Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so annoyed about not being able to get the Tom and Joy Masque of the Red Death or Vincent Price Presents figures....that I bought their House on Haunted Hill kit from Resin Crypt. Gotta have that Likeness somehow, eh?:lecture

image-HD.jpg

If I remember correctly the Masque of the Red Death VP portrait was sculpted by Andy Bergholtz.

I got a chance to see the Gort at the sculptor's studio before it was completed. In the film the character looked quite different from scene to scene depending on weither it was the static sculpture or the guy in the suit. The AT figure ended up being an amalgamation of the different looks from the film plus some adjustments for vynil casting. The figure itself looks a little wide from side to side when compared to pictures of Rennie standing next to the static prop. It does look like a 1/6th scale 7 foot tall man could fit inside it which is a touch I like. I don't see anyone else doing a 1/6th scale Gort anytime soon so I am happy to have this one. While not perfect it is as close to accurate as most of the other figures I own so I am satisfied.

I think the major screw up with Gort were the hips, which do not look like anything used in the film. That flaw really detracts from the look. Other than that they are pretty cool figures.

Sean

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the older set when referring to Gort and Klaatu.

And yes, Gort is pretty inaccurate... but I'm guessing part of that was a stylist choice to make him look more ideal than the kind of wrinkled costume they actually had.

Like I said before, a friend of mine ordered two cases almost a year ago (maybe even longer?) and they haven't shipped them to him yet.

Where's my damn Blacula!? By the time this comes out I'll look like the second head.

It--the Terror from Beyond Space has invited him and Masque of the Red Death over for tea and crumpets. They are almost ready to decide to take him up on his offer. All it needs is another price hike and a few more collectors to die and they'll be good to go.:gah::slap:lecture

It--the Terror from Beyond Space has invited him and Masque of the Red Death over for tea and crumpets. They are almost ready to decide to take him up on his offer. All it needs is another price hike and a few more collectors to die and they'll be good to go.:gah::slap:lecture

Where's Bub in this scenario? :lol

This needs to be moved over to the "action figure" section :duff

And great news about the Klowns and Blacula... now maybe we'll eventually see the rest of the proposed figures :huh

Back