Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck, Rory. I was a vegetarian for awhile, and even though I've gone back to eating meat, I've learned to eat a lot healthier.

:drool:drool:drool
In about a month I am getting my big ass burger. It is my reward for losing weight.:lol:lol:lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lSmNTqZ3wV4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lSmNTqZ3wV4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i didn't bother to read this whole topic, but i can guess at what has been brought up so far...

- "not eating meat saves helpless animals."
wrong. millions of helpless animals are killed by harvesting, clear-cutting and insecticide/fertilizer for crops.

- "meat is totally unhealthy/dirty."
eating ANYTHING in excess is unhealthy. and plenty of salmonella/e.coli outbreaks are from vegetables.
humans are omnivores and eating meat is critical to brain development.

- "i can take supplements to replace what i'm not getting from meat."
bunk. dietary supplements were originally meant for people with health conditions. now, they're just a multi-billion dollar industry based on poor education and fear mongering.
your body is not designed to process vitamin pills and anything you take will just pass right through you. and that's just the best case scenario.

- "but, i can just eat soy protein."
soy spikes your estrogen levels and can wreak havoc with your hormonal balance. this is especially bad for men.

being a vegetarian is fine. but if you're doing it for the reasons mentioned above, you're probably just risking your health for another fad.
the key to staying healthy is "everything in moderation".

i didn't bother to read this whole topic, but i can guess at what has been brought up so far...

It's obvious you didn't read it...
most of your points are weak cookie-cutter/wikipedia arguments...
so... do you have links to support them, please?

being a vegetarian is fine. but if you're doing it for the reasons mentioned above, you're probably just risking your health for another fad.
I agree with the moderation, but let me remind you, being vegetarian is older than being an omnivore.. not a fad...

I agree with the moderation, but let me remind you, being vegetarian is older than being an omnivore.. not a fad...

Don't want to start an argument on this one is more out of curiosity, but what do you base that argument on ?

Going way back to Neanderthal which is suspected to have been the most carnivorous form of human ever to have existed

Actually, my understanding is that archaeologists are starting to find evidence that early men hunted in groups and ate their kills themselves while woman fed the children and old people by mainly foraging for food.

So I think you'll find that while Adam was eaten ribs, eve was eating apples at the same time.

for veegans that crave an alternative to steak, i present you the cowliflower............:monkey1
33778.jpg

- "not eating meat saves helpless animals."
wrong. millions of helpless animals are killed by harvesting, clear-cutting and insecticide/fertilizer for crops.

Nothing is perfect, this world is a sh#thole but that doesn't mean you can't do something to reduce suffering. Animals are killed by harvesting etc.. yes but does that mean we should further this suffering by packing animals in meat factories and denying that they are living beings that can feel and fear.

Your point is flawed it's like saying you shouldn't rescue anyone out of a burning building because you can't rescue them all. I do what i can in a flawed world.

- "meat is totally unhealthy/dirty."
eating ANYTHING in excess is unhealthy. and plenty of salmonella/e.coli outbreaks are from vegetables.
humans are omnivores and eating meat is critical to brain development.

Animal protein is critical to human brain development wich can be taken from things like milk and eggs.

- "i can take supplements to replace what i'm not getting from meat."
bunk. dietary supplements were originally meant for people with health conditions. now, they're just a multi-billion dollar industry based on poor education and fear mongering.
your body is not designed to process vitamin pills and anything you take will just pass right through you. and that's just the best case scenario.

There is nothing you really need from meat that you can't get from milk and eggs, plus iron can be taken from eating plenty of green vegetables.

- "but, i can just eat soy protein."
soy spikes your estrogen levels and can wreak havoc with your hormonal balance. this is especially bad for men.

True but i don't eat soy, a vegetarian doesn't need soy. Besides the protein sources i already mentioned there are plenty of other sources like nuts and beans for example.

Asian people eat plenty of soy by the way and i don't see a problem there.

Non-sense and you forgot to mention maybe the most important reasons not to eat meat (or soy)

Eating meat furthers world hunger, all the grain that is consumed by animals lined up for slaughter can feed entire countries.

Eating meat destroys our natural environment, all the soy that is cultivated to feed these animals (pigs especially) detroys our forests.

Last edited:
That may be.
But if they want to play hide the sausage with me, they better be eating some first! :lol

Who wants to play that game with a woman who uses such language anyway? :lol

Rory, in reality, vegetarians and vegans kill more animals than meat eaters.

Mice, rats, birds, reptiles, amphibians, racoons, gophers, moles, - you name it. Even deer are taken to protect a crop. Anything that's been living in that beloved wheat/soy/rice/corn/canola whatever field for the previous year is toast.

Walk a crop after that huge diesal burning reaper has harvested a crop and count the dead in it's wake.

Then, more diesal has to move said crop to the fuel burning factory to grind, form, flake, whatever said crop into it's man-made munchie form. Then more fuel's needed to bag, box, can, freeze whatever said crop.

By the time I've eaten one *grass-fed* steer, a vegan's killed thousands of animals. And not helped the environment much, either.

That point would only be valid if meat eaters wouldn't munch down green stuff and they do.

If you truly want to help out animals, learn about humane, sustainably farmed animals.

That is what's going to help this world...

Actually scientists say that eating insects is a real solution. Not that i as a vegetarian would ever do that.:lol

Is that why you have a sexual fetish for king kong? You see him as a 'real man' ? :lol

Another comment from a retarded infant.

Didn't you lost your balls watching smalville? Somebody should have warned you that watching slag jaw fagg sh#t like that causes balls to drop off.

Last edited:
Back