Apple's WWDC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Apple's WDCC 2010

I just spoke with someone at AT&T and they said I was eligible for the "upgrade pricing" of $199 and &299....and I upgraded last year on 7/7/09 - just to answer that question for any other folks :cool:

So tempted but based on Apple's business model you know next year it will be the iPhone 4G with faster network speed and new bells and whistles improved over this one.

I think it was hilarious the iPhone 4 demo was an epic fail when it couldn't load and Steve kept blaming it on everybody using wi-fi and someone shouted "Try Verizon." I bet Jobs was pissed. Perhaps now he'll understand what it's really like for the rest of us with AT&T. Also surprised that Facetime runs on wi-fi only and not on 3G networks.

As funny as it was I do believe Jobs. I'm sure the phone works fine. They actually had it on ABC World News tonight. :lol

So tempted but based on Apple's business model you know next year it will be the iPhone 4G with faster network speed and new bells and whistles improved over this one.

Guess you've never heard of that thing called technology advancement. It's guaranteed that every piece of hardware is outdated before you take it out of the box.

Guess you've never heard of that thing called technology advancement. It's guaranteed that every piece of hardware is outdated before you take it out of the box.

This is my problem with the iphone. The Evo seems to be better and no one has touched an iphone. Please prove me wrong and give me a reason to yet again change my mind. LOL! Typed from my iMac. The Evo to me just seems like a powerhouse. :dunno

I've had both the first gen IPhone and the 3g. I would never go to another type of fun. The simplicity of the Iphone along with the apps you can get are beyond anything else I think. Not to mention the way it allows you get get around the net easily on top of the ipod part of it make it second to none.

Apple has ingenuity nailed down. If there feels like there should be a button, or a process somewhere on the device or in the software, there probably is.

I'll likely never go back from my iPhone, just like I'll probably never use anything other than an iPod for mobile music. Innovation, easy-of-use, UI, and consistent envelop-pushing will always make the Apple products more appealing to me. And on top of that they're just aesthetically nicer.

IMHO, the Evo is the phone equivalent to Microsoft's Zune music player. It'll have some kind of market, it boasts impressive specs (perhaps more powerful... on paper), but it'll never touch the iPhone for the reasons stated above.

Another analogy is the current gen of video game consoles. Tech-wise, the PS3 is the powerhouse, but the Xbox 360 is widely considered the preferred gaming system among those who have both.

Will someone finally create an "iPhone Killer". Someday, maybe. But it hasn't happened yet. And if the iPod's hold on the music player market is any indication it's not likely to happen at all.

I think these Evo & Android phones come across more as iPhone Wannabes than iPhone Killers. After the iPhone 4 was officially detailed today, I have no desire to even consider anything else anytime soon.

I haven't read anywhere but was wondering if you can reserve an iphone at an at&t store or just an apple store/apple.com?

I reserved one at my local Best Buy last year, and went it at store opening the morning it came out and was in and out within 10 minutes. Expect the same this year.

I reserved one at my local Best Buy last year, and went it at store opening the morning it came out and was in and out within 10 minutes. Expect the same this year.

Yeah not many people are aware that Best Buy does this. Now that I'm 3 hours away from an Apple store this is my only option besides ordering from Apple's site.

I'll likely never go back from my iPhone, just like I'll probably never use anything other than an iPod for mobile music. Innovation, easy-of-use, UI, and consistent envelop-pushing will always make the Apple products more appealing to me. And on top of that they're just aesthetically nicer.

Will someone finally create an "iPhone Killer". Someday, maybe. But it hasn't happened yet. And if the iPod's hold on the music player market is any indication it's not likely to happen at all.

I think these Evo & Android phones come across more as iPhone Wannabes than iPhone Killers. After the iPhone 4 was officially detailed today, I have no desire to even consider anything else anytime soon.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Luis

I did not know you could do that. Last year I ordered mine from Apple and received it the same day it was released but I will order it from Best Buy instead. That will be a nice addition to my Reward Zone points.

Luis

Not sure if I'll order it from Apple or from the Apple store but I'm getting it. Come hell or high water.

Back