AMBUSH ON HOTH Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this one today at Forbidden Planet. Damn this thing is HUGE! big as a 1:1 bust

Arrived after all--this thing is huge. Maybe one of the biggest footprints of any collectible I own. So much so that it's not going to fit in my display cabinet at the angle I wanted.

I am very pleased with it, and as a big fan of ESB, this is a personal favorite concept for a diorama and it was realized extremely well. My two biggest issues in collecting lately are space and money and this was hard to justify, but I don't regret it.

Now I need to sell my GG tauntauns, because they just look boring in comparison.

I got this yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. It is huge and it is really nice looking. Sideshow did an excellent job with this one.

So I get a call from my gf saying a huge box just arrived and that she is pissed at me because she had to drag it in the house. I said hrmm I wonder what it could be. Got home and said damn I thought I cancelled this thing. I'm glad I didn't, I really like it. It's friggin big, I couldn't believe how big it is.

Got mine today!! Could care less about my back injury that has forced me to a chair for two weeks now; I ripped open this f^^^**r and lifted it out of the box. It's freakin huge!! And heavy!! The snow base is an incredible work of art rivalling Randy Bowen's quality bases. It's f^^^***g gorgeous! Luke and Taun look magnificent!! Wampa's fur coat could be a little more white in color, not really digging the consistent coloring of his fur. Still, one of the greatest SW collectibles I own; not sure how this could be topped, probably second only to my Attakus Vader 1.

Hoth scenes were the greatest part of the Trilogys. F^^^k Jar Jar, ewoks, p***y Han and stoopid Jabba band!

Sorry, no camera for pics. I gotta go lay down. My back is f^^^^***g killin' me!!

BB :chew:chew

IMG_9349.JPG

IMG_9352.JPG

IMG_9366.JPG

IMG_9372.JPG

Thanks Dave, although this dio is impressive it still kind of makes me laugh when I see it in person. It's just the ridiculousness of Luke's expression, don't geta me wrong-o I think it's cool but still very funny. I never caught that Luke was reaching for his lightsaber though, nice touch.

Luke reaching for his lightsaber makes the statue. I fell in love with this piece when I noticed that at Comic Con. This piece tells so much story.

Here's mine. Pics aren't too good but I know how we all love looking at pics...

hoth1.jpg

hoth2.jpg

hoth3.jpg

hoth4.jpg

Back