Animated Pirates Line Cancelled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I e-mailed GG and asked if the two remaining maquettes might see the light of day as either Collector's Guild offerings or (God forgive me) convention exclusives. Seems a waste of a pair of perfectly wonderful scupts to not have them see some form of release.

Ah, Cartoon Will, we hardly knew ye... :monkey2

What?!?! Oh, no way. And I have Barbossa on pre-order. :monkey2:monkey2

Least they could do is release in limited quantities what they've already announced.

Damn it. Barbossa is the only one out of this lot that I wanted. I was also hoping for a Pintel and Ragetti set.....:monkey2

Wow, I thought those animated lines were selling well, guess not. The Barbossa looked pretty cool too.

Damn, this is the only animated line I was going to collect. So which ones have actually been produced? I only have Jack.

They made Jack and Davy Jones, which go together nicely. They also made Elizabeth, which doesn't belong on her own but which I picked up to display along with the upcoming Will Turner.

Oops!!

Knowing Gentle Giant, both of these cancelled pieces will turn up down the road as convention or Blister exclusives with edition sizes of 250-500.

Knowing Gentle Giant, both of these cancelled pieces will turn up down the road as convention or Blister exclusives with edition sizes of 250-500.

Hope you're right Tom...I have the first 3 and Elizabeth NEEDS to have Will on the shelf next to her. And that Barbossa...c'mon...that looks to be the best of the bunch altogether.

I have them on pre-order and hope that if indeed the line IS cancelled, it won't be until these 2 are released. Heck, set the edition size to 250 or 500 NOW on the ones that are pre-ordered. Better than just cancelling altogether and hanging us collectors out to dry. We must get our Will and Barbossa before the lie ends! :cool:

This is another case of a company spreading themselves too thin, making their edition sizes too large and just trying to do too much. Gentle Giant took on too many licenses and probably should have kept their brand a bit smaller....hindsight...

ALL of the regular (i.e. not exclusives) Animated maquettes (with only a couple exceptions) can be found on E-bay at significantly reduced prices...I get the feeling that supply far outweighed demand. I think if they had kept the edition sizes around 500 pieces for ALL the POTC maquettes they would have gone a bit better...

Oh well...it was a promising line...perhaps more so than some of the other lines...

Geb

That's GG for ya, where if it ain't Star Wars, it ain't *****...

Back