Anyone ordered these babies? (Sony HMZ-T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what they should do--once Kinect 2 comes out, they can put that together with this--like you could have Kinect tracking your head movements and body movements and applying them to the character and then having it where the camera in the game would be the actual character's view. Like you could put your hand up to your face and your character in game would match the movements, it would be like being in a different body.

Only issue would be walking movement since you could only move around so far. But it would work perfectly for things like racing games.

Also, they'd need to add eye tracking to the visor--since the 3D convergence would be controlled by your eyes

I actually went ahead and got on the wait list. I have no idea how long that wait will be though. When I placed my order it said eta March 5th, but now it says nothing LOL. Chances are, I'll be waiting so long that by the time mine is ready to ship I'll have forgotten all about it.

That James Rolfe video is funny as hell. I never heard of that one back in the day. We've come a long way.

I actually went ahead and got on the wait list. I have no idea how long that wait will be though. When I placed my order it said eta March 5th, but now it says nothing LOL. Chances are, I'll be waiting so long that by the time mine is ready to ship I'll have forgotten all about it.

Nice, welcome to the VR addiction :D

Nice, welcome to the VR addiction :D

I'm not there yet. I'm just waiting like a lot of other guys. From what I understand though, this isn't a VR visor and wasn't designed to be. It's just a movie and gaming viewer and only has a 45 degree viewing angle. Not wide enough for true VR applications.

I've seen a lot of people using Trackir or whatever it's called and incorporating some head tracking tech into the HMZ, but you should probably keep your expectations in check. From everything I hear, it looks more like a screen that's 6 to 10 feet away from you, like you'd see in a small theatre and not something that wraps around your eyes and gives you the panoramic effect you'd need for proper VR. You probably know all that, but just in case you got some bad info hehe. It sounds like the effect with head tracking will be pretty immersive from what I hear though.

I've seen/used many different 3d TVs, and the 3d on this is better than everything else I've tried (brightness, depth, etc)

I hear that it's the most natural 3D to date, but that it also has the least amount of "pop" out of all the 3D techs out there. People think that it's because of the visual isolation. There's no point of reference for objects that appear to be coming out of the screen, so it tends to look a it flatter than it would on a tv. What are your thoughts?

Its alot up to the content also, if you play PC games you can adjust the separation and convergence to your liking.. PS3 games and movies are not as nice as PC games from what I've heard

:yess:I'll hope to get mine soon to, cant wait!

Yeah, good luck to you. I hear it's a bit tougher for people in eu, but I'm sure they'll fill all the orders. I guess that's the problem with buying a product thats not being mass produced. We're basically paying to test a new piece of tech for Sony hehe. I can't help it though. Too cool to pass up.

I will get mine at 14-17 of Mars so its not much later then US, but I've been waiting since November!

In the meantime im researching comfortmods, heres a video showing how to dissassamble the HMD, looks easy enough.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx0SqIZRbDI[/ame]

Last edited:
Back