ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shots of the portrait, Wor-Gar...looks really good.

He's due up my way on thursday...but with the 12+ hour days I'm pulling right now at work, my shots may have to wait til the weekend. That's alright though...between yours, Sean's and everyone else who's getting him this week, this thread should be hopping for a while... :)

So here are a couple quick shots... with minimal futzing (no water treatment) I think you can get a real nice look out of the tunic. Great figure :rock

anhlukea.jpg

anhlukeb.jpg

And this is the 2nd figure in a row where the production paint was as good, if not better than the proto. Maybe Sideshow is working to get these two closer.

My one and only issue with the final portrait lies entirely with the paint apps. Look at this shot. Terrific likeness, IMHO, but this is ANH Luke. It looks like he's the LEADER here standing next to Han. I almost expect the over-confident wise cracks out of Luke's mouth! Nothing a repaint won't fix.

...oh and I still think we need and after-market tunic to hold his place as one of the best ever.

WOW! Looks great, GB...I really like the shot of Luke and Han together....

Dare I say we put that sky back up where it belongs for a while, everyone? :) This new crop of shots is terrific....

GREAT bunch of pics from everyone!!!

I love when the chicken littles go crazy and it turns out to be fine in the end.

I just think its strange that everytime I post a pic of it (even if its in the background) you feel like you have to let everyone know what a POS it is. :dunno

Post different pics.
baby.gif

wink.gif

I promise to go easy on your precious Yavin Luke from now on.

Four down (Ben, Luke, Han, Leia) THREE to go --- C-3PO, R2-D2 and CHEWBACCA.

Something tells me that the recent HT/SSC teams up on Prometheus, etc also yielded the Droids....call it a hunch.

Looks solid to me!

Agreed, although the paint doesn't do the sculpt justice. Looks good out of the box, better than the last two (Bespin/Yavin) but the repaints will really kick this one out of the park.

Last edited:
Something tells me that the recent HT/SSC teams up on Prometheus, etc also yielded the Droids....call it a hunch.

I don't think that's happened yet, I think new bodies and armor were at the forefront of that collaboration and we're still seeing fruits of it with the yet to be seen Vader, I would say the droids are likely in the new pipeline, but I'd say SDCC 2009 at the earliest for them.

I still say the Droids were begun. I agree we won't see them any earlier than 2009 but I think the ground was broken and they are being worked on. I have a feeling Boba Fett will make his SSC debut as well in 2009

My one and only issue with the final portrait lies entirely with the paint apps. Look at this shot. Terrific likeness, IMHO, but this is ANH Luke. It looks like he's the LEADER here standing next to Han. I almost expect the over-confident wise cracks out of Luke's mouth! Nothing a repaint.

I agree with you, its like the attitudes got switched and Luke was c-o-c-k-y and Han was naive. Still, they look great together and as a pair completely blow away their Bespin counterparts.

And Jedi, I think you're right... the sky can go back up now, at least until the next figure ships :lol

I think Boba's a strong candidate for Toy Fair 2009, he's at Vader level as far as armor ammounts, but unless they do ROTJ Fett or nail his helmet, I don't know if I'll drop another $120 on a Boba Fett figure, ya it'd be more in scale but visually Medi's is spot on and with so many other collectibles rolling out, buying repeats like that is going to take strong swaying in the future.

Got mine today and it's a decent figure. Nothing fantastic. It's on the buck body and I don't know if I like the wraps on the legs and the rubber shoes.

Yeah, I think TF next year is when we might see Boba. He'd be awesome no doubt to see at SDCC but this is Vaders show with some friends. I'll get SS version of Boba when it comes out and I get my Luke tomorrow. :rock

The important question to ask now that we've got this Luke, what'll Luke 2009 be?

I'm thinking 2009 should be the year of ESB; Lando, Hot Luke, Leia and Han, R2 and 3PO, Yoda, and just to keep things interesting, Clone Wars Anakin and Grand Moff Tarkin.

I have a feeling that in 2009 we'll see either an X-Wing Luke or it'll be Stormtrooper Luke.

The important question to ask now that we've got this Luke, what'll Luke 2009 be?

I'm thinking 2009 should be the year of ESB; Lando, Hot Luke, Leia and Han, R2 and 3PO, Yoda, and just to keep things interesting, Clone Wars Anakin and Grand Moff Tarkin.

We get another Luke in 2009 I want X-Wing.

I really hope in 2009 we see depending on what we see at SDCC some more clones and stormies.

Back