ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of my evil plan.
evillaugh.gif

If you like it kudos to you but just looking at YL out of the box...makes me shudder.

I can't believe people are fans of that figure...
stars.gif

Excellent repaint though, money well spent....completely changes the figure. Takes it from a 2 to a 10....
hug_two.gif

:monkey3

I just think its strange that everytime I post a pic of it (even if its in the background) you feel like you have to let everyone know what a POS it is. :dunno

I think it's only from the neck up that it takes grief, and I can understand, it's not the best SSC figure head, but the costume turned out really nice I thought.

OK, got mine!

Remember -- new place. Still looking for that great spot for pictures. Until then, here's a couple of experiments:

Close up -- dark, but the sculpt is there --

LukeANH1.jpg

Straight from the box, no futz, no fix, nada... not great light yet either...

LukeANH2.jpg
LukeANH3.jpg

But you see how light changes the clothing color and hair color.

OK, got mine!

Remember -- new place. Still looking for that great spot for pictures. Until then, here's a couple of experiments:

Close up -- dark, but the sculpt is there --

LukeANH1.jpg

Straight from the box, no futz, no fix, nada... not great light yet either...

LukeANH2.jpg
LukeANH3.jpg

But you see how light changes the clothing color and hair color.

The one on the right looks so much better,IMO

LukeANH1.jpg

Nice job, best shot of his face yet, lighting allows the whites on the eyes to come through nicely and everything, your new spot does well.

They definitely painted him to have that "I want to learn the ways of the Force" look.

LukeANH1.jpg

Nice job, best shot of his face yet, lighting allows the whites on the eyes to come through nicely and everything, your new spot does well.

They definitely painted him to have that "I want to learn the ways of the Force" look.

Thanks, Sean. I do rather like that picture. Seems to capture "Luke" pretty well.

Here's more like what we're used to seeing, a bit too stern perhaps...

Luke5.jpg

And here's some "mood" lighting like I did with Han that really helps bring the sculpt out...

Luke1.jpg
Luke2.jpg

Luke3.jpg
Luke4.jpg

It's all lighting, folks.

How bout some poses? Nice pics how would you rate him?

I got no time to pose. Must futz first, but the light is going.

As for rating, well, the outfit is very nice. The gear looks great. I like the tunic after all, though it would be better in the same material they used for the pants (no visible weave). The boots are great looking. Then there's the sculpt, or rather the paint on it. The sculpt, as you can see above, is terrific. Every bit a Trev masterpiece. But the paint is heavy -- heavy meaning "thick"; some weird paint they have over there. It looks like I got a fairly good specimen; no slop to speak of, pretty even, some nice coloration and the eyes are even -- thank you, China. The hair's not bad to the naked eye, but the combination mud color and yellow streaks isn't very subtle on close inspection. However, in hand, on the shelf a foot and a half away from you, he looks great. Much like Han, it really depends on the way the light catches Luke whether he strikes you as Hammill or not.

But I would say this is the best Luke we've gotten so far.

Back