Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Roranous

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any vegetarians on this board. I really would like to know what supplements or vitamins etc. you have to take to maintain a healthy body. Meat has always been a part of my diet but lately I have been shying away from it- I am really just not into it. In short I just feel more comfortable eating vegetables but want to know how to still get all the nutrients and things I will be missing if I exclude meat from my diet.

I still haven't decided if I want to go full vegetarian but the idea is looking a lot more appetizing to me lately so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

veal.jpg

Yeah, I hate cooking meat. ewwww. I am fine making vegetarian dishes but it truly bothers me to look at raw meat and to handle it. :lol

I do not eat red meat... just poultry and seafood. I am a part time vegetarian (lol) but I always end up eating something with tofu, squash or noodles. I think the only good types of veggie food are Thai and Indian. lol

Oh and any Morning Star products... especially their buffalo wings. ;)

I do not eat red meat... just poultry and seafood. I am a part time vegetarian (lol) but I always end up eating something with tofu, squash or noodles. I think the only good types of veggie food are Thai and Indian. lol

Oh and any Morning Star products... especially their buffalo wings. ;)

I am the same way. I have been steering clear of red meat but have still been eating some poultry... so I guess I am a part time vegetarian too. :lol

I have been enjoying the Morning Star mini corn dogs. Although I still feel weird about eating a vegetarian food that is supposed to mimic meat because for some reason it still doesn't feel right. :lol

everybody knows you never go full veegan...:lol

i can go a week or so without steak or hamburger but my cravings kick in & i just cant do without. especially bacon......:lecture

The only thing that is hard to get as a Vegetarian or a Vegan is B12. Which you can find in some foods (like kelp) but a supplement is easy to obtain. I was actually a Vegan for about 7 years... but over time go bored and slowly moved through the gateway foods back up to full-blown meat eater :lol

I think there is a lot of worry about vitamins, but if you are a relatively healthy adult switching to a vegetarian diet shouldn't be much of an issue. Although, it wouldn't hurt to consult with a nutritionist just to make sure there isn't anything unique about you that you need to be careful about.

One pitfall a lot of vegetarians get into is they eat a lot of pasta and things that don't have a lot of nutritional value or just make the same meals and leave out the meat... so you still want to get whole foods in you diet. And expect to get some initial changes in your weight (either some loss or gain) as your body gets adjusted to a new diet... especially if you go cold turkey.

The only thing that is hard to get as a Vegetarian or a Vegan is B12. Which you can find in some foods (like kelp) but a supplement is easy to obtain. I was actually a Vegan for about 7 years... but over time go bored and slowly moved through the gateway foods back up to full-blown meat eater :lol

I think there is a lot of worry about vitamins, but if you are a relatively healthy adult switching to a vegetarian diet shouldn't be much of an issue. Although, it wouldn't hurt to consult with a nutritionist just to make sure there isn't anything unique about you that you need to be careful about.

One pitfall a lot of vegetarians get into is they eat a lot of pasta and things that don't have a lot of nutritional value or just make the same meals and leave out the meat... so you still want to get whole foods in you diet. And expect to get some initial changes in your weight (either some loss or gain) as your body gets adjusted to a new diet... especially if you go cold turkey.

Thanks GB that was very helpful. I don't plan on going Vegan, seems like a very tough life style. I enjoy cheese and some other animal products like eggs and such.

It's interesting how you were able to come back from being Vegan. I have noticed once most go that direction it's a lifetime thing.

I have already noticed a drop in my weight since I cut out a lot of meat from my diet. It's a good thing though because the bulk of the meat I was eating before was red meat from fast food places like burgers and such. I feel tons better now.

Thanks again for the advice. :D

everybody knows you never go full veegan...:lol

i can go a week or so without steak or hamburger but my cravings kick in & i just cant do without. especially bacon......:lecture

What's strange is that I never really crave it but a good burger or steak is delicious. Usually the only red meat I eat is a hamburger but since I have been shying away from them I haven't felt the need for one. I think it's kind of like the soda thing, you can get addicted to soda very easily but if you take it out of your diet for a bit you will stop craving it eventually and even dislike the taste when it's reintroduced to your diet.

Was a vegetarian for about 9 years as well, but like GB I just got bored with the cuisine, and am now back to full carnivore mode.

The funny thing is, I remember my mother being heartbroken when I stopped eating meat (classic Italian momma). She would begrudgedly make me a separate marinara sauce so I could eat with everone on family visits. Such a sweet lady! :love

Back