Any Straight Edgers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too dirty to even be in this thread.

That's hot.

Ween, take notes.

Ah, I see you don't know the meaning of prominscuity. It means "having sex for teh lolz" with another chick on a weekly basis. Having sex with girlfriends or high school sweethearts or sex with more than one in general isn't casual sex. Sluts and manwhores are who have casual sex.

Yeah. Deviation from religious norms isn't really a standard to measure sexual aberration by.

Ah, I see you don't know the meaning of prominscuity. It means "having sex for teh lolz" with another chick on a weekly basis. Having sex with girlfriends or high school sweethearts or sex with more than one in general isn't casual sex. Sluts and manwhores are who have casual sex.

quoted for truth :lecture

and like I said, I thought part of being straight edge was that as well, no promiscuous activity too

I don't think taking over the counter medicine like advil/tylenol for pain is recreational drug use, but to each his own.

It can be abused, though. I have a cousin getting married in July and she just spent four days in the hospital because she had been popping Ibuprofen like candy. There's a good chance her kidneys will never work right again.

I don't think taking over the counter medicine like advil/tylenol for pain is recreational drug use, but to each his own.

It can be used recreational, for 3-methylmorphine (or more commonly known as Codeine). If you've got a real medical issue and you keep to the doctor's shedule it's all good, just don't go overboard and take double doses.

Plenty of people become addicted to over the counter or prescribed drugs. My 50 year old uncle never had a drink or drug in his life but after his heart surgery became addicted to pain killers that were prescribed to him and had to be weened off them. Didn't take more then prescribed just realised he liked the high they gave him and didn't want to go back to living with pain everyday.

I know alot of soldiers who've come back from Iraq/Afganistan and are also addicted to various painkillers or medicines they were presribed for PTSD. Alot.

Not straight edge, I only drink every now and again though. Never really feel the need to drunk or get so hammered you can't remember what you did the night before.

I do however

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cigs are ____ing gross.

Not straight edge, I only drink every now and again though. Never really feel the need to drunk or get so hammered you can't remember what you did the night before.

I do however

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cigs are ____ing gross.

Given the remarkable similarities to Christian Science, consuming a controlled substance would definitely remove you from a contender for this definition of "straight-edge."

It can be abused, though. I have a cousin getting married in July and she just spent four days in the hospital because she had been popping Ibuprofen like candy. There's a good chance her kidneys will never work right again.

It can be used recreational, for 3-methylmorphine (or more commonly known as Codeine). If you've got a real medical issue and you keep to the doctor's shedule it's all good, just don't go overboard and take double doses.

Yeah, it can be abused, but someone who is using it for what it's intended and follows the directions on the bottle isn't using it as a recreational drug from my point of view.

I can use myself as an example. I recently had some deep cavities filled and was told by my dentist to take ibuprofen to keep the inflammation down as this would allow the soft tissue in my teeth to heal to avoid a potential root canal and relieve the pain that the dental work would cause. I was taking the medicine as directed and following the directions and after about a week, the pain was gone and no more ibuprofen was needed or taken.

Plenty of people become addicted to over the counter or prescribed drugs. My 50 year old uncle never had a drink or drug in his life but after his heart surgery became addicted to pain killers that were prescribed to him and had to be weened off them. Didn't take more then prescribed just realised he liked the high they gave him and didn't want to go back to living with pain everyday.

I know alot of soldiers who've come back from Iraq/Afganistan and are also addicted to various painkillers or medicines they were presribed for PTSD. Alot.
Well, I think addiction is a different issue than whether or not a drug is being used for the purposes of medical treatment or pleasure. Your body starts to crave it, and will not function well without it, which is a different kind of thing in my mind. I had a form of addiction to migraine meds I was taking awhile back, where I would get more headaches just because the body wanted that drug. I got no pleasure from it beyond reducing the pain of the headache. And I wouldn't consider that recreational use.

Yea I also never get to the point where I can't function when I'm drinking, I never understood drinking yourself to sleep, to me that's a waste of perfectly good scotch and money. Same goes with the guy that always gets drunk and then locked into a political conversation with a stranger. You find them in the same exact place having the same conversation 3 hours later.

I prefer smoking, no hangover, hate cigs though. Just seems like pointless stress on the lungs for nothing in return.

Given the remarkable similarities to Christian Science, consuming a controlled substance would definitely remove you from a contender for this definition of "straight-edge."

:lol I know.

My dad is an alcoholic. And a substance abuser. (he's in a fed pen right now serving time for intent to sell meth.) I think when I look at him, I just remember not to be such a ____ up when it comes to decision making.

But yeah, more power to you if your straight edge. If your still in high school, be prepared for some serious peer pressure in college. Ironically, mostly from women.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, it can be abused, but someone who is using it for what it's intended and follows the directions on the bottle isn't using it as a recreational drug from my point of view.

It would be difficult to find a recreational side to ibuprofen, acetomeniphen, naproxen, etc. Any of them in the proper dosage, however, can kill you.

Straight edge isn't so much about what goes into you as it is about keeping your mind clear. Atleast, that's how I understand it. I know there are some that do it for more neurotic reasons, but I'd look to an alcoholic for answers before I asked some half-crazed, dogmatic ascetic.

A bowl every blue moon is nice. Like mine b4 bed with my headphones in :peace

Yeah, like once a month or so. It just has to be "one of those nights."

:exactly:
ANIMATIONRASTASMOKING.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back