Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justice League pretty much soured me on any future DC movies... Just like The Last Jedi did to the Star Wars movies, I've lost all excitement for both franchises... I doubt I'll see any of the new stuff in the theaters but will probably watch it once it hits Blu-ray or Netflix..

I have a gut feeling Aquaman is going to bomb.... Warner Brothers should just shelve anything DC related and have another go at it in 5-6 years from now with a complete reboot... but next time create a overall story arc that will span 20+ movies like Marvel did... It was obvious to me Snider and DC was just making ***** up as they went along...

They are hiring quality proven directors their movies will likely do well critically but it will take time for the financial part to catch up. They need to undo the mess they made.

I just feel even if the movie is quality(ala Solo) it will do poorly at the box office

I am predicting WW 1984 to be the first 1 billion dollar movie (and i mean just hitting it) if Aquaman and Shazam do well critically.

I have no clue when this thing is suppose to come out, but I feel like it's going to be one of those "come and gone" films where it will be next September and I'll be asking myself when will this come out.

Yeah you might be right and why should we even care about the events if WB botched up the DCEU world building.

I mean do mother boxes even mean anything anymore in this universe?

The underwater battle scenes between sharks and dinosaurs look awesome but even Justice League had a sweet looking large scale battle. I never really cared for Mamoa's take on this character and his link to JL lowers my interest even further.

D67C319B-44A9-4463-8F2B-2DCEA09A11F9.jpeg034A220D-9FED-45C8-AFD1-DC2B0283B500.jpeg

I have zero interest in this and have no expectations that this will be any good. DCEU has made nothing but garbage so odds are this will be of no exception.

Black Manta looks great, though it would have been good if they toned down the roundness of his shoulders and thighs. It clashes and makes the head look smaller than it should. But I’m being nitpicky

Back