Anybody else see this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
I hope you're right about red robed Palpatine. Perhaps he'll be the first with an (exclusive, probably) alternate "evil" head.

If I thought that were the case, I'd actually be rooting for the third arresting Jedi to come next, just to complete the scene.

This is definitely my favorite version of Palpy from the prequels. Alternate Sidious head and hands, plus lightening, lightsaber, hilt, all add up to one happy Customikey. The regular head should have that concentrated, chin-jutting, teeth just bared look. Am I wrong, or does Palpy actually hiss at Mace during their fight?

Having the Evil head and hands as the exclusive is fine with me. He's different enough in ROTJ to warrant a new portrait. I'd like to see a real sneer on the ROTS, so we can get the cool, self-satisfied ROTJ version.

tomandshell said:
Can somebody post a screen cap of this? I went through the scene frame by frame today and couldn't find a shot that actually showed the head, just the shadow. There is a shot of the helmet bouncing on the ground and rolling over, but so help me I couldn't find a single frame with the actual head in it. If anybody could show this to me, I would appreciate it!

I haven't seen the DVD yet, (I'm waiting for HD DVD) but I would not be at all surprised if it didn't survive the DVD transfer. It was a wide shot and the head was blurry, out-of-focus and most imporantly in the bg to far bg. It was mostly in shadow and it rolled into the light for less than a second. We may need HD DVD to catch it.

Just so you don't think I'm reading into it I should qualify this by saying that I saw the film 7 times all the way through, caught act one an additional time, I used to work at a movie house and spent every break in a theatre and went to the movies about 3 times a week, often to the same movie to study the film and the audiences' reactions. This is all to say, while people get caught up in the movies and misremember things all the time, I think I have some authority.

Customikey said:
Am I wrong, or does Palpy actually hiss at Mace during their fight?

I believe you are correct. I love the Palpatine performace.

"POWER!! UNLIMITED POWER!!"

Back