Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes! mine was barely hanging on lol. I put it back on, then i moved the statue and it fell off

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Sweet! Thought I was the only lucky one!

Exactly B. Supes, Batman (apart from pitgate), MJ, Gwen, Punisher.Even going back to DP.
That's what I mean, I genuinely thought they had got their **** together with a few great pieces...
Then this! Issue after issue, not good.
Especially considering some of these issues had been picked up on, red arrows, but they still sent them out! :slap
I mean, WTF?

I feel you Col. I've been happy with most everything I've purchased recently but this Apoc is just a QC nightmere. Did they hire a bunch of 7 year olds to paint these up? Such a shame :gah:

So I got apoc yesterday…I will say it appears I am in the minority bcz my piece is perfect…like just fantastic…not a single blemish, paint blur, etc…the only thing I noticed was when I was unpacking the arm attachments there was liquid residue in the plastic packaging; so when I saw this i instantly thought wet paint/qc issues but somehow it turned up flawless. based on the smell alone however you can tell that these things weren't given time to properly dry, and thats the main reason why, imo, some of the paint issues are arising. I am VERY pleased with the overall piece; it looks great, is my biggest pf to date, and has a presence like whoa. Id highly recommend it!

In regards to the debate about qc issues and SS/XM and refunds, I would say this: if ANYONE orders a piece, from whatever company, they're entitled to a perfect piece. No flaws, nothing, and if you don't like it, the company should bend over backwards trying to fix it and remedy the situation. Its as simple as that. Idc about your factory, chinese workers, any other excuse like costs, etc. I pay money, you give me statue…everything else is on you. We pay good, good money for these pieces, and yes they should do everything in their power to ensure we get a great statue, but if/when we don't, they should offer more than a $25 discount. Get me a replacement that has been checked, ship it out express, etc, but fix it! Simple as that.

So I got apoc yesterday…I will say it appears I am in the minority bcz my piece is perfect…like just fantastic…not a single blemish, paint blur, etc…the only thing I noticed was when I was unpacking the arm attachments there was liquid residue in the plastic packaging; so when I saw this i instantly thought wet paint/qc issues but somehow it turned up flawless. based on the smell alone however you can tell that these things weren't given time to properly dry, and thats the main reason why, imo, some of the paint issues are arising. I am VERY pleased with the overall piece; it looks great, is my biggest pf to date, and has a presence like whoa. Id highly recommend it!

In regards to the debate about qc issues and SS/XM and refunds, I would say this: if ANYONE orders a piece, from whatever company, they're entitled to a perfect piece. No flaws, nothing, and if you don't like it, the company should bend over backwards trying to fix it and remedy the situation. Its as simple as that. Idc about your factory, chinese workers, any other excuse like costs, etc. I pay money, you give me statue…everything else is on you. We pay good, good money for these pieces, and yes they should do everything in their power to ensure we get a great statue, but if/when we don't, they should offer more than a $25 discount. Get me a replacement that has been checked, ship it out express, etc, but fix it! Simple as that.

Amen to that.

giphy.gif

Hopefully everyone here who got a shoddy product gets a minty exchange quickly.

@ SurlyJ

Not going to quote your post because it is a long one. Your A Level Headed guy. I've read plenty of your posts in the past and some of the stuff your saying I can agree with but blaming the increasing cost on the consumer is ridiculous man. If you get it right the first time then returns don't become an expenditure anymore. A couple issues here and there. Certainly expected. To the degree of this Apoc though? Not a chance buddy. It's lazy work and at $600 a pop I don't care how big it is, it's wrong. It's a lot of money to spend on an item that more then likely will have issues based on what we have seen thus far. Is SS customer service outstanding? Most of the time absolutely but I've also seen the other side where collectors have gotten the middle finger because they were out of replacements to remedy the issues. 25 bucks is an absolute joke of an attempt to rectify some of these errors. I paid 600 with a smile when I saw this come up. I don't want the credit. I want a clean product.

As far as XM yes I am bought in. They may only have one reference to base my opinion on but rest assured because I own good old Cap. Hes worth every bit of the excitement that is being generated from the release. Will XM continue to please with proper quality? I can only guess that will be the case as this is the only thing I have seen from them . What are pepole going to say if the result of their future releases are just as high in quality. Can't wait to find out.

Keep in mind I love SS. It's the majority of my collection and I have a lot of their product that I love. As of recent though Marvel has gotten the shaft and DC is getting all the love.

Side note I'm home and Apoc is here. Wish me luck!

I don't really disagree with you at all. Glad you are liking the XM Cap. I may consider getting it down the road and may go for their Hulk too as I don't like the SSC PF or Maquette much. And I am gonna be all over their Thanos so I really hope they keep knocking it out of the park and like I said before, the serious competition will push Sideshow to be better. As for blaming consumers, I tried to make it clear that I'm not putting all the blame on consumers, only saying that consumer demands for perfection and having to consider QC replacements is a contributing factor to rising costs. QC after release is also a factor in a product's cost. Now the chicken and egg thing is did consumers start getting more picky requiring sideshow to up their QC budget, or did they start dropping the ball more leading to a need for more QC after release? We can't really know that detail.

