Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine. Its not crappy, but campy just the the films. I think it fits perfectly with the blaxploitation era and the price is right on point. I'm glad it's finally out.

Horror collecting has died down a little in this economy, methinks. Customizers seem to be getting a lot of work. Mostly for the newer or slashery stuff. But aside from the Diamond Select products and the (very pricey) Factory prop replicas...not much classic monster stuff.

If I was a bigger fan of Blacula I would have this figure. Its nice. perhaps one day when gas isnt $4.00+ a gallon, and people arent worried about starving to death, we will see a spike in horror figures like the "good old days" of 2005-2006.:lol

Just got Blacula and as cool as he is he really does need the two additional sculpts. I don't know if I would have picked him up at $80. I got him for $63, but I did have to wait 5 years. I know this is a start-up company in this field and I want to support any company doing product that might not otherwise get made. Which is the reason I want Dooley to succeed even with the bumps along the way. This release needed these two:
2rqzg5x.jpg

2ex4mew.jpg

Just got Blacula and as cool as he is he really does need the two additional sculpts. I don't know if I would have picked him up at $80. I got him for $63, but I did have to wait 5 years. I know this is a start-up company in this field and I want to support any company doing product that might not otherwise get made. Which is the reason I want Dooley to succeed even with the bumps along the way. This release needed these two:
2rqzg5x.jpg

2ex4mew.jpg

So I assume he only comes with the 1 HS?

Does he have any accessories?

I like the packaging.

Thanks GB. It looks like a pretty good figure for @ $80. Does everyone who has it think its worth it?

Depends. I grew up on these cheesy movies so it was a no-brainer. At $80 I don't think a casual collector would be too thrilled with this purchase. Even if you loved these kinds of movies you probably wouldn't be thrilled either. However, knowing that this character won't be made again you'll be glad you got it. The quality is on par with early SS Star Wars.

Depends. I grew up on these cheesy movies so it was a no-brainer. At $80 I don't think a casual collector would be too thrilled with this purchase. Even if you loved these kinds of movies you probably wouldn't be thrilled either. However, knowing that this character won't be made again you'll be glad you got it. The quality is on par with early SS Star Wars.

Thanks jack. That was very helpful. I have just about every SS classic horror figure and I was thinking it would go well with those.

I think Jack's on point with his comparison... the previous Amok Time releases have been on par with the Sideshow Univeral Monsters releases. And from pics this looks to be the case with Blacula; and at a time where a basic 1/6 HT figure is around $170; $80 is probably about right for this guy.

Back