Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They finally release their first product and it has scratches, dents and wrongly glued pieces? Even though I can't see these faults in the photos posted, that's very disheartening to hear. I had high hopes for this company.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I would just return it straight away. They need to get their QC to a better level if such basic/easy to spot flaws aren't dealt with on piece that's fairly simple, and expensive.

actually the helmet was really cheap >< i hope the more expensive "standard line" stuff is better though

When/if EFX (ever) releases their Legend TK armor it will be a huge pain. The original armor is so bent up, wonky and full of flaws that people will return their replicas not knowing that is how they are supposed to be.

I'm fine with scratches and some imperfections. I don't expect 'pristine' on any Stormtrooper helmet.

I'm fine with scratches and some imperfections. I don't expect 'pristine' on any Stormtrooper helmet.

You and me too.

I don't think this was advertised as "battle-damaged" though.

It depends on how big the problems were. Not sure how the screen used TFA TK lids were, but I doubt they were perfect. Now if the cracks and scratches on the Anovos ones are too deep and profound then replacement is needed. But needs to be clear that these are not the idealized MR/EFX LE helmets

Yeah but it's not just about small defects, apparently there is a part that's glued in the wrong way or something? I can understand the plastic not being flawless, but that's a different story if they aren't assembling them properly.

Yeah but it's not just about small defects, apparently there is a part that's glued in the wrong way or something? I can understand the plastic not being flawless, but that's a different story if they aren't assembling them properly.

If that's the case = replacement or refund no discussion about it

Does anyone know if Anovos will be doing rebel pilot helmets? Looking to collect biggs wedge and luke esb. :)

They have shown factory pictures of X-Wing helmet molds. I haven't heard anything but I can assume so from the pictures.

If I wanted replicas that had production damage I'd just search for the actual props themselves.

I want a clean Stormtrooper helmet replica. No dents, scratches, stains or whatever else the actual production-used helmets have on them.

That's like getting the **** quality of a screen-used prop, without the authenticity of it being a prop.

If I wanted replicas that had production damage I'd just search for the actual props themselves.

I want a clean Stormtrooper helmet replica. No dents, scratches, stains or whatever else the actual production-used helmets have on them.

That's like getting the **** quality of a screen-used prop, without the authenticity of it being a prop.

Then try to go for a screen used Stormtrooper helmet, especially at the prices they go for. Or for any other important genuine screen used prop. Good luck with that. :wink1:

I think you missed the point.

HCG's life-size Alien bust was cast from one of the actual suits (I think), and it has all kinds of awful deteriorated/broken pieces. The only reason people put up with those things in the first place is because it's usually on an official, screen-used prop...but this is just a replica, so what's the point?

So I hope it isn't Anovos' intention to make ******, damaged replicas because "that's what the 30-year-old props look like".

The unique original props have their own great feeling, with all the warts and damages, but they are out of budget for most collectors. That is why some prop companies (EFX) or unlicensed makers are trying to replicate.

That is not the case of Anovos, because Anovos already cleaned their OT helmet A LOT. And everything they make will be idealized and shiny. They intend to keep some original tells but that is it. Anovos is a costuming company, making stuff for regular joe, who is not really interested in the depths of accuracy, but still wants something better than crappy Rubies

As for truly accurate stuff you don't need to go after licensed stuff.

Does anyone know if Anovos will be doing lightsabers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that First Order Stormtrooper helmet posted with the dent and scratches is not the $250 version?

It is, but $250 for a helmet is really cheap :p Not that I would keep it, definitely return for refund or exchange. But yeah this are pretty much bottom prices for a half decent helmet ><

Back