Any Vegetarians on This Board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mean to pick on your comment Nash but this is what I was referring to when I said most people tend to brag about eating meat. I have just never understood that mentality.

Reminds of shows like King of the Hill where they have those backyard cookouts and all the men are gawking at how big and juicy the steak is. Then there are the comments like Real Men Eat Beef which are weird to me. Why would that make anyone more than what they already are? Why is beef so manly- where did this notion come from?

It's BS. if you want to see a real man look at our close relative the gorilla. A silverback gorilla will make any human male look extremely weak, and all it mostly does is eat vegetation.

I can beat up most of the meat eating girly-men you call ''real'' men.:lol

:lol:lol

Yeah I've never understood the mentality either...
It's like some stupid caveman memory embedded in our brains...
As I said, if you do it because of ethics regarding animals, it'll be much easier for you...
That's what happened to me, I am still disgusted about how animals are treated, and I just can't understand how people can ignore the fact that
these animals are brutally massacred...

It's BS. if you want to see a real man look at our close relative the gorilla. A silverback gorilla will make any human male look extremely weak, and all it mostly does is eat vegetation.

You can't compare, though. We have a different gut system. We're closer to chimps and they definitely eat meat...

As I said, if you do it because of ethics regarding animals, it'll be much easier for you...
That's what happened to me, I am still disgusted about how animals are treated, and I just can't understand how people can ignore the fact that
So don't support it. I don't. I only purchase humanely raised, grass-fed animals. Look up Sustainably Raised Beef and see the huge difference it makes...

I can beat up most of the meat eating girly-men you call ''real'' men.:lol
That may be.
But if they want to play hide the sausage with me, they better be eating some first! :lol

Rory, in reality, vegetarians and vegans kill more animals than meat eaters.

Mice, rats, birds, reptiles, amphibians, racoons, gophers, moles, - you name it. Even deer are taken to protect a crop. Anything that's been living in that beloved wheat/soy/rice/corn/canola whatever field for the previous year is toast.

Walk a crop after that huge diesal burning reaper has harvested a crop and count the dead in it's wake.

Then, more diesal has to move said crop to the fuel burning factory to grind, form, flake, whatever said crop into it's man-made munchie form. Then more fuel's needed to bag, box, can, freeze whatever said crop.

By the time I've eaten one *grass-fed* steer, a vegan's killed thousands of animals. And not helped the environment much, either.

If you truly want to help out animals, learn about humane, sustainably farmed animals.

That is what's going to help this world...

That's the part that makes me feel like such a hypocrite. These animals are abused and slaughtered and not just a few- millions. Then I look at my dog and how intelligent and full of emotions he is and I get disgusted with myself. I know other animals eat meat and would probably tear me in half if they had the chance and the need to feed to survive but I like to think that I have intelligently transcended beyond the need to murder other things when I have another choice that is easy and perfectly available.

Meat is too easy. If people really had to go out and kill what they eat I guarantee that there would be a lot more vegetarians out there. I have thought about that constantly for a while now and I know I couldn't do it. Especially when I know I can survive just as well on fruits and vegetables.

I remember when I was a little boy in Spain my relatives went outside of their farm and shot a rabbit. Then they brought it into the kitchen and skinned it, cooked it and later served it. I had none but I was so surprised by the reactions of everyone around me. They never flinched. Not when they killed it, not even when they skinned it with their bare hands and there was blood and hair everywhere. I was so disgusted when my cousin asked for the eyeball of the rabbit. That day has stuck with me ever since. I even cringe when I think about it now.

You can't compare, though. We have a different gut system. We're closer to chimps and they definitely eat meat...

So don't support it. I don't. I only purchase humanely raised, grass-fed animals. Look up Sustainably Raised Beef and see the huge difference it makes...

That may be.
But if they want to play hide the sausage with me, they better be eating some first! :lol

Rory, in reality, vegetarians and vegans kill more animals than meat eaters.

