Another Official Batman License Holder - motorcycle jackets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another Official Batman License Holder

Thanks for the reply!

Hope it is possible to get. Shaping up to be awesome.

My one question with the TDK jacket is the blades on the gauntlets, rigid or soft, and leather or some kind of plastic? I'd see anything plastic or too rigid getting in the way and catching on stuff so i'm curious how those will work out.

My one question with the TDK jacket is the blades on the gauntlets, rigid or soft, and leather or some kind of plastic? I'd see anything plastic or too rigid getting in the way and catching on stuff so i'm curious how those will work out.

Same. If anything, they should be removable I think.

Same. If anything, they should be removable I think.

The gauntlets themselves, and the fins are all leather. Formed to the exact contours and shapes of the screen used ones. The fins are flexible but not removable. There's a lot of detail as it is put into the gauntlets alone and making the fins removable would probably be over kill. There is no rubber on this suit...not for the jacket or the pants. Same for the gloves. All the armor elements are either formed leather or translucent Kevlar platings... and the goal is to replicate everything as close as possible to what was seen on screen. Ambitious? Yes...Impossible? No. :)
Fortunately for us, Dave also has extensive hands on experience in costume making which for a 'garment' such as this is fundamentally crucial to it's overall success as a replica...but most importantly a functional and practical wearable garment. We're aiming for the best of both worlds merged into what we hope to be an industry first where Batman Replica Outerwear is concerned.

I hope that helps. :)

Rimma

The gauntlets themselves, and the fins are all leather. Formed to the exact contours and shapes of the screen used ones. The fins are flexible but not removable. There's a lot of detail as it is put into the gauntlets alone and making the fins removable would probably be over kill. There is no rubber on this suit...not for the jacket or the pants. Same for the gloves. All the armor elements are either formed leather or translucent Kevlar platings... and the goal is to replicate everything as close as possible to what was seen on screen. Ambitious? Yes...Impossible? No. :)
Fortunately for us, Dave also has extensive hands on experience in costume making which for a 'garment' such as this is fundamentally crucial to it's overall success as a replica...but most importantly a functional and practical wearable garment. We're aiming for the best of both worlds merged into what we hope to be an industry first where Batman Replica Outerwear is concerned.

I hope that helps. :)

Rimma

Hi DAVIDYR1 ! First of, wanted to say you've got some creative work here.. . I am also a member in the forum of filmjackets .. and since I am a batnut i have been keeping track of what your progress is so far... You mentioned there will be a few versions of the bruce jacket... Do you have one which is the EXACT screen copy of the jacket? I just want that exact same style ..without any mods... I know belstaff is the original manufacture.. but the real product doesnt have that distressed finish.... Please do reply if you have time. thanks!

Hi DAVIDYR1 ! First of, wanted to say you've got some creative work here.. . I am also a member in the forum of filmjackets .. and since I am a batnut i have been keeping track of what your progress is so far... You mentioned there will be a few versions of the bruce jacket... Do you have one which is the EXACT screen copy of the jacket? I just want that exact same style ..without any mods... I know belstaff is the original manufacture.. but the real product doesnt have that distressed finish.... Please do reply if you have time. thanks!

Hello and thanks for following along. :)
Yes, an exact screen accurate copy of the Bruce Wayne Motorcycle Jacket is scheduled for release shortly.

In the mean time....

Whhyyy soo SERIOUS?

WSSerious.jpg

There's also a removable black fur collar but it's under the Joker face patch.

...more Goon Jacket styles on the way...and more teasers below.:D

GROUPED.jpg

Rimma

I dont like that Joker Jacket....one being....none of the goons would wear it...and the other is, it's too Burton Joker esq...but this is just IMO.

Batman one is badass though.

No worries CelticP and thanks for the honest input. :)
We realize that not everything in our garment line up is for everyone...but we do want 'something' for everyone. :)
That particular 'Joker Goon jacket' is in fact our nod of respect to that era, and it's influence is rather obvious.
Again, we want this leather garment line to be appealing to all fans. Which is why the DC Comics Batman line will soon follow. :)

Rimma

Ah. Got ya.

