Ancient Roman Gladiators by Kaustic Plastik

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Realistik Muscle Body will retail for $39.99.

Contact your favorite e-retailer/retailer for order details. If they currently don't have the items listed, bug em to carry em. :) We're happy to take on more retailers for this one.

Thanks again.

Greg

Probably a stupid question, but you guys realize that's around the same price as the new body from HT, right?

Depending on the quality of the final piece I'd say it's a good price. It would be a good alternative to the more expensive HT muscular body ($55) and definitely a better value than the Narrow TT at $49.

$15 adds up pretty fast when you're buying a lot of bodies... and having a different muscular body is never a bad thing. That way all of your shirtless characters don't look identical.

How tight are the joints on the new bodies? I'm usually concerned with the first releases from a new company as the bodies tend to be buggy early on.

As far as I can tell, pretty tight. I've put them through the rounds and they've done well.

Bear in mind the factory that makes these is no spring chicken to the 1:6 scale industry. I've been there myself to discuss work for some projects we were looking into, and they manufacture for some pretty reputable companies.

Greg

Great to hear; I'll plan to pick up a couple of these to try them out :duff

One more question, will these be compatible with HT figures?

Great to hear; I'll plan to pick up a couple of these to try them out :duff

One more question, will these be compatible with HT figures?

I've been told that they are compatible to Hot Toys Heads and Hands, yes.

320710_10150298290359823_297119739822_8078109_1091409252_n.jpg

320281_10150298290694823_297119739822_8078117_1887824746_n.jpg

Greg

While I like the leather, is it just me or does the arm guards have too many pieces to it? It makes his arm look so long. 24 individual pieces? Just seems like too many.

I pre-ordered bodies and gladiators in france as the price is very competitive there.

They're supposed to be here by the end of the month.

As for being in the HT price range, true, but I think they're a great alternative, not to mention that the legs look much better than the TT muscle body!

I think I'm going to like these!

Oh, and on their site, they've previewed the body that'll come with their next, legionnary release, and I think it looks more than passingly like the guy (Andy Whitfield)who played Spartacus in the first season... Not dead on but good enough! :D

Check it out:

https://www.kaustic-plastik.com/eng...man-Army/31/Roman-Legionary---Coming-soon.htm

Looking good...

romanbig.jpg

body5web.jpg

After watching Gladiator and Spartacus (Series) for the past few weeks, I'm getting really interested in these... specially after the improvements!
Just some weathering and some battle damage and these will look great!!
:rock!

Wish we could see pics of it next to HT's muscle body.

The paint on the head looks great but the sculpt looks like something 21c would do.

Maybe it's just me, but the thigh and the lower part of the leg does not look to be in proportion.

Its not horribly out of proportion. To some extent you need to leave the thighs thinner to allow fitting into some outfits without looking like Quadzilla.

Got my Celadus (Thraex) and nude body today. Phenomenal figures and right up there with the ACI Flamma! Very pleased.
No photos because I'm storing them for a while but trust me, they are great!:lecture

Back