Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a nice 10oz filet mignon last night jasmine rice, corn on da cob, a nice tossed salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and some french bread washed down with an ice cold Pepsi. :)

Sounds awesome.

There are places in Maine where you can go sit in a tree with a drum full of restaurant grease at the bottom, wait for a bear, shoot it, then have it stuffed and mounted in your New York office. $30,000 or something. Repulsive (not for the kill, but for the dishonesty).

I don't think this chick is doing the same thing. She shot that lion with a bow. I wouldn't have the guts to hunt even moose with a bow. Too dangerous.

I also wouldn't have the will. I don't like killing things, except for nuisance insects.

There are places in Maine where you can go sit in a tree with a drum full of restaurant grease at the bottom, wait for a bear, shoot it, then have it stuffed and mounted in your New York office. $30,000 or something. Repulsive (not for the kill, but for the dishonesty).

I don't think this chick is doing the same thing. She shot that lion with a bow. I wouldn't have the guts to hunt even moose with a bow. Too dangerous.

I also wouldn't have the will. I don't like killing things, except for nuisance insects.

With a bow? Far out. I'm not dissing her cred, or her motives. She's obviously proud of her skill as a hunter, and I guess after an adrenalin hit like that I don't blame her for wanting to capture the image. But the triumphalism of posing with a carcass, I get it... but I don't get it.

Except maybe when its Babes & Boars magazine... there's something curiously compelling about a pic of a hot chick - or as is often the case, a hideous bush-beast of a chick -with a dead pig.

If I fought that lion and won because my life depended on it, I'd be standing on that ***** like a conquering general. No joke. Anyone tried to get a snapshot would be stood on next. I sure as hell wouldn't be taking my own picture.

Obviously, her life did not depend on defeating the lion. She was still engaged with nature at a level that most people never experience. I respect that.

I take issue with the trophy aspect. My personal take is that the death of any creature is an occasion for the dignified treatment of its corpse. Posing for happy snaps... regardless of the destination of the meat... just isn't my scene.
That's what I'm saying. Standing on the lion like she dominated it and she's proud. Awful. Can you imagine being out there, killing one of those creatures and then making the biggest smile and posing for photos?

And the way she hunts them, crossbows and spears apparently? Is that necessary? Why can't they simply tranquilize the lion and then put it to sleep humanely? Because shooting arrows and throwing spears at them is more fun, and is the main reason she's out there.

I had a nice 10oz filet mignon last night jasmine rice, corn on da cob, a nice tossed salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and some french bread washed down with an ice cold Pepsi. :)

I've never had a filet. I had a 16 ounce NY strip Tuesday night. Med rare. Ate the whole thing plus a salad and steak fries soaked in steak juice. :)

Wouldn't want to have fun...in fact, it's an abomination that people enjoy eating meat, for no other reason than that it's delicious.

Oh, tha humanitay...(faints)

I've never had a filet. I had a 16 ounce NY strip Tuesday night. Med rare. Ate the whole thing plus a salad and steak fries soaked in steak juice. :)

You get both with a Porterhouse steak.
food-mortonsporterhouse-facebook-catherineMerritt_606.jpg

Never understood the appeal of steak. Doesn't look good, doesn't taste particularly good either. From what I understand I'm a bit of a weirdo on this. Yet I would rather eat chicken any day of the week.

You just need to have your steak prepared well. Rare or Medium rare with lots of seasoning :drool.

Never understood the appeal of steak. Doesn't look good, doesn't taste particularly good either. From what I understand I'm a bit of a weirdo on this. Yet I would rather eat chicken any day of the week.
I agree for the most part. I don't think steak is bad or anything, I just don't understand the overwhelming appeal it has to most people.

Chicken though, yeah. I love chicken.

chicken > steak

Burger, sausage, chicken, occasional fish. Really not a fan of steak. Usually hate it in fact. I'll generally only eat it out of politeness if I'm not the cook*.

*which is always.

now that I think about it, I don't really eat that much steak as I thought. I like it, but not as much as chicken or fish...

We have steak probably once or twice a week. Steak and pork chops are my two favorite meals. Had thick-cut chops on Monday. Wife grilled Filet Mignon last night. Medium rare. Bled all over the plate. I ate two and a half of 'em. 16 oz or so. Really good. She uses Alton Brown's steak grilling technique (https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/ALTON-BROWNS-PAN-SEARED-STEAK-50174511). Simple. Quick. Perfect everytime.

Porterhouse is my cut of choice. But, I'm not picky. Filets. T-bones. Strips. Ribeyes. Whatever you've got, I'll give it a go.

Barring a strange dislike of beef, if you like chicken better, you might be cooking the steak wrong. Or buying a bad cut. Chicken can never beat cow. Maybe if its fried chicken ... that stuff's delicious. Grilled, head-to-head, no contest. There's a reason chicken is always cheaper.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
After I found out that pigs were intelligent and had the problem solving skills of a 3 year old, I gave up eating pork. Just couldn't do it. No pepperoni, no pork chops, no ham, no pulled pork (I ****ing loved pulled pork sandwiches), nada.

I eat a lot of chicken and fish, and beef maybe once or twice a week.

The original Charlotte's Web is probably responsible for my inability to kill spiders, but it did nothing to curb my appetite for bacon.

Back