Anyone ordered these babies? (Sony HMZ-T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the screens are that small does it really need to be 1080p?

Im very curios though id lov to play some ps3 with those one time. I have no rich friends unfortunatley

I'd say it would be noticeable simply because of how close you are to the screens. I've seen reviews that talk about being able to see the pixels. You're so close to them that the screens appear as one huge screen and encompass most of your peripheral vision.

The optics are pretty good which makes belive the screen is quite big.. I tried them at the Sony store and couldn't see any pixels.. But I have 0.9 vision, 1.0 is the norm... People having 1.0+ could probably see the pixels... My girlfriend has 1.5 and she didn't notice any pixels (She just pointed out that she also didnt look for them :p)...

yes, 1.4 has only 24hz in 1080p

people will go blind from wearing these and then I'll laugh that they paid so much to ____ up their eyes.

They are probably better for your eyes than shutter glasses which 99.9% of the current 3D solutions use...

edit: by the way, are you a doctor or optician or something, or are you just taking that out of the blue?

set your eyes 3"s away from a computer screen and think about it. It doesn't take a genius to realize its going to ____ your eyes up.

So less than 3" away from your retina is better for you than 3"s or 10 feet?

LOL. Are you one of the people that denies that headphones blasting right in your ear causes hearing loss?

Trust me, you use this for more than a few minutes a day and you'll regret it.

What does a screen in front of your eyes have to do with making you blind?

Headphones can damage your hearing in two ways--one is having the music too loud (easy fix) the other is that if they're in your ear they block the air and the sound waves create compression directly in your ear.

In the case of computer screens--there's nothing inherently bad about them, it's just that most of the time you're actually using your eyes to read or whatever which is just like working out your muscles. For some people though that might get seizures then since it's actually flashing rapidly it can cause problems, but for the vast majority of people it's just fine.

You guys will see (or not)...:lol

People who read books too close suffer problems. People who sit too close to the tv suffer problems. Our eyes were not designed to view artificial light and images right in front of our faces for extended periods of time.

I tried to find any mention of potential safety hazards and there is absolutely nothing I can find on it including doctors saying its safe. Seems to me they did little to no research on it.

Good luck being the test rats.

You must be joking, or are you just trying to troll the thread?
The OPTICS in the unit makes you focus on maybe 2-5 meters (The specs says 750" screen viewed at 20 meters, but when I tried it it felt like maybe a 60" screen at 2 meters), so its actually less stressing then a computer screen at lets say 20" away... If there were no optics in the damn thing you wouldn't be able to see anything because you cant focus that close...

You guys will see (or not)...:lol

People who read books too close suffer problems. People who sit too close to the tv suffer problems. Our eyes were not designed to view artificial light and images right in front of our faces for extended periods of time.

I tried to find any mention of potential safety hazards and there is absolutely nothing I can find on it including doctors saying its safe. Seems to me they did little to no research on it.

Good luck being the test rats.

No offense, but you sound like a typical hater. "I don't like this, so I don't want anyone else to either!" everything you said here is myth and hearsay. I've been hearing the same lame jargon aimed at 3D for the past couple years. It's tired and played out....no offense.

You must be joking, or are you just trying to troll the thread?
The OPTICS in the unit makes you focus on maybe 2-5 meters (The specs says 750" screen viewed at 20 meters, but when I tried it it felt like maybe a 60" screen at 2 meters), so its actually less stressing then a computer screen at lets say 20" away... If there were no optics in the damn thing you wouldn't be able to see anything because you cant focus that close...

:rotfl Just because something "looks" like its 2 meters away doesn't mean it is 2 meters away.

Its the same concept as the ear phone. Its a small noise compared to an airplane, but its right in your ear and for a prolonged time so its more damaging.

Who knows, maybe these will be harmless. More power to you if it is. Personally I don't feel comfortable staring at something close range for hours at a time just because Sony says it makes for a wonderful viewing experience. When headphones first came out I'm sure nobody raised the red flag and now look, most 30 year olds have bad hearing already.

The strain you are referring to comes from that your eyes has to converge and accommodate to the extreme. The optics in the unit change the light beam in a way that you converge at maybe 2-5 meters... When you look through a binocular, do you think god is moving the objects closer?

I tried this in the sony store, cool concept, impressive low price, and some of the best black levels i see due to their oled screen. Unfortunately it's too awkward for daily use. It's way too heavy & big to put it on the head and watch a 2 hour movie especially if you wear glasses, and it doesnt fit all that well. I will definitely be a buyer after they improve this in the a few more iterations.

For now, the best HT solution is still a projector with a 100" pulldown screen with a wall mounted tv behind it. So you can use the tv for news and quick viewing, then fire up the projector for movies.

I tried this in the sony store, cool concept, impressive low price, and some of the best black levels i see due to their oled screen. Unfortunately it's too awkward for daily use. It's way too heavy & big to put it on the head and watch a 2 hour movie especially if you wear glasses, and it doesnt fit all that well. I will definitely be a buyer after they improve this in the a few more iterations.

For now, the best HT solution is still a projector with a 100" pulldown screen with a wall mounted tv behind it. So you can use the tv for news and quick viewing, then fire up the projector for movies.

Yeah, there are mods you can do, one popular is to use the mounting part from a construction safety helmet or a welding helmet.

file.php

But yes, its a shame they missed on this part, but these kind of products are too rear to miss out on...

I actually have one of these - I was in the first shipment, so I've had it for a couple of months. The 3d is second to none - bright, crisp, and has a ton of depth.

The only downside that I've found is the fitting of it - it took a good 3 days or so at first to get it exactly right on my head - but after that I've had no problems and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

And as far as it hurting your eyes - it doesn't. I've watched several movies and played many games in both 2d and 3d with no issues.

I actually have one of these - I was in the first shipment, so I've had it for a couple of months. The 3d is second to none - bright, crisp, and has a ton of depth.

The only downside that I've found is the fitting of it - it took a good 3 days or so at first to get it exactly right on my head - but after that I've had no problems and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

And as far as it hurting your eyes - it doesn't. I've watched several movies and played many games in both 2d and 3d with no issues.

You got it to fit and feel nice without mods? Your must be the only one on this planet :p

I'm still waiting for mine, there was a batch released last week, but I didn't get one :/, but now om #3 on the preorder queue so should get one anyday now.. What do you mean with "The 3d is second to none"? :D

Back