Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I am sad about that Uncle Sam Haim figure I had 2 of those on order.:monkey2 Why was it canceled? Is it because Monsters HD is no more?

I was told it was a combination of Monster's HD folding and low preorder interest. As far as I know the 7 inch Elvira is still a go. The 1/4 scale PF and 12 inch figure were never offered for preorder. Those are the ones that likely wont get made.

I was told it was a combination of Monster's HD folding and low preorder interest. As far as I know the 7 inch Elvira is still a go. The 1/4 scale PF and 12 inch figure were never offered for preorder. Those are the ones that likely wont get made.

I sure hope you're right :rock :rock

Uncle Sam Haim sure looked like a cool figure with a lot of kitbash potential. Monsters HD folding certainly didn't help and with pre-orders low....

I think it bears pointing out that "Amok Time" has not addressed anyone or anything to my knowledge or from what I've seen. Yes, someone who works "with" them got defensive for them and Executive replicas, but the companies themselves have not gotten involved.

The person in question here can get a little crazy on occasion. After speaking with him a few times I now know which topics to avoid bringing up. Sculpting isn't a hobby to these folks,it's how they put food on their table. So it's understandable that they might get defensive when their clients are put under the gun. I would encourage anyone who has an opportunity to seek out sculptors in your area or talk to them at conventions. When you hear some of the things they have to go through and deal with it becomes easier to understand their frustration over comments posted on line by folks who don't understand or know the process. I've seen several prototypes that haven't been shown yet so there is a lot more planned. As the factory situation clears up things should start happening at a more regular pace.

I completely understand the production hell some of these companies sometimes go through, and also know that this economy is not helping any of them. I think I have a lot more patience than the average collector. As long as the product comes out, and comes out nice, delays don't really bother me. I probably get this from my years of hunting down rare vintage toys before the Interweb and eBay made it so much easier. It would sometimes take me forever to find a piece I was looking for. Collectors now days are completely spoiled and I often think expect too much.

There are no two upcoming figures (from any companies) I am looking more forward to than their 12" Zacherley and Blacula, and as long as they make it out, I can deal with waiting.

Re: Amoktime UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Four new 1/6th scale Classic Horror/Sci-Fi figures coming soon. These items have just hit the water and are expected in the next 30 days: Second in the "Night of the Living Dead" series Barbra, The First "Icons of Horror and Sci-Fi" series Boris Karloff, The first in the "Monsters HD" series Blood of Dracula and the fourth in the Classic "Lost in Space" Series Doctor Maureen Robinson!
Here are some packaged samples pictures scroll thru them all to see final production shots.

That's right four are coming right at ya in the next 30 days! Our new website is coming along and should be ready in the next 3 weeks. All orders placed on our old site will still be valid and all orders will ship in order of placement. Please note all of these items are extremely limited to only 500 pcs worldwide.
We appreciate your patience and understand in ordering these truly unique collectors items.
Till we meet again,
Your friends at Amok Time :rock:D

Re: Amoktime UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

That's right four are coming right at ya in the next 30 days! Our new website is coming along and should be ready in the next 3 weeks. All orders placed on our old site will still be valid and all orders will ship in order of placement. Please note all of these items are extremely limited to only 500 pcs worldwide.

When will the Battlestar Galactica figures (Athena, Boomer etc) be released?

I've looking forward to those Killer Klowns since I heard about them...is Shorty still on hold til October ? That was the last I read on a some site...I really want that Slim as well next..then maybe Klownzilla ? Heck, I just want them all..I'me even considering getting the exclusive Shorty and hunt up the exclusive Sota piece and mix and match their parts to expand my Klown invasion force further... ;D

Yes... I am obcessed with them... heh heh

Back