Anyone ordered these babies? (Sony HMZ-T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks straight forward enough, but uh...nah, I don't think I'll be doing that. I did find a guy who sells a simple fabric strap set up that seems to work pretty well for comfort. I'll wait and see how bad it is first hand before looking into mods.

Got mine today.. The picture quality and 3d is so amazing.. But.. I have not yet been able to get focus over the entire picture, the exit pupil is very small.. Will have to try more tomorrow

Got mine today.. The picture quality and 3d is so amazing.. But.. I have not yet been able to get focus over the entire picture, the exit pupil is very small.. Will have to try more tomorrow

Nice. Mine came today too. So far, my experience is the same as yours. Itll take some adjusting to get a perfect image. Unfortunately, I think I need it to come down more. Hard to achieve with my nose in the way. When I push it down hard on my nose, I get a perfect picture, but of course it's not comfortable at all. I've already removed the nose cushion. Not sure what else to do. I do agree though. It's beautiful when you see it properly. Hands down, the best 3D out there.

Yeah, thats a problem I have to.. I think the skigoogles mod will help there too, because you remove the frame completely which includes the nose rest and all that crap...

I've spent a lot of time today working on it. I think I've got the nose problem straightened out for the most part. I can see it clear without crushing my nose. I had to adjust the higher strap a bit and voila. Of course, when I watch something for a little while, the weight still presses on my nose. I might order a strap mod I've seen online. That might do it. I watched Hugo today. It looked incredible. Beautiful movie and ghost free 3D is :yess:

Yeah I had to tighten the lower strap (Used that little thingt thats included to tighten it) and it works better now.. I do not get perfect focus in the edges, but its close enough.. You can mod the mechanics so you can change the pupil distance independant

Yeah I had to tighten the lower strap (Used that little thingt thats included to tighten it) and it works better now.. I do not get perfect focus in the edges, but its close enough.. You can mod the mechanics so you can change the pupil distance independant

Yeah, I still have a slight bit of blur on the sides. I can get the corners sharp, but the middle sides have a tiny bit of blur. Ive seen what you're talking about with the lens adjusting mods, but I dont think I'll attempt it. You have to practically take the whole thing apart to get to it. I'm not that brave. Overall, I'm thrilled with this device. It's not perfect by any means, but it gives you an experience that's totally unique and it's discrete 3D can't be beat right now.

Just tried RE5 (A Nvidia 3D Vision title) wow, the 3D is so f-ing nice! To bad the graphics arent that nice since its a console port.. But man the 3D!

I've now stripped the HMZ and will buy ski goggles to mount them in sometime this next week after the easter holidays

hmz-stripped.jpg

The controls are grouped together on a seperate platform so it should be easy to mount it on the ski goggle

hmz-control.jpg

Did you ever finish your mod for these?

I just got a pretty good deal on a pair of these and I should get them next week. If I can't get a good fit, I will probably try mod them.

Anyone upgrading to the HMD-T2's?

If the Occulus Rift actually gets made these will be such a waste of money.

From a gaming standpoint, most likely since the FOV is greater and it will have VR tracking. They will have to increase the resolution since it is currently a 1,280x800-pixel display, which is split between two eyes, working out to dual 640x800-pixel screens. Not as good resolution or 3d effect as having two separate screens, one for each eye, like these which are more for multimedia.

Did you ever finish your mod for these?

I just got a pretty good deal on a pair of these and I should get them next week. If I can't get a good fit, I will probably try mod them.

Anyone upgrading to the HMD-T2's?

Sorry for a very, very late reply. Yes its finished and working well, just finnished playing the VR version of DooM 3 (DooM 3 BFG edition) and wow, its so nice. The immersive level is so great even at the FOV of the HMZ. Cant wait for the Rift! Though I think i'll stick with my HMZ until the consumer version of the Rift since it will probably have better and higher res displays.

Here is a picture of my HMZ
bild

The immersive level after the mod is much better than the stock design because it blocks out all reference points from the outside world

Also, I've had some contact with the Guys behind the rift because I hang on the VR forum over at https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB I'm also the founder of the a Software called FreePIE which is used to bridge VR input like headtrackers etc into games that does not support it. I'm also working on a way of controlling the game by walking on a large open space like a football field and map that movement and rotation into the game.

Where can i try a pair out???, think i might buy this instead of a new projector; really love how you can adjust so many parameters of the device too' :)

Back