Apple's WWDC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Apple's WDCC 2010

This is my problem with the iphone. The Evo seems to be better and no one has touched an iphone. Please prove me wrong and give me a reason to yet again change my mind. LOL! Typed from my iMac. The Evo to me just seems like a powerhouse. :dunno

Can you sync ical, your address book, or any of you Mac programs seamlessly with any of the Android phones?? This is the deal for me. I like being able to enter stuff into iCal on my computer, and know for a fact that the next time I sync my phone everything will be transferred without any effort on my part (once you get the settings set in iTunes).

Will someone finally create an "iPhone Killer". Someday, maybe. But it hasn't happened yet. And if the iPod's hold on the music player market is any indication it's not likely to happen at all.

I think these Evo & Android phones come across more as iPhone Wannabes than iPhone Killers. After the iPhone 4 was officially detailed today, I have no desire to even consider anything else anytime soon.

The problem is that they are trying to out-do Apple on Apple's terms. History has shown that the second something is labeled "i-killer-something" its destined to fail or not live up to the hype.

Can you sync ical, your address book, or any of you Mac programs seamlessly with any of the Android phones?? This is the deal for me. I like being able to enter stuff into iCal on my computer, and know for a fact that the next time I sync my phone everything will be transferred without any effort on my part (once you get the settings set in iTunes).

Exactly, and if you have Mobile Me you don't even have to wait to sync it with your computer, it is all done through the "cloud" almost immediately.

Luis

I found an app for the droid last night that will allow me to not only sync my itunes but do it wirelessly. ;) Droid apparently does. :lol

I could just switch out the SIM card huh?

Not exactly, iPhone 4 takes micro SIM while previous iPhones take regular SIM. AT&T probably has some way to transfer your number, or if you're adventurous, there are ways to cut a regular SIM down to micro size.

Not exactly, iPhone 4 takes micro SIM while previous iPhones take regular SIM. AT&T probably has some way to transfer your number, or if you're adventurous, there are ways to cut a regular SIM down to micro size.

would it be as simple as just buying another phone though? Wouldnt I have to pay some kind of fee to upgrade?

would it be as simple as just buying another phone though? Wouldnt I have to pay some kind of fee to upgrade?

It should be pretty straight forward..... I've always bought a new iPhone every year, with the only problem being HOW MUCH I paid for it. I called AT&T to verify that I qualified for the discounted price of $299 for the 32GB, and they said yes :D

If you were GIVEN your current iPhone last year, then you should be fine to just purchase the new iPhone when it comes out :cool:

Now I just wonder how I can go about selling my 3Gs.... :impatient:

It should be pretty straight forward..... I've always bought a new iPhone every year, with the only problem being HOW MUCH I paid for it. I called AT&T to verify that I qualified for the discounted price of $299 for the 32GB, and they said yes :D

If you were GIVEN your current iPhone last year, then you should be fine to just purchase the new iPhone when it comes out :cool:

Now I just wonder how I can go about selling my 3Gs.... :impatient:

interesting..........I actually still have the first Iphone as well, so I would need to sell 2. :slap

I'm not sure. Dial *639# on your phone, and AT&T will send you text explaining where you stand as far as upgrade eligibility.

I'll be getting mine from wherever I can. I prefer going to AT&T to get them to sync everything right away but wherever I can. Now in terms of an iPhone killer, whomever makes a phone that is user friendly as most Apple things are and outdoes what the iPhone can do will win the game but Apple doesn't exactly sit on their laurels which is what makes it frustrating from the consumer standpoint. I've played with the Evo and Droid phones and while neat to look at and play with they won't be replacing my iPhone any time soon.

AT&T actually syncs your new iPhone for you? Wow, we've come along way since iPhone Gen 1... when AT&T store employees weren't even allowed to remove the shrinkwrap off of the packaging, much less touch the actual phone.

They sync up whats on your SIM like they do with any other phone and it stores just like it would with any other iPhone, I'm hoping that the pictures and other things will move over with that. You still have to sync your pictures, movies and video.

Ah, yeah... the SIM doesn't actually store much, unfortunately. I have over 14 GB of data on my iPhone. So I have no choice but to back-up/restore via iTunes. But I did it last year when I upgraded from G1 to the 3GS and recently when I got my 3GS replaced for free because of a screen defect. It's a simple, painless procedure and guarantees that your new iPhone will contain everything the previous one did. Even Call History and Texts port over. It's like you've had the new phone all along. :rock

Looks like I will be waiting on the iPhone 4 for a bit. I will have to have ios4 to tied me over. My lady can upgrade at any point apparently with the family plan because she is the primary number and according to AT&T that number can always upgrade whenever they want. Maybe I will work something out with her upgrading then changing phones.

Ah, yeah... the SIM doesn't actually store much, unfortunately. I have over 14 GB of data on my iPhone. So I have no choice but to back-up/restore via iTunes. But I did it last year when I upgraded from G1 to the 3GS and recently when I got my 3GS replaced for free because of a screen defect. It's a simple, painless procedure and guarantees that your new iPhone will contain everything the previous one did. Even Call History and Texts port over. It's like you've had the new phone all along. :rock

Thats what I did to get my stuff over from my first gen to my 3g.

I wonder if at 12:01 on the 15th if we can PO this? I'm gonna be setting here at my computer so I can get my order in at Apple.

Back