Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PETA.png

i for one believe as gary larson does that cows are plotting to take over the world.......so i will do my part to thin the herd so to speak...medium rare style....:cool:

FarSideCownCar.gif

Thanks GB that was very helpful. I don't plan on going Vegan, seems like a very tough life style. I enjoy cheese and some other animal products like eggs and such.

It's interesting how you were able to come back from being Vegan. I have noticed once most go that direction it's a lifetime thing.

A lot it had to do with my change in location and the relationship I ended up in. I moved from Ohio (where being a Vegan was still a pain, but manageable) to Oklahoma where half the vehicles have a "Eat Beef" sticker or license plate :lol

Also, initially my wife met me in the "middle" at Vegetarian (dairy and egg now added) then we agreed seafood would be okay. Then it was chicken to pork and back up to Beef :lol So really just gradually eased out of it. It may have all been part of her master plan, but its okay I don't really regret going back at this point.

Although its still funny to me how not eating meat is (sometimes seriously) considered a bad thing by others :lol

Funny how much some of you love bacon- I don't much care for it. I only eat bacon about twice a year and then that's it. Don't crave it at all. Barely even enjoy it twice a year. :lol

Funny how much some of you love bacon- I don't much care for it. I only eat bacon about twice a year and then that's it. Don't crave it at all. Barely even enjoy it twice a year. :lol

I was dated a woman whose last name was Bacon, That woman could do no wrong in my eyes! I was in heaven....:drool

I'm a vegetarian, no real supplements needed other than some extra iron pills. If you eat eggs and drink milk there isn't any problem. I have been a vegetarian for about 15 years now and i even practice amatuer bodybuilding on a vegetarian diet.

I've been a Vegetarian for about 8 years now...
Big changes, but I won't eat meat ever again in my life...
You have to be convinced that this is what you want to do,
otherwise, you'll fail...
I do it for ethics, so that makes things easier actually...
Check these websites, they have tons of info and may help you

www.goveg.com
www.vegetariantimes.com
www.vegan.org
www.veganstore.com

A lot it had to do with my change in location and the relationship I ended up in. I moved from Ohio (where being a Vegan was still a pain, but manageable) to Oklahoma where half the vehicles have a "Eat Beef" sticker or license plate :lol

Also, initially my wife met me in the "middle" at Vegetarian (dairy and egg now added) then we agreed seafood would be okay. Then it was chicken to pork and back up to Beef :lol So really just gradually eased out of it. It may have all been part of her master plan, but its okay I don't really regret going back at this point.

I find that interesting. This vegetarian movement I am feeling is mostly due to the fact that I don't want to eat animals. I feel like a hypocrite for eating meat and I also feel disgusting and partly ashamed when I eat meat now. I don't really know where this is coming from but it's been slowly progressing to this point for about a year now. The funny thing is that I get satisfaction out of eating a purely vegetarian meal- almost like I am beating the system in some way. I like that it's my choice to be this way and that I am not just doing what I was trained to do since I was a child.

I guess I have always found it odd that people are so proud of eating meat. I really just don't understand it. They almost brag about it to some extent. I have always felt like I wasn't like that. I have and I still think I do enjoy a hamburger from time to time but only because I can disassociate it from being a cow to some degree. If I think about it for too long I lose the appetite to eat it.

Last edited:
Top of the food chain always eats meat. Rawr!

I don't mean to pick on your comment Nash but this is what I was referring to when I said most people tend to brag about eating meat. I have just never understood that mentality.

Reminds of shows like King of the Hill where they have those backyard cookouts and all the men are gawking at how big and juicy the steak is. Then there are the comments like Real Men Eat Beef which are weird to me. Why would that make anyone more than what they already are? Why is beef so manly- where did this notion come from?

I'm a vegetarian, no real supplements needed other than some extra iron pills. If you eat eggs and drink milk there isn't any problem. I have been a vegetarian for about 15 years now and i even practice amatuer bodybuilding on a vegetarian diet.

Thank you for the information. Good to know that in the long term there are no real harmful side effects to a meatless diet. :)

I've been a Vegetarian for about 8 years now...
Big changes, but I won't eat meat ever again in my life...
You have to be convinced that this is what you want to do,
otherwise, you'll fail...
I do it for ethics, so that makes things easier actually...
Check these websites, they have tons of info and may help you

www.goveg.com
www.vegetariantimes.com
www.vegan.org
www.veganstore.com
Thanks for the links, I will definitely check them out.

I am really trying to figure out why I am feeling this way honestly. I want to be a vegetarian for many reasons. Let's just see if my will is good enough.

Back