ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this one too.

Luke5.jpg

And I'll use it to illustrate something else I'm noticing with eyes lately on these figures, very small pupil dialation, the "doll dot" is almost, if not, the same size, like these figures are staring right into the sun. I think it makes a difference if they're a bit bigger on the light blue eyed figures like Luke and the Hobbits.

ANHLUKE_1.jpg

It's funny you like that one, I was using it as an example of poor lighting on Luke; flat.

But even there he does look like Luke. The "dot" is such a subtle thing to my untrained eye...I think I see what you mean, I think. :)

IMO, Mark Hamill sometimes doesn't even look like himself! Here is a 1080p screen capture to compare with:

https://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starwarsepisodeivanewhotp3.png

He's a lot more Tatooine tanned too, which is something that makes this SS Luke look a little bland in the coloration.

Reposting images since for many they've slipped to the next page:

LukeANH1.jpg

Nice job, best shot of his face yet, lighting allows the whites on the eyes to come through nicely and everything, your new spot does well.

They definitely painted him to have that "I want to learn the ways of the Force" look.

Thanks, Sean. I do rather like that picture. Seems to capture "Luke" pretty well.

Here's more like what we're used to seeing, a bit too stern perhaps...

Luke5.jpg

And here's some "mood" lighting like I did with Han that really helps bring the sculpt out...

Luke1.jpg
Luke2.jpg

Luke3.jpg
Luke4.jpg

It's all lighting, folks.

Those are the pics we need more of and all i needed to hear really.

:cool:

Cool! Thanks! Hope it helped.

Last edited:
As much as I didn't like the ANH Leia, I may have to pick her up now to complete the set.

A few more to show off the sculpt, which is really terrific...

Luke5-1.jpg
Luke8.jpg

I mean, that's Mark, right?

Looks just like him to me...before accident of course.

Luke6.jpg
Luke9.jpg

I miss my kitchen. :(

As much as I didn't like the ANH Leia, I may have to pick her up now to complete the set.

:slap.........i know, i know,.............i did the exact same thing. got han, luke, & now leia...................and crossing fingers for a furred chewy one day. oh holy hell that would be a sweet set up.

I think the warm light gives Luke a nice tanned, healthy look too, more like he had in the film than the sort of "pasty" paint on the figure.

Well they've all got that going, I was taking stills of Han the other day for that figure to be put into and found even Harrison had a healthy color to him, which is odd since he had no dessert scenes, maybe just natural, but certainly more than the figure, but at least the apps are nice and clean. If they were poorly done and the wrong tone, that'd be another matter (Farmir), but at least they're nicely done, just a bit paler.

Anxious to check this one out, it's always exciting to anticipate that first time you open the box and look in the window to see just how it really looks compared to photos and what nots, and thankfully most of the time it's been a relief or excitement builds at the sight of the figure.

Well they've all got that going, I was taking stills of Han the other day for that figure to be put into and found even Harrison had a healthy color to him, which is odd since he had no dessert scenes, maybe just natural, but certainly more than the figure, but at least the apps are nice and clean. If they were poorly done and the wrong tone, that'd be another matter (Farmir), but at least they're nicely done, just a bit paler.

Han and Luke would look better and more rugged with Leia if they had some healthy color against her porcelain skin. Maybe a little dry-brushing would help. Dunno, got to ask the experts about that.

Can't wait to see how you like Luke tomorrow, Sean. I doubt you'll be disappointed. No one should be. It's a damn nice figure.

Four down (Ben, Luke, Han, Leia) THREE to go --- C-3PO, R2-D2 and CHEWBACCA.

With Vader coming for SDCC -- and you don't need much more than that to make a splash -- I doubt we'll see droids until Christmas at best. Chewie...well, who knows?

Well, like I've said before, on film, I care least about the look of Luke in his farm boy garbs, maybe the whites or something, it just never sat well with me, but the first shots of the SSC figure resonated with me better than the film. ROTJ Luke is my favorite look, but I found the Bespin figure more fun somehow, so I imagine I'll find an unexpected fun in the ANH figure.

Just got this figure today after my credit card S.N.A.F.U. (my bank's fault, not Sideshow's). I don't even understand what people are looking for if this figure is not good enough for them.

And my rifle-aiming pose works fine.

And we finally got some footwear that allows some of the ankle articulaton that the buck haters like to dog on when the figures have the stiff boots.

I am quite content with this figure. I will add my own pics to everyone's when mt camera gets charged.

Just got home and Luke was waiting for me... looks really good in hand. I need to futz with him a bit, but really digging the figure. Two issues strike though 1) too much stuff, how to pose, how to pose? and 2) now that I'm going to have a ANH shelf I have rearrange a bunch of my figures :tap

A few more to show off the sculpt, which is really terrific...

I mean, that's Mark, right?

Looks just like him to me...before accident of course.

I miss my kitchen. :(

Great pics man, but what's the deal with the kitchen? The Ben Kenobi shot was my favorite. :lol

Luke5-1.jpg

This shot is f'n tremendous! Best show off of the sculpt yet - with the possible exception of this:

lukeskywalkerheadsculptby3.jpg

I've decided I'm no longer a SideShow collector, I'm a Trevor Grove collector! You, sir, Rock Strong...

Back