Aragorn 12" velcro closing thingies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galactiboy said:
See that's what I'm starting to get worried about. Non-exclusive items I don't feel bad throwing out the box... but now that I'm buying a lot of SW figures direct for the exclusives I'm starting to amass a lot of boxes already... I figure by the time I get all the ones I hope the make (around 50) I'll have a huge stash of boxes just eating up space :confused:

I'm seriously considering just keeping the first package that each series starts with, ie: Luke for Jedi, Vaderkin for Sith, Han for Heroes, etc and just scrapping the rest or giving them to needy collectors.

Since you're forever flapping about how you'd be fine if SS just shipped the figures in a brown paper bag, I'm calling you out: give any and all of your exclusives boxes to other collectors.

If you don't then the boxes must mean more to you then you let on.

BTW, I open the figures too but I surely don't want a box where the flaps won't stay closed...

RoboDad said:
You think that's bad? Try storing 100+ SSW boxes from the LOTR statue and bust lines (many of which are 5-6 times as large as any of the 12" figure boxes), AND 25+ 12" figure boxes, AND 7 PF boxes. Sometimes I think I'm lucky my wife hasn't given me the "it's them or me" ultimatum. :D

So far, I've lucked out because I've been placing the boxes in my walk-in closet so it can be out of view for now. But eventually, I am going to run out of space really quick!

I like the outer sleeve idea, or the string ties. Maybe Sideshow is reading this thread as I dont think this topic has ever been discussed (the velcro stickies coming off).

Poggle the Greater said:
Since you're forever flapping about how you'd be fine if SS just shipped the figures in a brown paper bag, I'm calling you out: give any and all of your exclusives boxes to other collectors.

Find my other posts were I've said this (outside of the thread)... don't think I "flap" about it all the time, although I do believe it. But I can find posts like this one where you are a consistent ass.

The packaging for Aragorn and SW is nice, but I have thrown out a number of boxes over the years... sometimes I keep them (import figures mostly) but usually I don't. And I have a very good feeling that I will be getting rid of most of them, since the storage of them is quite ridiculous. Rest assured if/when I get rid of them I'll be sure not to send them to you when I do and it wouldn't be because you "called me out" :D

But the point remains that if I could get them safely without a package that'd be fine (as long as it was cheaper) since it would save the headache.

i prefer magnets. and i open my figures, but i display the boxes on a shelf like books. thats why the Star Wars boxes blow these away. sorry, but since they take the trouble of making the boxes look nice we might as well display them too. not just for display, but i like the box to close correctly and not have the crappy velcro pieces fall off later.

Well I got my Aragorn today and opened him up looked at him and then closed it back. I also got two cases for my Star Wars PF today and I went to open them up. Well tonight I get back to checking out Aragorn and I notice that one of the velcros had come lose so I had to replace it on the box. I think this could get really annoying after a while.

Back