ANOVOS at-at helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another run of this is in pre-order phase for $550 and considering it. It seems to get kind of middling reviews and I can clearly see that the eye/goggle shape seems wrong (too sharp a turn and eye lenses themselves too big.)

Does anyone know what other - and hopefully more accurate options are out there? I saw the Moncal one.

None of these seem to be a bullseye compared to the prop pics (and both of the screen-used helmets have now been closely photographed.)

Does anyone know what other - and hopefully more accurate options are out there? I saw the Moncal one.

Mike Herron with theforceforum recently announced that he is partnering with Dan Laws to do a run of AT-AT helmets right now, but be prepared to pay more than twice this price for it. I also cannot vouch for theforceforum's service since I have never bought anything from them...

Another run of this is in pre-order phase for $550 and considering it. It seems to get kind of middling reviews and I can clearly see that the eye/goggle shape seems wrong (too sharp a turn and eye lenses themselves too big.)

None of these seem to be a bullseye compared to the prop pics (and both of the screen-used helmets have now been closely photographed.)

Moncal is very similar to the Anovos AT-AT Driver helmet, as Anovos was inspired by it. For the best AT-AT Driver helmet there is go for Laws, simply superb. You can upgrade a few parts and greeblies, but the overall look is even better than RS TIE Pilot.

Laws AT-AT Driver gray helmet 08.jpg

I've got the ANOVOS AT-AT. I got it from their first run. I had to wait over three years for it, & by the sounds of things... those who preorder this new run will be waiting the same amount of time. Is it perfect? No. Do I like it? Yes. Looks great on a stand. I got it on their tier 1 price, back when they were doing that. I don't remember what price it was, but it wasn't $500. I don't think I would pay $500 for it.

RS are working on an AT-AT helmet. I expect we'll see it released sometime this year.

Mike Herron with theforceforum recently announced that he is partnering with Dan Laws to do a run of AT-AT helmets right now, but be prepared to pay more than twice this price for it. I also cannot vouch for theforceforum's service since I have never bought anything from them...

Thanks, I actually wouldn't mind paying extra for something that nails the look. For some reason out of all the OT helmets, this is the one that stands out for me. Will look into that.

The Anovos one is decent but it has some weird things in the eye/goggle shape looking noticeably off but also other stuff like where the lower "ears" join the main helmet looks off.

Moncal is very similar to the Anovos AT-AT Driver helmet, as Anovos was inspired by it. For the best AT-AT Driver helmet there is go for Laws, simply superb. You can upgrade a few parts and greeblies, but the overall look is even better than RS TIE Pilot.

View attachment 443496

Is that helmet Laws or Moncal?

RS are working on an AT-AT helmet. I expect we'll see it released sometime this year.

Who is RS?

Is that helmet Laws or Moncal?

Who is RS?

That is the Laws when I first got it. Since then there are some upgrades to it, and I might upgrade the tusks with Michel darts replicas some day, as I have them, but never got into adding them up. Still it remains the best AT-AT Driver helmet out there, like I said the overall shape is even better than RS TIE Pilot.

RS Prop Masters make the most accurate Stormtrooper Stunt, Snowtrooper and Scout helmets out there, because they own a few screen used or production used pieces. Their site: https://www.rspropmasters.com/

More info about RS helmets:

https://starwarshelmets.com/rs_prop_masters__armour_and_helmets.htm

https://starwarshelmets.com/RS_Props_Scout_Trooper.htm

I know, I helped them with a couple things. It will be cool to see it finally finished

I can't find anything about this on their website.

Would either one of you have any more info...
Will it be a signature series? Any idea on when they might be taking pre-orders?

I can't miss out on this and I refuse to buy the Anovos offering.

Thank you!

I don’t have any specifics but when I asked them a while back (probably a couple years ago now, when they were finishing up my TIE commission) about what they were working on next, they mentioned that next up would likely be X-wing lids and a complete AT-AT suit. I think there might be a Rebelscum thread discussing this, in the fan-made props section.

I’d really like one too, as it happens it was the busts of the TIE and AT-AT owned by jkno that really inspired me to start collecting 1:1 replicas in the first place :) I have the TIE but have been waiting on a good AT-AT option.

I can't find anything about this on their website.

Would either one of you have any more info...
Will it be a signature series? Any idea on when they might be taking pre-orders?

I can't miss out on this and I refuse to buy the Anovos offering.

Thank you!

This was posted by RS on their FB page in November 2017:

RS-AT-AT-lid.jpg

There are other things, but Si from RS asked me not to make public so far. But they will release an AT-AT Driver helmet for sure. Though I'm not sure if they managed to get the regretted Ian Liston to sign their AT-AT plaques.

Wow, that looks so good! The eyes/lenses look more accurate there. Thanks for posting all of this.:clap

And any word on a release schedule for the ATAT? Seems like the X-wing helmet shipped 6-8 months ago.

So RS is licensed? It seems funny that Disney/LFL would license different companies to do the exact same thing, but I guess HT and SSC both just released 1/6 scale Luke Jedis (and DX's from both companies.)

RS is not licensed. The AT-AT lids above are prototypes, the dome needs to be a bit larger and some greeblies need upgrading. That takes time. They also might want to go with both AT-AT helmet and armor together when released, and they are still working on the armor as well.
I hope they managed to have Ian Liston sign more than just a few plaques though, we'll see.

RS is not licensed. The AT-AT lids above are prototypes, the dome needs to be a bit larger and some greeblies need upgrading. That takes time. They also might want to go with both AT-AT helmet and armor together when released, and they are still working on the armor as well.
I hope they managed to have Ian Liston sign more than just a few plaques though, we'll see.

Wow, I'm amazed after the whole SDS/LFL thing that there is still non-licensed stuff. But the bottom line is, it looks more accurate.

So it's really just a matter of periodically monitoring the RS website as to when the ATAT helmet becomes available?

And it seemed like (in looking at the rebel helmet/s) that there's a pretty short lead time between PO and delivery with RS - as opposed to Anovos, which seemed super long.

Thank you Sergiu. I knew I was right to wait.
Anovos has been emailing me letting me know that they are taking preorders for their AT-AT helmet.
They're really good at communicating when they need money. Not so when you have a few simple questions... like, oh you know... "Where's the stuff I paid for?!!!"

Back