Black Adams....the movie.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/shaz...-dwayne-johnson-to-star-as-black-adam-a148310

SHAZAM Becomes Two Movies As Dwayne Johnson's BLACK ADAM Gets His Own Solo Movie

Some huge changes have been made to Shazam by Warner Bros. today as it has been confirmed that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will star in his own solo movie as Black Adam.

Dwayne Johnson had a big meeting at DC Entertainment last week and we now know why. The Hollywood Reporter reveals that New Line is developing a solo outing for Black Adam, a movie which will stand apart from Shazam. In fact, they now sound like two totally separate franchises as he's no longer set to appear in the movie at all. Instead, it's thought the two could meet down the line.

Apparently, after meeting with Johnson, it was decided by studio execs that having the wrestler turned Hollywood A-Lister just play a supporting role in Shazam as that movie's villain would be a waste and that he would be better off with his own feature. As of right now, no one is attached to work on Black Adam, though the trade mentions that*Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo) is penning the Shazam script.

Here's where things get really interesting, though. Borys Kit notes on Twitter that it's possible we'll meet Black Adam for the first time in Aquaman next year. If that's the case, this movie is probably the priority for the studio and it would make sense for the mythology to be built there before we're introduced to Billy Batson and company. What do you guys think?

Wha- wh- WHY?!

Pete-Campbell-Approval-Denied-Mad-Men.gif

DC right now:

raw

Sheesh :lol

WB is the new Sony.

I doubt the DCEU will survive long enough to get a Black Adam movie.

I'm 100% certain Wonder Woman will be horrible. Right now, Justice League is WB's last chance of keeping the DCEU alive. I think Justice League may turn out alright critically, looks like Snyder will just be making a straightforward spectacle which seem to thrive these days amongst critics. If Snyder fails with that movie though, and Wonder Woman is a failure, I can't possibly see how this universe can continue on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They will make flashy commercials and this saga will continue, if it could limp through SS and BvsS, nothings going to stop it. I could see this entire movie verse being handed off to someone like Bay with a pile of cash down the road.

Although I do like them wanting to develop the characters before having them meet, wish they would have done that with Batman, rather than have him jump off with Superman right out of the gate.

The best role for The Rock was Apocalypse but it went to Oscar Isaac. Movie producers have no idea what they are doing.

Back