Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me either. Wild animals should be allowed to be wild and do their own thing. Makes me sick people hunt bear here in Canada. Seeing them upclose, they are beautiful animals and my opinion is people should have some respect and let them be. Of course, people being people (i.e., a-holes), that's not possible.

Not a Kendall Jones fan, I take it.

kendall-jones-hunting-2.jpg

Bowhunting lions. Spearhunting elephants.

02-badass.gif

SnakeDoc

It's sickening to see her smiling like it's something to be proud of. Must be nice to have no conscience or morality.

Kneejerk bleeding-heart nonsense from people who don't know what they're talking about.

Big game hunting is conservationist. And, legal. Teddy Roosevelt -- the conservationist President -- was a big game hunter.

Not only do hunts help control animal populations, and thus spur population growth -- controlling the population of grown male lions, for instance, helps ensure the survival of cubs (male lions kill cubs so they can impregnate nursing lionesses). But, it benefits the natives. Hunts cost a lot -- which funds the local government, and encourages local conservation. Attaching high price tags to hunting big game gives locals -- who'd poach these animals out of existence -- a financial incentive for their continued existence. Controlled, measured animal control is a good thing for animal populations.

Also, the rhino above was tranquilized to treat an injury, microchip, and take DNA ... not killed. And, the elephant was used to feed over a hundred families in a local village.

I'd love to go big game hunting sometime.

SnakeDoc

I'm sure that girl smiling and taking photos with all of their corpses didn't enjoy killing them, and was simply trying to save lives. Yup.

Also I'm sure there are more humane was of controlling animal populations other than shooting them with crossbows and throwing spears at them.

Like I said ... so what? Man has hunted for millennia. Why shouldn't he enjoy it?

Seems to me it'd be more enjoyable, not less so, when it does good beyond just having a good time and a good challenge. When it feeds. When it protects. When it cultivates. When it preserves. What's there not to enjoy?

SnakeDoc

Can't really identify with that I have to say.

I'm not a hunter. I'd like to learn sometime. I can identify with the challenge. With doing something unequivocal. With mastering the skill. With the primal nature of it. With the self-sufficiency of killing something and dragging it home.

Like I said, I don't hunt. But, I fish. Animals die. I certainly don't need to do it for survival. Probably not much fun for the fish. But, I enjoy it ... its challenging and relaxing. I don't see the difference.

SnakeDoc

Heh. I suppose not. You've never even fished? Do you eat meat?

I squashed a slug once. Won't make that mistake twice. What a mess. We had a few get into the house last year. I catch-and-release 'em now ... there's just no good way to kill a slug without making a mess.

And, there's a dead sparrow caught in the grill of my truck as we speak. Been there a week or two. No idea where I picked it up. Guess it didn't get out of the way fast enough. Tried to get it out with water pressure, but its stuck in there pretty good. Honestly, I can't figure a dignified way to pry it loose.

SnakeDoc

Heh. I suppose not. You've never even fished? Do you eat meat?

I squashed a slug once. Won't make that mistake twice. What a mess. We had a few get into the house last year. I catch-and-release 'em now ... there's just no good way to kill a slug without making a mess.

And, there's a dead sparrow caught in the grill of my truck as we speak. Been there a week or two. No idea where I picked it up. Guess it didn't get out of the way fast enough. Tried to get it out with water pressure, but its stuck in there pretty good. Honestly, I can't figure a dignified way to pry it loose.

SnakeDoc

Skip to 1:10

Like I said ... so what? Man has hunted for millennia. Why shouldn't he enjoy it?

Seems to me it'd be more enjoyable, not less so, when it does good beyond just having a good time and a good challenge. When it feeds. When it protects. When it cultivates. When it preserves. What's there not to enjoy?

SnakeDoc
Man may have hunted, but he evolved as a prey animal. Contrary to popular belief. Birds, snakes, leopards, lions, hyenas, bears, wolves - we didn't hunt them, they hunted us. And they were pretty damn good at it. When we did start hunting, it wasn't because we evolved to become predators (notice we don't have sharp teeth, claws, or the running speed to match these predators). It's because our brains had developed enough to the point where we understood that we could kill and eat other animals. We're not predators, we're prey who have the intelligence to improvise - which is where livestock comes from...which is why we don't need to be killing lions/leopards/elephants/rhinos (most of which are endangered and I know for a fact the rhinos aren't overpopulated).

So there's not some pre-built desire or instinct to hunt. Unless you're a sociopath maybe.

Notice she's not smiling next to the village she fed by killing this elephant, if that's even true, but she's smiling next to her "trophies". I sincerely doubt she started hunting to help control certain animal populations or to feed various African villages. That's just her excuse. She started hunting because she likes killing animals. And that's sickening. No one who actually cared about these animals would be taking photos of themselves standing on top of them with a huge smile on their face like they just won a battle and the dead animal is their trophy.

You should not enjoy the act of killing another creature. If the end result is more beneficial than harmful, that's something you should enjoy. But this girl clearly enjoys taking their lives, as do most "hunters".

I feel bad when I accidentally step on a snail.

So I don't think we're gonna come to an agreement on this.
Same. Anytime I see an animal in the road, I stop to move it out of the way. I used to kill black widows and fiddlebacks (venomous spiders, not sure if they're as common where you live) on site, but now I scoop them up and take them outside. And when I did used to kill them, it was never out of some sick desire, it was out of fear. But as I've grown up I've realized that I have the capability to move them out of my home without harming them or myself, which is the responsible thing to do.

I'm not a hunter. I'd like to learn sometime. I can identify with the challenge. With doing something unequivocal. With mastering the skill. With the primal nature of it. With the self-sufficiency of killing something and dragging it home.

Like I said, I don't hunt. But, I fish. Animals die. I certainly don't need to do it for survival. Probably not much fun for the fish. But, I enjoy it ... its challenging and relaxing. I don't see the difference.

SnakeDoc

I'm sure she didn't eat that leopard. Hunting for anything other than food is wasteful and stupid. If you're not going to eat it, why kill it? Especially the way she does it. She doesn't have to hunt for it, she just gets the "joy" of killing it after they set it up for her so she can post it on Facebook and read all the *****ing people do at her on it. She enjoys that.

Once we cease to be prey, and begin to successfully hunt, we're no longer prey. No more so than any other alpha predator when they end up food, at least. Is a shark still predator once it's in a bowl of ramen?

Kendall Jones rocks, and the venom expressed towards her is 50% ignorance, 50% hate. She is part of hunts that are either necessary to control the animal populations for their own sakes, or as protection for human populations. She also donates the meat to local villages. Was that already posted by Snake Doc? I didn't read much past the first, "SHE'S A MONSTER!!!! :panic:" comment.

So, there are the people who aren't aware of the full picture of what she's doing. Then there are the people who don't care about the full picture, and will hate her for being a young, beautiful girl who hunts big game. The former are kind of sad for letting their emotions drive their opinions without actually knowing. The latter just plain suck. Nothing more than vicious, hysterical envy.

(Might even be a vice lower than envy, but I don't know what that would be called.)

*starts 'Things I find F#$%ing Awkward' thread. First post - when people who normally agree on everything, find an issue they seem to be diametrically opposed on*

:lol

Back