AMBUSH ON HOTH Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seriously considered unloading all of my 12" figures in order to get into this range. After landing that Obi-wan vs. Anakin diorama for $50, I see now that this is definitely the classiest line of Star Wars collectibles offered by Sideshow. And this, IMO, is the best-looking one to date.

As its been said, the likeness to Luke is there...but I really wish Lucas would have let them make this with a different expression. I own the Yoda Vs Dooku Diorama, and the face sculpts on it are top notch and the artists capture the moment perfectly. This one I'm just not feeling...mainly because of Luke's expression...and that's really unfortunate because this had the potential to be an outstanding statue. I'm not saying that I'll never pick this up somewhere down the road...but not for $300.

I'm not buying it.

The order of events is wrong. Luke gets knocked off first, then the Tauntaun gets pummeled. Unless this is going to be as featured in the ESB: Ultimate Edition or something.

sloth.jpg

Awesome likeness of luke skywalker!!

Has anyone received theirs today? BBTS apparently has them in stock now. Some pics would be appreciated!

Saw this in person at SDCC and it is amazing. I would really like to pick one up but I'm gonna be patient and wait for deals as I don't see it being that popular.

And for those that don't know, this thing is ^^^^ing huge!!!

I've always had an affinity for the Wampa and Taun Taun... I think the Wampa being one of my first (non hand-me-down) Star Wars toys is a big factor. I still remember opening that bad boy up Christmas morning in the early 80's :rock

And yeah, even though we're Jews it was just easier to get together for Christmas :lol

If I can ever get a good price on this one I'll probably snap it up :rock

Mine shipped last night. I cant believe the amount of stuff that got preauthorized on my card yesterday. I had over $1200 just yesterday.

I finally snapped a few pics this morning. Overall I like the statue. The major flaw with it for me is the Wampa. Something about it just doesn't look right to me. I think Luke and the taun taun turned out great and the base is amazing. It came in a huge box. The statue come sin 3 pieces: the base, Wampa, and Luke on Taun Taun. The Wampa has one peg that slides into the base and one that locks into the neck of the taun taun. the taun taun has one peg where the foot attaches to the base. Here are the pics:

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

Back