But I'd totally buy that TDK jacket and wear it around....but i'd look silly. :lol

Not digging the Joker "Goon" jacket either.....feels too Mattel for me but the TDK Batjacket is awesome.

You should do a purple Joker version of the Wayne motorcycle Jacket.

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback, critiques and suggestions. Nothing said here gets dismissed or brushed aside. :)
As Batman fans ourselves we're listening to everyone and all critiques...and we truly appreciate you folks taking the time to voice your thoughts on a public forum. :)

Regarding TDK Batman Leather suit...

The Dark Knight Batman Costume-Replica Leather Jacket and Pants are almost ready. I know I use words like 'almost' and 'soon' rather frequently but these garments truly are like nothing else ever attempted. Technical complexities aside, they're also classified as 'movie replicas' so they have to look like what was seen on film and that's only part of the challenge: Regardless...we expect to go live in a few short weeks on www.udreplicas.com with everything including these items here.:)

Just to give you an idea of how complicated 'yet accurate' we're trying to maintain this motorcycle suit...here's a peek at TDK Batman Costume-Replica Leather Pant...Which also features removable CE approved motorcycle body armor sections.

Kevlarblack.jpg

There's also a pretty good look at the black on black Kevlar sandwiched inside and under our custom made clear high-impact armor plates.

That's about as big of a tease as I can give. :) As I mentioned above, more details will be added to the website in the next short while.

...now, just picture TDK Batman Costume-Replica Leather Jacket. :)

Rimma

VERY excited for the jacket.......if I can get one in UK. :monkey2

Thanks for the update.

looking excellent.

Depending on price and availability in the uk, I may get one instead of a standard motorcycle jacket

Planning on going to see Melvin White...at 1502 Randolph Appt's? Then you better be sure to dress accordingly.

BWhhahaha.jpg

....every detail, stitch, method of overlay, colors, secret inner pockets and size is 100% identical to the Hero worn Christian Bale jacket from TDK....however all standard sizes will be offered. We're still considering custom orders for sleeve lengths and that sort of thing but no decision by Dave on that matter yet.

The camera flash brightens up the red significantly, but you'll see proper pics and all details at www.udreplicas.com very soon.

Sorry for the watermark....an evil necessity at this stage. :)

Rimma

Planning on going to see Melvin White...at 1502 Randolph Appt's? Then you better be sure to dress accordingly.

BWhhahaha.jpg

....every detail, stitch, method of overlay, colors, secret inner pockets and size is 100% identical to the Hero worn Christian Bale jacket from TDK....however all standard sizes will be offered. We're still considering custom orders for sleeve lengths and that sort of thing but no decision by Dave on that matter yet.

The camera flash brightens up the red significantly, but you'll see proper pics and all details at www.udreplicas.com very soon.

Sorry for the watermark....an evil necessity at this stage. :)

Rimma
I hope you do custom orders for sleeve lengths, because I am thinking about getting one of these, but standard size sleeves are usually too long for me.

nice stuff already made a reply at filmjackets... I will definitely get this.. this is my dream jacket.

nice stuff already made a reply at filmjackets... I will definitely get this.. this is my dream jacket.

Very cool, and thank you!:joy

I wanted to add a little more insight to TDK Batman Costume-Replica Leather Pants. The image of the pant showing the armor/Kevlar is the side view of the pant thigh.
Here's a comparison that should help put a visual on the look of our replica.
Our image and the image of the real thing were taken at different angles, so please keep that in mind when comparing the two.

COMPARISON.jpg
BPlegs.jpg

Comparing the colors of the two images, ours is definitely all black but the different choices and techniques used in the materials still ends up giving us varying tones and dark color effects....which is quite exciting to see unfold. :)

Thanks once again to all for the support, critiques and advice!

Rimma

Back