Sorry your Apocalypse came with issues and hopefully sideshow rectifies yours as well as everyone elses. I just hope people don't send in for replacement bodies because the inside of the elbow is chipped, a spot that isn't even a viewable part of the statue when assembles, leading to people with bigger more noticeable issues getting the shaft bc they ran out of replacement bodies.

It does seem like the factory was a bit lazy with this paint on Apoc. I will say though that I think part of what is contributing to this is that the design, mostly solid colors and clean lines with no texture, leads to us noticing small issues more than we would on something that has more going on in terms of the aesthetic. Some of the sloppy paint smudges are very disappointing to see, as are outright cracks. When I say people are overreacting, I am talking about the minor blemishes, not blue paint smudged over gray areas, but minor blemishes within solid color places. Half the photos posted, it takes me about 15 seconds to see where the issue is. My general thinking is that if it takes me that long to see it when it is a close up photo supposed to be highlighting the issue, I probably wouldn't really care about it on my statue for normal display.

At least we can agree that QC issues, Apocalypse is awesome!

Very nice pic...does anyone have Apoc and the Colossus PF....really want to see a picture with them side by side.

Not a good pic but eh... I plan on taking better pics tomorrow when I have more time.

14521558643_c010e3ba24_z.jpg

Overall I like it. It aint perfect but I'm not sure how much the flaws really bother me. I think it depends on what SS will do about them. I definitely want to keep this though. The paint colors are fine in person. There's a few spots that could have been painted tighter but no more different than most SS releases. I don't think mine is as bad as some others I've seen but I do have that arm scratch thing I've seen on a few of these.

Having this and seeing pics of it with Galactus and other smaller figures, I really don't understand the pricing. Why Galactus is $200 more than this, but why this is $200 more than the average of other current PFs... such price discrepancies must be made partially to limit the amount of customers who can buy because it certainly doesn't reflect what's being put out. I like my Apoc but it and Galactus seem overpriced to me.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. In the UK, I've had mine sit around for 3-4 days.
If you haven't already, open a Fed-Ex account and contact SS customer services to link it to your SS account.
Apparently this clears customs more quickly and you don't have to pay the additional £10 delivery fee.
I'll find out if this is true or not in July when Spidey gets here.

(if anyone can confirm or deny this then that would be really handy)

Cool thanks for letting me know sir I'll make an account for when my next one ships. I got a very long winded email from Fedex "shipment requires a commercial invoice" so maybe a few more days, but hey I've waited since November so no reason to get uptight.

Mine is waiting for me at Fedex to pick up. Can't wait.
Hope it arrives with good paints and no problems.

Thankfully my housemate was there to receive him. Cant wait to get home from work. I hope the quality is decent enough to not bother sending it back. Ive never had to return anything back to ss but I imagine it would be a headache from Australia.

Thankfully my housemate was there to receive him. Cant wait to get home from work. I hope the quality is decent enough to not bother sending it back. Ive never had to return anything back to ss but I imagine it would be a headache from Australia.

Usually you don't send anything back, SS usually tells overseas customers to destroy the damaged pieces after or before getting a replacement. I've had to smash a fair few statues so far. Hope your one arrives perfect.

image.jpg

Well, I got 474. It was awesome until I went looking around and found this...it is a hole. Looks like they saw it and tried something and slapped some paint there.

Last edited:
I don't want to complain fully as I have not received my apoc yet but with all the delays ss has had maybe they should've done it with this bad boy as well. Can say I'm a little nervous and would rather have waited an extra month or 3 than wait and worry.

Just looked mine over again and found a couple more SMALL issues. QC is definitely not perfect. But it also took me almost week and some serious scrutiny to even find half the "issues". I can sort of understand how some were missed. Some of the bigger cracks and bad paint apps tho strike of being hurried through the factory.

I look forward to everyone getting their issues resolved so that this thread can become the booming plethora of awesome apoc in collection photos it should be.

Awesome....thanks peedi, looks like if Colossus's head was up , he'd be almost as tall as Apoc.
Looking forward to more pics.

Yeah he does he look like he'd be almost as tall. While he shouldn't be as brawny as Thor, Colossus' official height is taller than Thor so it does make sense he'd be reaching towards Apoc height.

But despite the slightly taller height Apoc is just massive compared to the largest X-Man. Body is wider, legs thicker, his arms are both of Colossus' put together.

Another quick pic.

14316665040_775305f5cc_d.jpg

When I take detailed pics the flaws in mine will be more obvious. Shame too, because I have 3 main flaws that are all pretty small.
1. There's a missed paint spot on the thumb knuckle I'd probably ignore if it weren't for the other issues.
2. The rough arm paint below the left bicep I'd probably just except a credit for.
3. But it's the neck armor spot that throws it over the edge. Small, and if it were on the back I wouldn't care as much, but being on the front makes worth reporting all 3 problems.
4. The bottom decal did detach...if it doesn't stay put I'll have to include that, too. Probably due to the moisture we've been getting...

...let me check the box, were there silica packets in there? I don't remember...

Hey guys, in the early pics the blue on Apocs chest seems flat but in the recent barrage of photos the color seems rich, deeper. Is it just the lighting? If so can you guys who have this in hand direct me to the set of pictures that most accurately reflect what I would get, if I decide to purchase this. Sorry for the difficult request but I don't want to make a $700 mistake

Back