Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from a vacation with family, mostly from rural Alabama, who do nothing but hunt in their free time. My question is--why aren't they all as well known as this cheerleader? I'm pretty sure they hunt more than her, and have done it longer. They prepare and cook the meat themselves, and even do some taxidermy. Doesn't that make them more deserving of attention? I want people on internet forums to use them as examples of their pro-hunting agendas. I'm gonna write an angry letter to someone about this.

Once we cease to be prey, and begin to successfully hunt, we're no longer prey. No more so than any other alpha predator when they end up food, at least. Is a shark still predator once it's in a bowl of ramen?

Kendall Jones rocks, and the venom expressed towards her is 50% ignorance, 50% hate. She is part of hunts that are either necessary to control the animal populations for their own sakes, or as protection for human populations. She also donates the meat to local villages. Was that already posted by Snake Doc? I didn't read much past the first, "SHE'S A MONSTER!!!! :panic:" comment.

So, there are the people who aren't aware of the full picture of what she's doing. Then there are the people who don't care about the full picture, and will hate her for being a young, beautiful girl who hunts big game. The former are kind of sad for letting their emotions drive their opinions without actually knowing. The latter just plain suck. Nothing more than vicious, hysterical envy.

(Might even be a vice lower than envy, but I don't know what that would be called.)

Guess we'll just have to have a difference of opinion about her and I'll just let it go.

I just got back from a vacation with family, mostly from rural Alabama, who do nothing but hunt in their free time. My question is--why aren't they all as well known as this cheerleader? I'm pretty sure they hunt more than her, and have done it longer. They prepare and cook the meat themselves, and even do some taxidermy. Doesn't that make them more deserving of attention? I want people on internet forums to use them as examples of their pro-hunting agendas. I'm gonna write an angry letter to someone about this.

Do they look hot in their safari outfits?

Once we cease to be prey, and begin to successfully hunt, we're no longer prey. No more so than any other alpha predator when they end up food, at least. Is a shark still predator once it's in a bowl of ramen?
Having the capability to kill predators doesn't make us predators ourselves. Lions prey on zebras, but there have been cases where the zebra has been able to successfully defend itself and kill the lion. That doesn't make the zebra a predator.

We don't naturally prey on other animals. The only reason we began hunting is because we became intelligent enough to realize that it might be a more efficient way of obtaining food, of surviving. It's just another example of our ability to improvise. Preying on other animals isn't some instinctual mutation/evolution.

Until our young are born with the natural instinct to hunt, kill and eat other animals in that order, we aren't predators. We're naturally foragers. Hunting in humans is an adaptation. An improvisation. Like chimpanzees using twigs to scoop up termites. They're not naturally born with the instinct to do that, but their intelligence has allowed them to improvise and seek out this specific option of obtaining food.

Kendall Jones rocks, and the venom expressed towards her is 50% ignorance, 50% hate. She is part of hunts that are either necessary to control the animal populations for their own sakes, or as protection for human populations. She also donates the meat to local villages. Was that already posted by Snake Doc? I didn't read much past the first, "SHE'S A MONSTER!!!! :panic:" comment.

So, there are the people who aren't aware of the full picture of what she's doing. Then there are the people who don't care about the full picture, and will hate her for being a young, beautiful girl who hunts big game. The former are kind of sad for letting their emotions drive their opinions without actually knowing. The latter just plain suck. Nothing more than vicious, hysterical envy.

(Might even be a vice lower than envy, but I don't know what that would be called.)
Yeah, you caught me. I'm jealous of her beauty and youth. I guess a-dev is too.

She's posing with animals she's killed like they're trophies. She has one foot on that dead lion with a huge smile on her face like she's Tarzan.

You take away whatever supposed benefits her killing of all these animals has on the world, and she'd still be out there hunting. No way in hell could someone who cares about living creatures so inhumanely discard their lives.

my problem was never with Kendall Jones but with the people arranging these hunting tours. (not that I agree with her either)

I didn't know she donated the mean or any of that but i will never understand why people will hate that one individual and not all the people behind that are making all the money from this.

I never saw anyone even questioning who helped her out over there. never saw in once

you don't even have to go to africa to hunt zebras, lions or giraffes, You can even do it right here, in the good ol' USA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSQ8blCdAtA

yet when have you ever heard any people freaking out to the hunting or owning of exotic animals in the US?

Do they have a Facebook account?

Screw it, post deleted. Suffice it to say that I stand with Lar'ja and Ween on this one. Don't really wanna talk about this anymore so deleted the parts of my post that would have invited response which I inevitably would be annoyed by :lol

Last edited:
*starts 'Things I find F#$%ing Awkward' thread. First post - when people who normally agree on everything, find an issue they seem to be diametrically opposed on*

:lol

Oops. That is awkward. :monkey3

Do they look hot in their safari outfits?

Probably not.

Having the capability to kill predators doesn't make us predators ourselves. Lions prey on zebras, but there have been cases where the zebra has been able to successfully defend itself and kill the lion. That doesn't make the zebra a predator.

Hunting is not self-defense, so your zebra analogy is not relevant.

We don't naturally prey on other animals. The only reason we began hunting is because we became intelligent enough to realize that it might be a more efficient way of obtaining food, of surviving. It's just another example of our ability to improvise. Preying on other animals isn't some instinctual mutation/evolution.

We naturally have the intellect to change our situation. How that makes hunting unnatural for us begs a lot of questions, first of which is: why forage when you can hunt?

Until our young are born with the natural instinct to hunt, kill and eat other animals in that order, we aren't predators. We're naturally foragers. Hunting in humans is an adaptation. An improvisation. Like chimpanzees using twigs to scoop up termites. They're not naturally born with the instinct to do that, but their intelligence has allowed them to improvise and seek out this specific option of obtaining food.

We aren't born with instincts. We're volitional animals and bear the responsibility of figuring out survival without the luxury of automatic, inherited knowledge. Saying we have no instinct for something is pretty much meaningless in the context of determining how we are supposed to behave.

Yeah, you caught me. I'm jealous of her beauty and youth. I guess a-dev is too.

I didn't say jealous. I said envious. Envy isn't wishing you had what someone else has; it's the desire to see them not have what they have, for whatever reason. And I provided two options, so I'm going to assume you have full knowledge of her actions and still choose to condemn her for it, putting you in the latter category.

She's posing with animals she's killed like they're trophies. She has one foot on that dead lion with a huge smile on her face like she's Tarzan.

She accomplished something that takes no small amount of skill. Why shouldn't she be proud?

You take away whatever supposed benefits her killing of all these animals has on the world, and she'd still be out there hunting. No way in hell could someone who cares about living creatures so inhumanely discard their lives.

You make a lot of assumptions that have no basis other than your own prejudice.

The benefits she provided were entirely real. Imagining them away is just that. It does not change the reality of her actions.

I take issue with the trophy aspect. My personal take is that the death of any creature is an occasion for the dignified treatment of its corpse. Posing for happy snaps... regardless of the destination of the meat... just isn't my scene.

no, that's just a flat out lie sir, :slap I like how devil said that and now you're saying it but that's not true at all, not at all....
you guys are just hating. i'm chilled lol :chillpill:

Last edited:
Haha I read the title wrong I thought it said "Any board members Man Eaters here" lmao

Too many words in this thread. I love meat. Meat is life. It tastes good, and makes the body feel good.

Back