called him and he just showed up to bless the house, and I kid you not just like the exorcist he took maybe 2 steps up the stairs and turned around and never looked back. I have seen dark shadows in that house moving down the halls and into the rooms down the hall and doors slamming shut, I would wake up sometimes to doors slamming in the basement and the only door down there was impossible to slam shut. I remember one occasion where I was just laying down to go to bed and my girl was out with friends and I was facing the wall and something crawled into my bed. I could feel the weight on the mattress starting at the bottom and moving up to my back which kinda made me slope into it and I felt breathing behind me and I can't even to begin to describe what that's like to experience PURE fear and unless you have something like that happen to you Then you haven't experienced fear. I remember once coming into the kitchen and a massive Tupperware bowl came flying at my head that was on top of the fridge and just missed my head, I picked it up and put it back and got the Brita jug and when I went to turn around I saw that dark man standing right over my shoulder and I dropped the jug. I went to get a mop and when I came back into the kitchen every single drawer and door on every cabinet was open. I would have dresser drawers open when trying to fall asleep, hutch doors open all the time, stuff go missing from my dresser and a few occasions being woke up to someone grabbing my feet and tugging on my legs. Mostly every night the nightstand drawers and dresser doors would open just before I fell asleep I would hear the click click from the magnet doors and then the nightlight would go out and it's one that has an on and off switch and yes I started sleeping with a nightlight. I even caught my girl once trying to light the curtains on fire and asking her WTF are you doing and she told me the devil told her to do it, she doesn't remember that day but I do. I do remember tho on multiple occasions seeing angels in that house standing by the couches looking out the windows as if she was keeping watch or something, she was like a white clear female apparition with a kind of glow to her and I've seen her a few times while playing xbox and watching her walk down the halls and check the rooms cause I could see her in the reflection of the entertainment center glass doors. We figured that most of this stuff stemmed from the dresser and nightstand that we got from this old lady down the road because most of this stuff happened after that, so we decided to burn them which probably isn't the best idea but we got some holy water from the church and spackled it all over them before burning them and as we are doing that every single light in the house was going on and off really fast and so we brought them outside and set them on fire and at first the flames went up about 20 feet high and was this very bright reddish purple and then they settled down after a min or so and we took pictures of the fire and you can see demon faces on most of the pictures which I wouldn't even have to point out, I will try and find the pics and upload them on here if anyone wants to see them. After we burned them no more scary stuff happened just the odd light going out and footsteps you could hear but we moved out of there and no longer take used furniture lol...anyways believe my story if you want or don't but I never believed in any of that stuff until I moved into that house

Some of that could be a sleeping condition--people being not quite asleep and not quite awake where they see dark figures around them.

Not likely because I've seen them while awake playing xbox I've seen them while getting things in the kitchen moving across the floor and up the walls like dark shadows and scratching sounds almost like running inside the walls when they disappear, trust me it's not a sleep thing

If it's not a sleeping condition then that's one heck of a story.That last part about burning the furniture sounds like something you only see in a movie,scary stuff.

theres no question if ghost or spirits live. i have so many stories that i can tell. i believe some people can sense these ghost or spirits more than others. everyone that is very close to me like my family and very close friends have had experiences that make them believe that ghost are real. when ever some one ask if i believe in ghost i always laugh because to me it is just a normal part of life.

theres no question if ghost or spirits live. i have so many stories that i can tell. i believe some people can sense these ghost or spirits more than others. everyone that is very close to me like my family and very close friends have had experiences that make them believe that ghost are real. when ever some one ask if i believe in ghost i always laugh because to me it is just a normal part of life.

can you tell me your most weird ones? love to read them

the last experience i had was when my son went to the restroom which is in the hallway. a few seconds later i saw what i thought was my son run from the hallway to the living room and i asked him what he was doing thinking he was in the living room and he replied from the restroom " im going poop" my wife noticed i had a weird look on my face and asked me whats wrong and i replied "oh nothing just a ghost" and she freaked out as usual. about 3 minutes later my son was still in the restroom with the door closed i noticed what i thought was my son peeking his head at the end of the hallway waving his hand then hiding behind the wall when i asked what he was doing but at the same time my son replied im going poop from inside the restroom. this is just the last experience that i have had but not the scariest.

the last experience i had was when my son went to the restroom which is in the hallway. a few seconds later i saw what i thought was my son run from the hallway to the living room and i asked him what he was doing thinking he was in the living room and he replied from the restroom " im going poop" my wife noticed i had a weird look on my face and asked me whats wrong and i replied "oh nothing just a ghost" and she freaked out as usual. about 3 minutes later my son was still in the restroom with the door closed i noticed what i thought was my son peeking his head at the end of the hallway waving his hand then hiding behind the wall when i asked what he was doing but at the same time my son replied im going poop from inside the restroom. this is just the last experience that i have had but not the scariest.

that is pretty creepy.... makes me feel uneasy

Honestly I never believed in Ghosts until I had some weird experiences in the house I grew up in. The one that still puts a chill in my spine and I can recall every detail on it to this day. I was in middle school and it was a spring day, so after school my sister and I were watching TRL with the front door open. All of a sudden we heard someone say hello.... almost like it was a question. We went to the door and no one was around, it happened two more times. The third time I flew out the door trying to catch one of my friends trying to play a joke on us ...... went around both sides of the house and nope no one. So my sister and I thought hrmmmm lets wait at the front door until whoever it is comes back to the door. After a minute or a two a distinct Hello came about ear level from the middle of my kitchen ...no more than 5ft away. We hid in the bathroom with a knife until my mom got home. Other things happened in the house ...like faucets turning on as well as lights when you walked in the room. Needless to say ...there is something out there.