Mice, rats, birds, reptiles, amphibians, racoons, gophers, moles, - you name it. Even deer are taken to protect a crop. Anything that's been living in that beloved wheat/soy/rice/corn/canola whatever field for the previous year is toast.

Walk a crop after that huge diesal burning reaper has harvested a crop and count the dead in it's wake.

Then, more diesal has to move said crop to the fuel burning factory to grind, form, flake, whatever said crop into it's man-made munchie form. Then more fuel's needed to bag, box, can, freeze whatever said crop.

By the time I've eaten one *grass-fed* steer, a vegan's killed thousands of animals. And not helped the environment much, either.

If you truly want to help out animals, learn about humane, sustainably farmed animals.

That is what's going to help this world...

I feel as though I am new to this journey. I have so much research to do. My motives are to be the person I want to be- the person that I am comfortable with if you know what I mean. I don't necessarily want to be extreme about all this. I guess I still have a lot to figure out. When I made this thread it was more of an impulse thing to see how other people deal with being human and living a certain way. It is helping a lot though.

Good luck, Rory. I was a vegetarian for awhile, and even though I've gone back to eating meat, I've learned to eat a lot healthier.

Good luck, Rory. I was a vegetarian for awhile, and even though I've gone back to eating meat, I've learned to eat a lot healthier.

That picture. :lol

Thanks! I have no idea what the future holds for me concerning this matter. All I know is I really don't want to like/eat meat. :eek:

You have to ask yourself....."What would Kristen Bell do?" :lol :huh

:lol I constantly think about that as well when I watch that show. They always show her about to bite into something meaty but then the camera pans away or they cut to another scene. A lot of the people I respect/admire are vegetarians or vegans but I wouldn't do it for them. This is definitely about me and what I feel is right for me. It doesn't hurt that vegetarians are sexy. :D:lol

... It doesn't hurt that vegetarians are sexy. :D:lol
natalie-portman-shoes-te-casan.jpg

avril-lavigne-mtv-europe-music-awards-03.0.0.0x0.432x650.jpeg

Kristen-Bell-32.JPG

Did you guys know that Johnny Cash was a vegetarian. I had no idea but I find that interesting for some reason.

Looking over the celebrity vegetarian list is kind of weird, yet inspiring. There are a lot of people on that list that I have some respect for. Even John Lennon is on that list. :lol

Is that why you have a sexual fetish for king kong? You see him as a 'real man' ? :lol

Thanks! I have no idea what the future holds for me concerning this matter. All I know is I really don't want to like/eat meat. :eek:

It's really not that hard to do as long as you're in the right mind set. I was pretty committed to it when I started, but like other's have mention, I got bored with the limitations (some things, no matter how hard you try, do not taste like meat. :lol). Now I think I've found a good balance. And I can say I haven't been to a fast food joint in over 5 years.

It's really not that hard to do as long as you're in the right mind set. I was pretty committed to it when I started, but like other's have mention, I got bored with the limitations (some things, no matter how hard you try, do not taste like meat. :lol). Now I think I've found a good balance. And I can say I haven't been to a fast food joint in over 5 years.

Cool that you pointed that out Batty. I find it ironic and silly that someone wants to be a vegetarian but eats something that "tastes" like chicken, or beef, or pork.... lol :rolleyes:

Cool that you pointed that out Batty. I find it ironic and silly that someone wants to be a vegetarian but eats something that "tastes" like chicken, or beef, or pork.... lol :rolleyes:

:lol

Yeah, I didn't become a vegetarian because I didn't like the taste of meat. It was so I could change my eating habits and lose weight. I used to weigh 240 pounds at one point. At the time I guess I didn't have any noble animal saving reasons. :eek:

:lol

Yeah, I didn't become a vegetarian because I didn't like the taste of meat. It was so I could change my eating habits and lose weight. I used to weigh 240 pounds at one point. At the time I guess I didn't have any noble animal saving reasons. :eek:

Did the weight come straight off once you stopped eating meat? What happened when you resumed again? Just very curious.

Back