Ani-Com HK Expo 2011 - Hot Toys Batman Begins Exclusive Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am glad its ras but why is everyone presuming it is him did hot toiys say something :dunno thanks

i am glad its ras but why is everyone presuming it is him did hot toiys say something :dunno thanks

Somebody posted insider's info that the exclusives would Ra's Al Ghul and Shadow Predator a week or so ago. They were right about the Shadow Predator, so people are assuming that he was right about Ra's Al Ghul as well.

Got my fingers crossed for a Gordon. I would actually like a Ken Watanabe Ras though to add a bit more colour to my Begins shelf...

Neeson, Oldman or Bale. Any of those would be great!

Monger, I agree with every word you've said.

Part of "being honest" is sticking to your word, even when it ends up being more difficult later on down the road than you had initially anticipated. "Being honest" wouldn't count for anything if it ONLY was meant to apply to situations where it's easier to be honest.

Well those who "actually believed it is an Asian exclusive" would have a right to be pissed because they were lead to believe that by Hot Toys, and decided to take them on their word for it.

I remember an interview with a Hot Toys rep, explaining that these would ONLY be available in Asia and that it was a "Thank you" to their Asian customers, since that was their home and initial market (i.e., their fellow neighbors, etc.).

A quick search yielded these specific quotes:

"The exclusives this time won't be available outside Japan and HK....Outside Japan, they'll only be sold at the HK Hot Toys owned store."

You can make plenty of bucks without lying.

And if you exploit the market to the point where you're being dishonest to your customers, then you're being a ____. Just because some people (like you specifically) may have expected it, doesn't make it any less true.

If it IS the Demon/Scarecrow set, I'm not sure which part would piss me off more: the fact that I was lied to by Hot Toys (resulting in me paying more than I would have otherwise) or the fact that we didn't end up getting brand new Batman figures (the more Batman figures, the better!)

It's not that I expected it, I'm just not surprised and all pissy (like you specifically) when it happens.

Although it's crappy when this happens, it's actually quite common in the action figure collector market. I can site numerous occasions when this happens with so called exclusives. SSCs does it all the time with SDCC exclusives. Something is said to be exclusive for the show and sold out buy due to cancellations, over stock and customer service stock being sold, these things sometimes become available many many months after it's thought to be long sold out.

Bottom line, if they were to do it, which it appears won't be happening, we have no idea why it happened or will happen.

If a company has an opportunity to make money on something, they most likely will...stop putting your faith in corporations. They can only be counted on to do one thing for sure...make money!

Somebody posted insider's info that the exclusives would Ra's Al Ghul and Shadow Predator a week or so ago. They were right about the Shadow Predator, so people are assuming that he was right about Ra's Al Ghul as well.

It's not that I expected it, I'm just not surprised and all pissy (like you specifically) when it happens.

Although it's crappy when this happens, it's actually quite common in the action figure collector market. I can site numerous occasions when this happens with so called exclusives. SSCs does it all the time with SDCC exclusives. Something is said to be exclusive for the show and sold out buy due to cancellations, over stock and customer service stock being sold, these things sometimes become available many many months after it's thought to be long sold out.

Bottom line, if they were to do it, which it appears won't be happening, we have no idea why it happened or will happen.

If a company has an opportunity to make money on something, they most likely will...stop putting your faith in corporations. They can only be counted on to do one thing for sure...make money!

I can count on one hand the times we've agreed, but this might be moving to the 6th piggy! :lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture

They did mention a while back they were going to do a gordanin the future

I think he means this guy....

Grodin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back