Antonio banderas to play khan in next star trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is to say the least odd news. This means they will have never met yet though right? Khan and Kirk? My understanding is due to the new film, nothing in the OS happens. So this will be a new origin between the two of them? And doesn't anyone else find it wierd that in an alternate timeline, they will happen uponeach other again, and again, fight? It's just kind of wierd, I'd honestly rather have a new villain.

Plus the circumstances of WOK and Space Seed is what really drives the love of the character Khan.

Technically, in a theory of parallel universes and parallel timelines, the same thing happens concurrently, every infinite possibility occurs, and by taking the Star Trek universe as it revolves around the story of the Starship Enterprise and Captain Kirk as the focal point, he will eventually always encounter Khan in every possibility, as a friend, as a foe, etc.

Star Trek is known to have used this idea over and over.
The Mirror Universe is also a good source of these stories.

AICN has an interview posted with Kurtzman and Orci (the writers) and they hint heavily that they'd want to do Kahn.

Just saw Wrath of... again this weekend, it's really bothering me that the eugenics wars take place in the 1990s, perhaps they could fix that or make it fit into our current time line better. I wouldn't mind seeing a revamp of the Kahn/Kirk meeting and retro in his wife, meeting Chekov, why Kirk never went back to Ceti Alpha 5, etc.

Lets be honest, Banderas is tailor made for playing a younger Khan. As a fan of Star Trek 2 i'd love to see the next one focus on that story...
It will also definitely need to introduce Carol Marcus sooner rather than later. If these two do end up in the same film i hope they dont do a ST2 Checkov/Khan style error with Marcus and Khan as she makes it clear to Kirk she doesnt know who he is...

comingsoon.net suggested they get javier bardem to do a khan. and the interviewees (damien lindelof, etc) kinda agreed he'd be great.

imagine the guy who was such a chilling yet magnetic presence in no country for old men playing an iconic trek villain. that'd be awesome.

HOWEVER, even if they do get an actor of bardem's calibre, i still feel it should be a new villain, and not a revisit of khan. there's NO need to "revisit" him.

Actually it might be interesting to have them at least follow the Khan path because it was according to fans the best thing from TOS. I'd be interested to see what spin JJ would put on it since I've never seen the original but have been bored to tears hearing about how pivotal it was.

No Khan at all!, i want to see Kirk vs Klingons or Kirk vs The Borg.

kirk-yelling-at-kahn.jpg

KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirk vs the Borg?! Only if its Bjorn Borg your talking about pal. Thats Next Gen ^^^^ which would really ^^^^ up the Trek timeline
Space Seed was a very good episode...i suppose some folk are right. There isnt any real reason to revisit it, however it has a great premise ripe for a re imagining, which, in turn, could complement Wrath of Khan nicely

No Khan at all!, i want to see Kirk vs Klingons or Kirk vs The Borg.

I always wished they turned Shatner's novel "The Return" into a movie. It was a fantastic, albeit self-indulgent, story that had Kirk's body stolen from Veridian III and resurrected by the Borg. It was co-written by the always great Garfield and Judith Reeves-Stevens. If you can handle Trek-lit, then I recommend it.

Bring on Banderas! Whoo hoo!

This will be sooooo great! The more I think about this the more I hope it happens.

Why shold they do a remake/reimagining of Khan? They should stick to new adventures. This movie was fun to see what differences and similarities there where to the original crew, but they should really make it there own. It was an original story, not a remake of some old story. If they make a villian that becomes as classic as Khan, I'm all for it though. The same for using characters from the original, as Pike in this one. Yeoman Rand perhaps? They can't do Khan without doing the Khan story and they already did, so what's the point? If they don't do the Khan story there's no reason for it to be Khan and it has no point either. :rolleyes:

Why shold they do a remake/reimagining of Khan? They should stick to new adventures. This movie was fun to see what differences and similarities there where to the original crew, but they should really make it there own. It was an original story, not a remake of some old story. If they make a villian that becomes as classic as Khan, I'm all for it though. The same for using characters from the original, as Pike in this one. Yeoman Rand perhaps? They can't do Khan without doing the Khan story and they already did, so what's the point? If they don't do the Khan story there's no reason for it to be Khan and it has no point either. :rolleyes:

What if instead of the Enterprise finding the Botany Bay, some Klingons find it - wake up Khan and company and then hijinks ensue. Then Khan and Kirk meet again for the first time in conflict - maybe allies at first and then enemies and instead of marooning them, he has to kill Khan right then.

Talk about getting fanboy panties in a bunch - I've just negated the 2nd best Trek movie ever.

They should leave Khan alone....Doesn't need to be redone, and I think the current filmakers are clever enough to come up with something less predictable.

There are plenty of untouched original series episodes that could be fodder for a new movie as a starting point.

They should leave Khan alone....Doesn't need to be redone, and I think the current filmakers are clever enough to come up with something less predictable.

There are plenty of untouched original series episodes that could be fodder for a new movie as a starting point.

After watching what I did. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I say bring it! :rock

I always wished they turned Shatner's novel "The Return" into a movie. It was a fantastic, albeit self-indulgent, story that had Kirk's body stolen from Veridian III and resurrected by the Borg. It was co-written by the always great Garfield and Judith Reeves-Stevens. If you can handle Trek-lit, then I recommend it.

I enjoyed that book quit a bit as well.

Well, I read that the producers wanted Javier Bardem. A MUCH better choice, in my opinion, if they want to pursue that storyline.

AMEN! I'd love to see him as a trek baddie in a future film, not bandaros (sp)

Back