Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually don't post to much but just wanted to share that my apocalypse showed up yesterday and Q.C. was very good with the usual minor blemishes that are typical with SS statues. Examined the statue better then usual considering all the issues and have to say I'm very pleased. Moving onto the ex chainsaw was a different story. Looks like someone dropped it and did a half a__ job repairing it. I'm just glad I noticed before packing it back up. I'm sure SS will make it better.
20140624_175401.jpg
20140624_175437.jpg
Besides the repaired chainsaw I'm very happy with my purchase.

I just got my Apocalypse from FedEx and it's bad...

BAD-ASS that is! Wow, this guy is huge and oh so awesome! Mine is the REG version, and it's great, with my only 2 knit picks (if you could even call them that) being:

1. A very minute scratch / scuff on one shoulder plate. It isn't even really a scratch, it's just a tiny spot that looks like it may have been touched by a piece of metal and left a small grey mark behind. Most definitely not something to complain about though.

2. A small (about half the size of a pencil eraser) yellowish mark on the inside of his right leg, way up near his crotch. It kind of looks like a bit of dried resin maybe? If I try to remove it, it may even come off (I'll probably leave it, rather than risk damaging the statue). You can only see it when you have it upside down, and you're really looking. It can't be see whatsoever when he is displayed.

I did a pretty thorough inspection after receiving it, and I honestly cannot find any other problems. The head, arm, cannon, and hoses all connected smoothly and snugly, with no issues. The paint looks great, and I'm VERY happy with it!

I don't know if the numbering in the series makes a difference or not as far as QC goes, but mine is # 4 / 1500.

Yeah he does he look like he'd be almost as tall. While he shouldn't be as brawny as Thor, Colossus' official height is taller than Thor so it does make sense he'd be reaching towards Apoc height.

But despite the slightly taller height Apoc is just massive compared to the largest X-Man. Body is wider, legs thicker, his arms are both of Colossus' put together.

Another quick pic.

14316665040_775305f5cc_d.jpg

When I take detailed pics the flaws in mine will be more obvious. Shame too, because I have 3 main flaws that are all pretty small.
1. There's a missed paint spot on the thumb knuckle I'd probably ignore if it weren't for the other issues.
2. The rough arm paint below the left bicep I'd probably just except a credit for.
3. But it's the neck armor spot that throws it over the edge. Small, and if it were on the back I wouldn't care as much, but being on the front makes worth reporting all 3 problems.
4. The bottom decal did detach...if it doesn't stay put I'll have to include that, too. Probably due to the moisture we've been getting...

...let me check the box, were there silica packets in there? I don't remember...

Thanks again for the pic peedi...I was thinking about getting Apoc to display with Colossus(my fave X-Man) and they do look good together but all these QC issues are making me wary.

Quality Control!!! That sticker for quality assurance is a joke....650.00 delivered and this is the product you send a customer????? All of the pegs on this statue were rusted, the paint is bubbled and the bag he was packed in was soaked. Needless to say, Very unhappy! View attachment 116802View attachment 116803View attachment 116804View attachment 116805

Now THIS is an egregious **** up. That really sucks and you absolutely should be getting a replacement. Make sure to contact them asap so you don't miss out on one because people with these minor little issues snatch up all the replacements. Sorry yours came that way.

Argh my final flex was processed today, now I'm worried I'll be getting a terrible statue once it's shipped out.

Argh my final flex was processed today, now I'm worried I'll be getting a terrible statue once it's shipped out.

No worries dude. By my count there's 1 out of 25 of these that are showing up with only 1 issue! Haha I kid. Good luck man. Some people have been fortunate enough to get a good one but it's a lottery that's for sure

Ok here are the pictures and the story.............

MOISTURE Definitely got into some of these statues,
1)there was paint on the inside of the plastic bag surrounding apocalypse, just a little, but enough that I noticed
2)the sticker on the bottom with the edition number was completely off and when I stuck it back on fell off again when I moved the statue, I'm think this is from moisture
3)the paint lines on mine are actually not bad, nothing that bothers me too much, I would give it a 8 out of 10 on paint job
4)there were a couple tiny little bubbles, one on the bicep and one on the back of his leg, I think these are either from moisture or air bubbles trapped in the mold
5)they did assemble the cords that run from his back to his arm incorrectly, they inserted the peg into the plastic incorrectly, i pulled it out and screwed it in the right way, no harm done
6)all in all this statue is AMAZING and it is my largest statue to date. His presence and magnitude greatly surpass anything in my collection so it's hard to complain about minor qc issues. I will follow up with pictures of all of these things after the main show!!!!
Play the music and then check out the pics!

Ok here are the pictures and the story.............

MOISTURE Definitely got into some of these statues,
1)there was paint on the inside of the plastic bag surrounding apocalypse, just a little, but enough that I noticed
2)the sticker on the bottom with the edition number was completely off and when I stuck it back on fell off again when I moved the statue, I'm think this is from moisture
3)the paint lines on mine are actually not bad, nothing that bothers me too much, I would give it a 8 out of 10 on paint job
4)there were a couple tiny little bubbles, one on the bicep and one on the back of his leg, I think these are either from moisture or air bubbles trapped in the mold
5)they did assemble the cords that run from his back to his arm incorrectly, they inserted the peg into the plastic incorrectly, i pulled it out and screwed it in the right way, no harm done
6)all in all this statue is AMAZING and it is my largest statue to date. His presence and magnitude greatly surpass anything in my collection so it's hard to complain about minor qc issues. I will follow up with pictures of all of these things after the main show!!!!
Play the music and then check out the pics!

Awesome set up dude!

I'm curious, for all of those with QC issues, is it just the EX version with all of the problems? Or are there issues with the Reg version too?

Edit: I have the regular version coming, it's supposed to be delivered today according to FedEx tracking. I'll let you all know how it is after I have it.
My regular is pristine! Posted pics last week.

Back