Any Straight Edgers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first drink when I was 14. It was a shot of vodka I took with one of my best friends while his parents were away. We got their alcohol off the fridge and tried it. I didn't drink again until I was 17, but I've had drinks regularly ever since.

Unfortunately, I get "holiday heart" very easily. This is when your heart gets out of rhythm and may race, become irregular, etc. due to alcohol consumption. It gives me dizziness, a general chest discomfort and raises my anxiety. The older I get, the worse it gets, so nowadays I generally limit my drinking to special occasions. I find it very uncomfortable being around drunk people when I'm sober, though, so I tend to avoid alcohol unless I will be partaking.

So when is the name of the thread getting changed to Christian Scientists? :huh

Honestly, "straight edge" is subjective. If you've ever had cold syrup or mouthwash, you've had alcohol. And if you take medication for ailments (including aspirin for pain), well, how straight-edge is that?

Christian? I'm not religious. :wave

I don't take prescription medicine or any alcoholic mouthwash etc. Only alcohol I use is for disinfecting my hands for cooking.

So I'm taking it that Straight Edge is the same as straight laced?

I swear I've never heard of Straight Edgers.

I drink a few times a year. I don't smoke. Don't do drugs but I don't have a problem with pot at all. And as for sex.....I'm beginning to forget what that even is! :lol :(

I always heard from people that sex was there too, it was 3 things, drugs alcohol and sex, well, thats what I thought,

Im pretty much a straight edge, I hate strong alcohol, i can only drink sweet stuff, or "girly drinks" i dont smoke, ever, and i only drink like, twice a year probably, when big events like Xmas come around, and is usually one cup, well, last year i didnt drink, i dont touch the stuff

I drink a few times a year. I don't smoke. Don't do drugs but I don't have a problem with pot at all. And as for sex.....I'm beginning to forget what that even is! :lol :(

remember, if is more than 5 years you become a "born again virgin" :dunno

Straight laced is about strict timed people, if I'm not mistaken.

Straight Edge came from Punk music in the '80s, the punk culture was heavily alcoholic and drugged up with the "living the moment" attitude and so it gained a branch for people who did without the alcohol, drugs and tabacco and were Straight Edge.

The one thing I hate about being Straight Edge, or more precisely the people around a Straight Edger, are the reactions. You'd go to a party and they offer you a smoke or some beer and you kindly refuse and they respond with laughter and name-calling. But I couldn't care less what they think so I laugh along and drink some water instead.

I believe in taking medicine to prevent pain or disease/death, but I don't partake in recreational drugs of any kind.

Does eggnog count? :monkey1

moosemugsmovie2.jpg

Honestly, "straight edge" is subjective. If you've ever had cold syrup or mouthwash, you've had alcohol. And if you take medication for ailments (including aspirin for pain), well, how straight-edge is that?

:exactly::lol

I believe in taking medicine to prevent pain or disease/death, but I don't partake in recreational drugs of any kind.

The only medicine I take are antibiotics if really needed. Only once in my life so far. I do agree that when you're really sick or dying you can break your own "rules" because staying healthy and alive is more important than a lifestyle.

My guess is that most adherents would be referring to using that stuff for recreational purposes. But the vegetarian analogy probably holds, where some are more extreme than others. I really don't know much about it apart from the Minor Threat songs I used to listen to, though.

I wanted to add, there's plenty of alcohol-free mouthwash. Listerine-Zero, for example.

My guess is that most adherents would be referring to using that stuff for recreational purposes. But the vegetarian analogy probably holds, where some are more extreme than others. I really don't know much about it apart from the Minor Threat songs I used to listen to, though.

I would think "recreational" would include taking medicine that hasn't been prescribed, up to and including, again, aspirin for a headache. Or hell, even vitamins, since they're essentially man-made supplements and not natural.

But if it's regarding "deviant" behavior, then absolutely, if you lost your virginity to someone other than your wife (after your marriage), if you've had sex with more than one woman, or with a woman that was not a high school sweetheart that you married before having intercourse with, you shouldn't be "straight-edge." Premarital sex or sexual promiscuity would strip you of eligibility for being "straight-edge." It's such a ridiculous concept. :lol

I won't get into a debate over what is moral or not, and who should be making such claims (which is where I think you are going :lol ), but there is a pretty clear distinction between using medicine for medical and recreational use. Being over the counter vs. prescribed is irrelevant.

I would think "recreational" would include taking medicine unprescribed. But if it's regarding "deviant" behavior, then absolutely, if you lost your virginity to someone other than your wife (after your marriage), if you've had sex with more than one woman, or with a woman that was not a high school sweetheart that you married before having intercourse with, you shouldn't be "straight-edge." It's such a ridiculous concept. :lol

Ah, I see you don't know the meaning of prominscuity. It means "having sex for teh lolz" with another chick on a weekly basis. Having sex with girlfriends or high school sweethearts or sex with more than one in general isn't casual sex. Sluts and manwhores are who have casual sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back