Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I pre-ordered the Battlestar Galactica figures in March 2008 and they are still not available.
So one and a half year of waiting already... :(

Man..how do they make money doing that ? I have pretty good patience though..I just received a model this month I ordered about 2-3 years ago..I didn't even remember ordering it...heh..I guess others may be a ble to put up with it as well. It does make you fearful of the line being dropped...or the products never released..I mean members over at spawn.com used to freak when a line was delayed by a week or two.

I thought about ordering either Boris or maybe the Maureen Robinson figure, but since I live in Canada, I CAN'T order anything through Amazon.com, since they won't ship figures up here. Very frustrating. Hopefully they get their new website up and running soon...

I was wondering when they would get the new site done..I've heard them say it will be finished any time now...but it's been awhile since then.. :confused:

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for them myself..I've cut my collecting back a lot and narrowed my focus to the point it's hard to find items for some of them..lol

I am just glad that someone picked up so many ofthe cool licenses of yesteryear that had been ignored for so long. Thanks Amok!
Patience? I'm ok with things taking longer as long as updates come and there's communication.
I have heads out to be painted with a guy who's had them for over four years and now moved and his family's in the US and he's overseas.... Guess I've seen the last of those :monkey2

When does it eventually become cheaper just to start making this stuff inthe USA again? Delays, freight, etc. have to costs a bundle in overhead and lost sales.

I am sure some college kids would work in a toy factory for the same wage they get for asking "do you want fires with that".

Or is that still too much to pay? I realize in China they work to eat and all...but I am just wondering at what point we start saying: Let's make this stuff here.:confused:

I doubt college kids would work 14 hrs a day, 6 days a week for $0.38 per hour with no insurance and minimal breaks. So unless labor laws change, or the cost of living suddenly decreases drastically, we're stuck with China.

when did you hear of another delay?:confused:

Several days ago.

Those 4 have indeed been produced and will ship, just not on 9/4. Again, possibly a week later at the earliest.

Unfortunately, we shouldn't get our hopes up too high.
Ronnie's crystal ball says it is possible/probable some of the other characters may never see the light of day.

When does it eventually become cheaper just to start making this stuff inthe USA again? Delays, freight, etc. have to costs a bundle in overhead and lost sales.

I am sure some college kids would work in a toy factory for the same wage they get for asking "do you want fires with that".

Or is that still too much to pay? I realize in China they work to eat and all...but I am just wondering at what point we start saying: Let's make this stuff here.:confused:

Probably never. What we pay them per hour versus what minimum wage is here, alone (not counting all the other compensations and complications), it would be next to impossible. Many/Most popular toys and action figures of the last 40-50 years were not manufactured in the US. Now of course I'm sure we could find some rare examples, I am just mean for the most part.

Glad to hear these were made... I was getting worried the delays and factory issues would squelch their 1/6 projects.

Really looking forward to the 1/6 Bub and Blacula :rock

I'm ok with things taking longer as long as updates come and there's communication.

There's communication? I don't think so.

Every time I send them a mail I do not get an answer.
Every time I ask them a question on eBay I do not get an answer.
Every time I look at their webpage there is no info on the figures that I pre-ordered.

It's ok for me if they need more time. They should just tell us.

I want the Klowns. ALL of them! Been waiting many years for more Klowns.
DSCN7637.jpg

Holy crap! I had an order from Amoktime show up yesterday and didn't know. Just check my email this morning and saw a UPS shipping tracking number from tuesday. Called my wife and she found the box on the porch this morning... Boris may be waiting for me when i get home tonight :D

Boris, Barbra, Blood, Maureen will NOT be shipping on 9/4. They are being pushed back another full week from that date at the very least.

They are tied up in customs.

So whereas they have actually been produced, they are not IN STOCK technically speaking.

: (

You are wrong Ron Jeremy, Amoktime told me all 4 of my Boris Karloff figures shipped yesterday!:chew:banana

Yep, four figures are shipping from them. Boris, Blood of Dracula, Horror of Party Beach, and Frankie meets the Space Monster. At least those are the ones I have coming that shipped.

Yep, four figures are shipping from them. Boris, Blood of Dracula, Horror of Party Beach, and Frankie meets the Space Monster. At least those are the ones I have coming that shipped.

Had a quick visit with the Snyders last week. They told me the four figures that are currently shipping would be Boris Karloff, Blood of Dracula, Maureen Robinson, and Barbara from Night of the Living Dead. Horror of Party Beach is in production but has not yet been completed. Frankenstein and the Space Monster were still being tweaked in their shop and will be part of the next wave going into production.

I am just glad that someone picked up so many ofthe cool licenses of yesteryear that had been ignored for so long. Thanks Amok!
Patience? I'm ok with things taking longer as long as updates come and there's communication.
I have heads out to be painted with a guy who's had them for over four years and now moved and his family's in the US and he's overseas.... Guess I've seen the last of those :monkey2

Have to agree with this.As someone who grew up in the sixties I have been waiting since that time for quality figures from my favorite shows and movies. I'm still waiting for most of them. As long as someone shows the willingness to try and make them happen they will have my support.

Back