If ghosts existed wouldn't there be some sort of proof by now and not just word of mouth?
At huge percentage of the population carry video recording equipment around with them now, mobile phone, but not one person can actually show a video and say look there's your proof.

If ghosts existed wouldn't there be some sort of proof by now and not just word of mouth?
At huge percentage of the population carry video recording equipment around with them now, mobile phone, but not one person can actually show a video and say look there's your proof.

What more proof do you need? There are people right here in this thread who swear it happens to them all the time. :wink1:

perhaps we don't have the technology yet to properly capture them?

What about when voices are recorded in rooms that are completely silent? I mean the movie White Noise was exactly about that, but those things tend to happen, leaving a recorder on and catching voices.

Given how many people are on prescription meds, other drugs, alcohol, or just plain psychotic, I'd say you can explain away almost 80 percent of said "stories". Chalk the rest up to misunderstandings in lighting, sound identification error and religious people who've lost a loved one and simply want to believe they could still see them again.

I've watched a ton of ghost shows, mainly out of curiousity over the locations. I've never seen anything in 28 years that would prove the existence of ghosts as most people define them.

Now I do believe in the possibility of residual hauntings, in a scientific sense that emotions left behind by other living people could later affect more people is possible. You walk into a room where someone died and get a chill. Or into a ballroom that's been celebration and good vibes for a long time you feel good. We know that your emotions can affect others and theres theories that the electrical impulses can charge the atmosphere. I'm not saying I believe that, just that I believe it could have some scientific weight to it as opposed to full form apparitions of dead people.

Last edited:
I love the stories.

Everyone who had an experience please share them.

I think the disbelievers just have not had an experience that they could not explain, hence the way they feel about the topic. You can't blame them for that.
But anyone with a sound mind, drug-free, gets enough sleep, etc, whose had some paranormal experience will believe.

Just because it isn't captured with our current technology does not mean it doesn't exist.

I think the disbelievers just have not had an experience that they could not explain, hence the way they feel about the topic. You can't blame them for that.
But anyone with a sound mind, drug-free, gets enough sleep, etc, whose had some paranormal experience will believe.

That's not true/entirely fair. A lot of the most legit paranormal researchers have had paranormal experiences but still don't believe in ghosts and work off Occam's Razor.

Most people who take it seriously aren't on tv and won't push that kinda nonsense as anything remotely legit.

I've heard things or seen things that I couldn't explain that I figured out later were light/shadows(car lights of people turning around hitting the intake fan in a window and making it look like a shadow moving in my bedroom) or sounds from heating vents popping etc. Even Ghost Hunters would often explain off most of their cases as this kinda thing. (people not understanding plumbling noises, high EMF from pipes etc)

I've always been fascinated by the paranormal. I mean as a kid I loved the crap out of the Universal Monster films - something that should have bored a kid of my age to tears. I guess I've always liked the idea that science hasn't discovered everything yet, that it doesn't know the answer to everything yet, that there is still some mystery and wonder left in the world. And I feel there is. While I have never experienced anything I would consider paranormal, I've met plenty of people who have and you can tell without any doubt they believe what they saw. And I feel that's what's key here. There are too many people seeing things like ghosts or bigfoot for there not to be something too it. That doesn't mean there isn't a rational explanation why so many people see similar things, but it certainly backs up the possibility of there being something to them. As has been said, we live in a world with amazing technology and unprecedented knowledge about or world. Its one thing for the belief in ghosts to exist in more primitive times as a means to explain away things. But that belief still exists. I mean more and more people are losing faith in religion and a higher power, but yet it seems more and more people are open to the idea of ghosts and other paranormal entities.

These paranormal shows have gotten more and more popular over the years. Sure there are plenty of things that are staged or dramatized for them, but there are plenty of things that are truly unexplainable that gets cut out. At Salt Lake Comic Con they had a couple of the Ghost Hunters and Ben Hansen (a local Utahn) from Fact or Faked show up for a panel. And Ben said in one of their very first episodes they had some outstanding footage from I think Gettysburg. They had a camera capture a leaf levitate off the ground, flip up side down, and slowly go back down again. He said when they presented the footage to the execs, they cut it because it looked faked and nobody would believe it. He said things like that actually happened all the time - they'd get some pretty interesting 'proof' cut from their show because the high ups felt like it was too much. I just find that amazing considering what ends up on air.

Again, I've never personally experienced anything that has made be a believer, but I'm not closed minded enough to think things beyond our current knowledge and understanding can't and don't exist. I think Agent Fox Mulder of the X-files' poster in his office sums me up best:

i-want-to-believe-poster.jpg

PS If you haven't ever watched Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, do yourself a favor and give it a try. Its easily my favorite Paranormal show because instead of looking for ghosts or whatever, they try to debunk various videos, photos, etc first and only then accept that there might be something more to a case. Very refreshing compared to the other shows IMO.

Back