Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aqua Man - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

I hope we get this costume... :D

pl_print_comicscostumes5_f.jpg

The Aquaman Premium Format™ Figure will be perfect addition to collections to stand alongside Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman!

No mention of Green Lantern:yess:, a new one in the future.

Same thing I thought. Hopefully we will see it in our lifetime.

I always liked it when they added a little something...ocean like to the pants. Like so.

f74e3639782e4ea35cea103ce5287009.jpg

The base could really make this. Unlike other JLA members, I'm really not a fan of aquaman's design to be honest. He's rather generic and boring. But a base with octupus tentacles or some sort of elaborate sea structure would elevate this piece quite a bit. He's not a must buy for me but the base could change that.

The base could really make this. Unlike other JLA members, I'm really not a fan of aquaman's design to be honest. He's rather generic and boring. But a base with octupus tentacles or some sort of elaborate sea structure would elevate this piece quite a bit. He's not a must buy for me but the base could change that.
It would be pretty awesome to have tenticles wrapping the base. Detailed green pants with ocean highlights, trident in one hand and the other switch out translucent water hand and switchout clean shaven and bearded portraits....or am I just asking for too much there :lol

Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

Cap got 3 hands, so I can see aquaman with a few.

Base would be cool if it had like a shark fin on the water while he stands on an island surface. I really like Atlantean rubble. So I'd go for that, but seriously, Mera as a companion piece would be amazing. I can imagine how PG and BG accentuate Bats and Supes.

Those all sound nice :lol

I'm not the biggest non-Batman DC guy, I don't know much about Aquaman, and I've never read any Aquaman comics, but for some reason the character always intrigued me and every time I've seen a sculpture of him I always thought he looked cool. Like that DC Dynamics statue with him coming out of the water. Loved that one.

I'm not the biggest non-Batman DC guy, I don't know much about Aquaman, and I've never read any Aquaman comics, but for some reason the character always intrigued me and every time I've seen a sculpture of him I always thought he looked cool. Like that DC Dynamics statue with him coming out of the water. Loved that one.

That's probably the best sculpted version of the character to date.

Disappointing preview image, but this will definitely be a day one preorder for me!

Are they still planning on doing the JLA in life size bust form as well? Seems like it's been a while since a new one was announced.

Disappointing preview image, but this will definitely be a day one preorder for me!

Are they still planning on doing the JLA in life size bust form as well? Seems like it's been a while since a new one was announced.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't want the entire JLA but if I can I'd like to snag a Flash 1:1 bust.

I feel the same way. I did buy the new 52 trade because I heard it was really good, but haven't got to reading it yet.

Was hoping for Nightwing to be next but Aquaman is a decent next choice I guess.

Would it kill Sideshow to post a teaser pic showing a bit of the statue? Doesn't need to be a full shot, just give me a shot of his chest, the back of his head, his arm holding the trident--something. These announcements might as well just have a box with text in it. They did the same thing with Red Sonja with the picture of the snake.

:lol I'm with this. While I get what Jedi means about final approval and videos, showing a little pieces of the statue they've got on deck is a better teaser and would show very little. You want to have an idea of what the pose or outfit may be so you can get really pumped!

Though this teaser of a teaser image does give some clues...odds are this will be a dynamic pose with the trident front and center...which is pretty awesome. It may even prove that it involves water; though that may be getting ahead of ourselves. But Johns did make Aquaman a crazy badass character for the first time in a loooong time thanks to embracing the jokes people say about him, as well as great storytelling -- plus an awesome new outfit.

A strong pose like this would be great, though I foresee the trident being raised for some reason.
Aquaman_issue_1,_the_new_52.jpg

A pose like this -- sans Green Lantern -- would be amazing too.
2953770-aquaman-justice-league4.jpg

Nice! How did you know he would be revealed?

French collector leaked info.

He also alluded either Darkseid or Magneto would be unveiled. Unfortunately for XMen fans it'll be the opposite of common sense so they'll probably unveil Darkseid ( nothing against him ). We've waited over 5 years for a Phoenix or Magneto and XM Studios beat them to the punch

Back