Animated Pirates Line Cancelled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they also want to change their approach to exclsuives after alienating so many fans this year. I predict far less convention exclusives and a lot more items sold directly on the GG site only to the PG members.

yea Fritz, as soon as you login to the GG site, you will be able to pre-order Barbosa or Will Turner.

I just pre-ordered Barbosa for choopie.

:)

Even thou the line has been canceled, I still think its nice for the fans of this line that GG is at least offering Turner and Barbosa.

Thank you Agent! :D :)

I noticed the waitlist designation on my pre-order as well, so I guess we'll see how it develops. I did get confirmation of pre-order cancellation from my e-tailer today.

GG just sent an email that gives a heads up on these maquettes. I remember that the day the cancellation news broke a lot of us jumped on the wait list. Anyone that gets their waitlist order converted let us know. I am also going to assume that the ES of 100 on Barbosa is a typo.

==========================================================

Dear Valued Customer,

The following items are now in stock. Pre-orders for these items will be processed and billed within the next 24 hours.

Queen Amidala Classics Bust
Animated Emperor Maquette

Snaga ORC Ringbearer Mini Bust

Animated Will Turner Maquette
Animated Captain Barbossa Maquette

Thank you for your continued support of Gentle Giant Ltd.

My order converted as well. Waited long enough for it. After this piece, I'm done with the Pirates collection.

Nope, just limited in that they are only being sold by GG directly, not through retailers. (All retailer orders were cancelled.) This should ultimately make them easier to get, as those who want to get them at a discount will be forced not to pick them up, and there will be a healthy supply from GGLTD.com.

Got my verification today. Excellent! I only got Barbossa, because he's my fav.

I will now have Jack (animated) and the Jack bust from NECA and the Barbossa (animated) and the NECA bust on shelves above my sink. Odd place, but the Jack looks cool there.

My set is complete! I got a low number for Barbossa, #0019. He is my favorite of the five.

piratestu7.jpg

willturnerkg7.jpg
barbossari8.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for posting Tom. I've been charged for my Barbossa and Will, so I should get them in the next week or so.

Really looking forward to the Barbossa figure. Hoping they make a few more figures available exclusively through GG if that's the way it's going to go now (Tia Dalma, Pintel and Ragetti, Sao Feng, Norrington, Gov. Swann, Beckett, Captain Teague...)

Ultimately though, I'll be satisfied with these 5 core characters and the Black Pearl if that is indeed it for the animated POTC line.

I only bought Barbossa, and he arrived last night: #109. Great-looking piece. He completes my trio with Davey and Jack.

Got #119 Barbossa and #344 Will.

Did Will's right foot go all the way into the peghole for you, Tom?

Great piece, by the way!

Will's foot is real tight for me. His other foot dosen't even touch the base. Other then that Both pieces look great.

Back