Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this was posted previously, Captain Phasma helmet available for pre-order:

STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Captain Phasma Helmet Premier Line Accessory | ANOVOS Productions LLC

ProductPage01.png

They really screwed up not maintaining Tier 1 pricing on the Kylo Ren helmet until a few days after the release of TFA. Or they simply should have announced it at the same time as the Phasma helmet. A lot of people were probably waiting to see him in the movie first but won't go for the new price now.

Yeah, I'd be all over that Kylo helmet now having seen the film. But not for $700.

funny, after seeing the film I feel the exact opposite about all Phasma merch

Yeah, that Phasma helmet isn't gonna fare too well imo, especially taking into account the price (crazy).
Of course they couldn't know that, I can only assume they saw the film at the same time as everyone else, way after the design/pre-production phase and had no idea how much screen time Phasma would get.

They dropped the ball on the Kylo Ren one, I am sure they could have sold way more of them by maintaining the Tier 1 pricing a little longer. Stupid move.

Yeah the tier 1 pricing on Kylo was a real let down. And however not amazing Phasma was I still think the helmet looks great.

So glad I got Tier 1 pricing on the Kylo helmet, it sucks FO those that missed out but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Can't wait for it.

Going to watch the ep7 now and guessing from what I just read I'm not going to see much of Phasma :/ Pretty looking helmet though, but these premier helmet prices are painful to see. So being super selective will be the only way,.

Last edited:
Yeah the tier 1 pricing on Kylo was a real let down. And however not amazing Phasma was I still think the helmet looks great.

It does look amazing, they definitely know what they are doing. Love it. But yeah, can't just purchase a prop like this based on looks alone. I am sure Phasma already has many fans, but I am not among them for now, need to see more.

How much was the Tier 1 pricing for Kylo Ren's helmet?

Yeah, Cpt Phasma didn't really have a good showing in the movie. I hope this character is more involved in Ep.VIII. The $800 price for this helmet is insane. More than Kylo's. :lol

How much was the Tier 1 pricing for Kylo Ren's helmet?

Yeah, Cpt Phasma didn't really have a good showing in the movie. I hope this character is more involved in Ep.VIII. The $800 price for this helmet is insane. More than Kylo's. :lol

Tier 1 was $150 less than current price.

I sent them an e-mail about it, mentioning how weird it was to end Tier 1 so early before the movie for Kylo, we'll see.

Tier 1 was $150 less than current price.

I sent them an e-mail about it, mentioning how weird it was to end Tier 1 so early before the movie for Kylo, we'll see.

Thank you.
Looking forward to their response to your email.

Any chance they do a full Kylo Ren getup in addition to just the helmet? Would love to put one on a mannequin.

I just got my Anovos First Order Stormtrooper Helmet a few minutes ago and overall it is good. But the nose has deep mold or sanding scratches and a dent that was not repaired before painting. Also, the insert in the front is glued in wrong and turns down into the helmet instead of facing forward. I do like how the head band locks into position once adjusted. Also, are the 7 slots on each side supposed to be open at the bottom or closed, because these are open.

Anovos First Order Stormtrooper Helmet (7).jpg
Anovos First Order Stormtrooper Helmet (18).jpg

I think that looks quite nice, B1ueLeader. Though you're not the first I've heard about some dents, dings or issues with... Will be watching to see how Anovos responds.

Any chance they do a full Kylo Ren getup in addition to just the helmet? Would love to put one on a mannequin.
Agreed!! After watching the film (Thursday and again on Friday :) ), I was a little disappointed that I had decided NOT to jump on the Tier 1 pricing, and as such will be holding off on ordering the helmet by itself. An entire ensemble would be great though. I prefer the look of the helmet with the hood up, myself.

Agreed!! After watching the film (Thursday and again on Friday :) ), I was a little disappointed that I had decided NOT to jump on the Tier 1 pricing, and as such will be holding off on ordering the helmet by itself. An entire ensemble would be great though. I prefer the look of the helmet with the hood up, myself.

I feel the same about the hood! Honestly I have the same problem with Phasma. I'd go for it if it was the full getup instead of just the helmet.

That would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't. I think for the more popular characters they make helmets for, they should also have the complete outfit to complement them. I wish I knew the details of their licensing agreement. They might not be able to do it.

About that, is there any kind of info or rough guess on when and how we are going to get high end weapon replicas from the new trilogy? Is Anovos a good bet or are they going to focus more on the "costume" part?

MR is gone, eFX hasn't announced anything and I actually don't want them to because they take way too long to release a product after its announcement (or never release it period).

Helmets are great but lightsabers are by far my favorite thing in all of Star Wars when it comes to collecting props. I want to be able to buy Kylo Ren's and any meaningful saber that might appear later on in VIII and IX. It's kinda sad that nothing has even been mentioned at this point. It's already been proven that this kind of stuff sells really well among collectors so not sure what they are waiting for, should be a top priority right up there with the main characters' helmets.

They finally release their first product and it has scratches, dents and wrongly glued pieces? Even though I can't see these faults in the photos posted, that's very disheartening to hear. I had high hopes for this company.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Back