Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOOOOOO my wife just text me there is a huge box from Sideshow on our porch. I am stuck at work until 11!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO

I'm not sure where to even begin or if it's worth delving into b/c it would highjack this entire thread so I'll keep it brief.

I agree that SSC customer service is typically known for being outstanding in the returns/exchanges/refunds department. From my experience they have been absolutely top notch in this respect which is what keeps me coming back as a customer.

That being said, that has nothing to do with the problems pictured here in great detail and they are (1) delivering a product that differs from the prototype and (2) a seemingly endless amount of QC problems with this production piece.

To completely play down the horrendous QC issues pictured here and call them blemishes is bizarre. Then claiming the customers who dropped $600 + shipping complaints are overblown, only to follow that up immediately stating that these blemishes are what make the statues unique, is simply mind blowing.

Wow.

Well I'm not completely downplaying them. I said some are certainly major issues, but that many, for my taste, are not quite worth the uproar. And as for some minor variations, which is not the big qc issues, of which there certainly are a few, being part of the unique charm, I said that for me personally. Not expecting others to feel the same way. I specifically said what everyone is willing to accept is their prerogative and I assign no judgement to it for them, other than my own personal way of handling similar things.

I also disagree that this final product differs greatly from the prototype. I think what people see as the paint being so different than the prototype is really just the difference in seeing something professionally lit and photographed versus normal lightning and normal photos. That's just my opinion. You are welcome to yours.

Now, I do agree that there are more problems with this piece than there should be. I never said there were not. This isn't their best effort in terms of QC, that's for sure. My thinking that many of the complaints are overblown (which is different than saying they are illegitimate), is in no way contradictory to accepting the QC on this piece should have been better.

Screw it, im gonna contact them and try to get a replacement. For 700$, I wan't a god damn perfect one.

I just checked mine and there is no magnet in the head peg. there looks like there could be one, but I tried sticking another magnet to it and nothing. My head is not loose though. It fits pretty snug.

Thanks. It appears that the head is not magnetized, as I've been told the same thing from a couple of other people who have him

@ SurlyJ

Not going to quote your post because it is a long one. Your A Level Headed guy. I've read plenty of your posts in the past and some of the stuff your saying I can agree with but blaming the increasing cost on the consumer is ridiculous man. If you get it right the first time then returns don't become an expenditure anymore. A couple issues here and there. Certainly expected. To the degree of this Apoc though? Not a chance buddy. It's lazy work and at $600 a pop I don't care how big it is, it's wrong. It's a lot of money to spend on an item that more then likely will have issues based on what we have seen thus far. Is SS customer service outstanding? Most of the time absolutely but I've also seen the other side where collectors have gotten the middle finger because they were out of replacements to remedy the issues. 25 bucks is an absolute joke of an attempt to rectify some of these errors. I paid 600 with a smile when I saw this come up. I don't want the credit. I want a clean product.

As far as XM yes I am bought in. They may only have one reference to base my opinion on but rest assured because I own good old Cap. Hes worth every bit of the excitement that is being generated from the release. Will XM continue to please with proper quality? I can only guess that will be the case as this is the only thing I have seen from them . What are pepole going to say if the result of their future releases are just as high in quality. Can't wait to find out.

Keep in mind I love SS. It's the majority of my collection and I have a lot of their product that I love. As of recent though Marvel has gotten the shaft and DC is getting all the love.

Side note I'm home and Apoc is here. Wish me luck!

I have noticed that a few people are complaining about one shoulder pad being shinier then the other,
I wanted to know if this is a common problem.

So here's a new issue.. Has anyone ever had the bottom sticker of a statue show up attached to the plastic bag instead of the bottom of your statue? Haha first for me. After 20 minutes of sticker surgery I was able to pull the plastic off fairly well and now my base has a bottom and edition size. Awesome. I have a couple small blemishes in the paint like everyone else and a decent size crack in the left arm. Lines are pretty sloppy. Lot of colors blending together and painted unevenly. Fortunately I was prepared and expecting these issues so it's not much of a let down. This will be an exchange. Overall I like it a lot. Great statue but poorly executed. I don't understand all the complaints about the paint. It's a matte finish, not so glossy but I think the colors look just fine. If the actual paint application was better I wouldn't have a single gripe about this guy. Not rhino thin by any means . Overall it's a nice statue but the quality is lacking and it's very apparent.

So here's a new issue.. Has anyone ever had the bottom sticker of a statue show up attached to the plastic bag instead of the bottom of your statue? Haha first for me. After 20 minutes of sticker surgery I was able to pull the plastic off fairly well and now my base has a bottom and edition size. Awesome. I have a couple small blemishes in the paint like everyone else and a decent size crack in the left arm. Lines are pretty sloppy. Lot of colors blending together and painted unevenly. Fortunately I was prepared and expecting these issues so it's not much of a let down. This will be an exchange. Overall I like it a lot. Great statue but poorly executed. I don't understand all the complaints about the paint. It's a matte finish, not so glossy but I think the colors look just fine. If the actual paint application was better I wouldn't have a single gripe about this guy. Not rhino thin by any means . Overall it's a nice statue but the quality is lacking and it's very apparent.
yes! mine was barely hanging on lol. I put it back on, then i moved the statue and it fell off

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

And here's me thinking SS had turned a Q.C corner.

Just not good enough. When asking for so much cash at least make sure the factories put a bit of effort into it.
Having someone, who actually knows what they're doing, checking these over can't be that hard to implement.
You owe it to your customers.

Aight I took some more pictures and sent them to SS, we'll see what happens.

And here's me thinking SS had turned a Q.C corner.

Just not good enough. When asking for so much cash at least make sure the factories put a bit of effort into it.
Having someone, who actually knows what they're doing, checking these over can't be that hard to implement.
You owe it to your customers.

You know they did it with Superman. We are getting very few QC issues there.

Exactly B. Supes, Batman (apart from pitgate), MJ, Gwen, Punisher.Even going back to DP.
That's what I mean, I genuinely thought they had got their **** together with a few great pieces...
Then this! Issue after issue, not good.
Especially considering some of these issues had been picked up on, red arrows, but they still sent them out! :slap
I mean, WTF?

Back