Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The shark I ate was bread and deeped fried. It was from a sidewalk vendor at Redondo Beach over 30 years ago. And I still remember how good it was.
Deep fried makes everything instantly ten times better :lecture

The shark I had was just boiled soup, it was the oiliest saltiest rubberiest most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. And the chunks where damn near the size of a roll of quarters.....BLAH :yuck

Oh yeah, I had shark soup once. Should have been called rubber in oil and salt soup though, it was horrendous :yuck

I assume though, anything can be made to taste great or taste terrible. I had a friend in school who grew up most of his life eating horse, much preferred it to beef. And around here mutton is extremely popular, I have had it prepared a handful of ways and think its awful :dunno

Preparation and personal taste are probably 50/50.

As far as eating domesticated animals like dogs and cats, I wouldn't be opposed to it if I heard they were great eating. Places that eat dogs and cats eat them because they are readily available and out of necessity not because they taste great. That's not to say they can't be prepared to taste good, but I'm not gonna run out and try and find the nearest pet restaurant. :lol

Yeah ... I'm not viscerally opposed to eating horse, or dog, or cat, or rat or something. Animals are animals. I don't imagine rodents would taste all that good, though. Same with small cats. Don't know about dog. I remember hearing that Barack Obama had talked about eating dog meat in his autobiography ... which he called "tough". Horse is supposedly just fine.

As for bugs, I don't think I would. Not because its objectionable. Just gives me the willies.

SnakeDoc

Yeah ... I'm not viscerally opposed to eating horse, or dog, or cat, or rat or something. Animals are animals. I don't imagine rodents would taste all that good, though. Same with small cats. Don't know about dog. I remember hearing that Barack Obama had talked about eating dog meat in his autobiography ... which he called "tough". Horse is supposedly just fine.

As for bugs, I don't think I would. Not because its objectionable. Just gives me the willies.

SnakeDoc

I've eaten rabbit and it's part of the rodent family.

Me too. Lamb is so underrated/under-utilised in the U.S. I eat it more than beef, but it is expensive. I use it for Shepherd's Pie, souvlaki, stew, "steak" and kidney pie, chops on the grill, and for holidays, leg of lamb!

My wife makes an amazing lamb stew and Shepherd's Pie. She prefers lamb over steak and orders it 90% of the time it's available when we go out to eat. I'll eat lamb when she cooks it but I have a difficult time turning down steak.

I heard that rabbit was so high in protein that you can actually poison yourself. Don't know if that's just redneck folklore, or what.

Sounds delicious.

Apparently so.

Rabbit starvation, also referred to as protein poisoning or mal de caribou, is a form of acute malnutrition caused by excess consumption of any lean meat (e.g., rabbit) coupled with a lack of other sources of nutrients usually in combination with other stressors, such as severe cold or dry environment. Symptoms include diarrhea, headache, fatigue, low blood pressure and heart rate, and a vague discomfort and hunger (very similar to a food craving) that can only be satisfied by consumption of fat or carbohydrates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Sounds more like a lack of fat and carbs than excessive protein in rabbit. Too lean, not too protein-heavy. But, nonetheless true. Man cannot survive on rabbit alone.

SnakeDoc

I heard that rabbit was so high in protein that you can actually poison yourself. Don't know if that's just redneck folklore, or what.

Sounds delicious.

Apparently so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

Sounds more like a lack of fat and carbs than excessive protein in rabbit. Too lean, not too protein-heavy. But, nonetheless true. Man cannot survive on rabbit alone.

SnakeDoc

Rabbit is one of those meats I only eat once in a great moon. A lot harder to find now a days. Use to be able to find it at the grocery store. Now have to go to those specialty shops.

I enjoy the organs. More health benifits. So much nutritional value. In my opinion ALL parts of the animal should be eaten. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BROTHER. I'll eat from the tongue to the *****.

I could go shoot one in my backyard right now. Not that I would :lol

Wild rabbit is pretty plentiful and there are a lot of people that raise it also. I've had both. Prefer tame but chicken is cheaper and I don't find it any better than chicken really.

I won't eat bear either. Predator animal. To me that's like eating a tiger or a wolf.
Me either. Wild animals should be allowed to be wild and do their own thing. Makes me sick people hunt bear here in Canada. Seeing them upclose, they are beautiful animals and my opinion is people should have some respect and let them be. Of course, people being people (i.e., a-holes), that's not possible.

I'm not a fan of predators being hunted for sport, either; not unless it's done in a manner where it's actually a sport and the hunter has as much of a chance of being killed as the animal. Threats to human populations are a different story.

Back