Anyone keep their 1/6th Joes unopened ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does the OG Joe go for MISB?

armymen.jpg

These? Not much. If you are refering to Action Soldier, about $300 now. Those vintage toys are worth what they are because people played with them and trashed the package. Not the same now. How many MOC Phantom Menace figures are rotting in basements. :lol

Other than a few figures, I don't think the SS line will command much more than MSRP in the future. Could be wrong. Doesn't matter to me. But it is wrong to not open them up and enjoy em even more.

I go both ways(wait that did'nt come out right) When I used to collect gijoe back in the 90s I used to buy one to open and one to leave in the box. I did this not for the resale value but to keep it mint for my personal satisfaction:cuckoo: This worked fine when these were 20 bucks but this practice is not very affordable at 100+ a figure, so I started opening most figures and would only buy an extra of my most favorates. I display my figures in glass cases so dust is not an issue. I have opened most of my sideshow joes with the exception of snake eyes, and I have yet to open a cobra, they will get opened when I get a new display cabinet and can display them right. I don't want to clutter up the display with to many on one shelf.

I was very picky about this, I had them all in the box unopened, but the pressure got to me, I have a ton of 25th ann Joes/vehicles still sealed, but these just were very well done and the pics here got to me, I finally opened ALL when I got Stalker, it took me MANY hours to put them all together but worth it they look great and still maintain their value even out of the box, but I keep my boxes in pristine condition still in case I want to resell.

I did originally buy 2 of each but got very expensive did tha for about the first 5 releases, even bought 3 snake eyes at first because I knew it would be a hot seller

I have always been an opener...especially with Sideshow's Joe masterpieces. Staring at the figures through the window box or looking at pics online does not do them justice - you have to appreciate the finer details in the fabric, web gear, weapons, zippers, clothing, dogtags, and unit patches.

So free your Joes from their cardboard prisons!!!

I took this pic a while back, stuck my figures back in the box to have that original cardback look, but mainly to keep them protected from dust until I have a case or glass doors for my shelves.
dscn1735a.jpg

Got rid of all the boxes. If I ever want to resell the figures, Ill just part them out and get my money back.

This is a good plan. But in the future, if you are going to trash the brown shipper boxes, I would like to talk to you about acquiring them as I like to store my product boxes in them and Sideshow has developed a nasty habit of sending my figures in their oversized boxes.

I have to open mine. They are too cool not too. Otherwise, I would sell them or not have bought them at all.

I took this pic a while back, stuck my figures back in the box to have that original cardback look, but mainly to keep them protected from dust until I have a case or glass doors for my shelves.
dscn1735a.jpg

Wow...gonna half steal some ideas here, I love this layout Mercer.

That actually isn't a bad idea at all. Looks good with that old school RAH background they have printed in the box. Maybe i should try that. Detolfs are getting cluttered.

Back