Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah hah! The thick neck. That's why it looked so huge in the teaser vid, remember? The guy's hand was on the base of the neck, and we thought "Dang, this will be humongous!"

Anyway, it will still be huge.

I think the tail will hold up fine. Some of the other pieces have long tails (not as long as this guy for sure) and we haven't had widespread issues with them.

My first thought was the tail looks really fragile..but there are a lot of sauropod models with long thin tails and they hold up as well during shipping. With the detail work Sideshow is know for, I'm certain they've done long and thin pieces before at some point..so they also prob know a way around shipping them.

I'm not too concerned about the tail, I'm sure there will be some breakage issues. I'm sure some of those breakage issues will occur after it is out of the box and be blamed on shipping too. :lol

I know aside from the base I think its all one piece crazy! :panic:

Judging from the preview pic I'd bet the neck and tail are separate pieces. A box that long and thin would just be begging to get snapped in half. Having worked at UPS I've seen horrible things happen to long fragile packages, so I'd kinda hope they do it in pieces. But then there'd probably be seams so :dunno

I don't see any seam lines on the neck and tail. The neck seam from the preview video looks as if it were fused in on the current pics. We should know by tomorrow.

Well, we know it was assembled in pieces, because that's how it was shown in the video. That's how all these pieces are; it's just a matter of carefully assembling, adhering, concealing and painting the seams to make them less visible (a problem with the neck on some Deinosuchus pieces, if you'll recall).

Until the final production piece is available, it'll be hard to know if this leviathan is going to be a single piece (minus the base) or will require some assembly, but according to the released Dinosauria pieces so far, the seam issues weren't so much of a problem. Btw, the female allosaurus does have an ugly seam on the joint area where the tarsal bones meet the astragalus / calcaneum of the left hindlimb... :monkey1

Last edited:
Thought of somehting might help answer the question...do any of you more experianced long time Sideshow buyers know if any of their previous pieces came in sections ? Like you had to attach an arm, head, ect.. or did the just use a bigger box to accomadate the piece ? If they've done it before it could be done now..if not then it's pretty unlikley I would say.

Most of the pieces I can think of all came in one piece. There are a few exceptions that come to mind and obviously the switch out head and hands come to mind as well. The big difference between any of those and this is that the seams were hidden by clothing, or were a part of the outfit where a seam will blend better. For instance Anakin's arm and lightsaber were not attached, but his sleeve covers up the attachment and Gambit's switch out head included the neck and chest piece and the seam is blocked by a raised part of his outfit. That one is hard to describe, but if you take a look at a pic of it you can probably figure out what I'm talking about.

With this I think it will be difficult to blend a seam since it is all polystone and smooth with no folds, ridges, or material that will block the seam or let it blend.

Back