Amazing Spider-Man #700 SPOILERS...WTF???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, when is the last time Spider-man was well written? Aside from a stand alone issue here and there, it is consistantly written by 1) Hollywood guys who save their a-game for screenplays and 2) writers willing to carry out Joe-Q's latest dumbassery.

Where to start. Again I am talking old school ones here. I still like to this day. What I am not going to get paid for being a superhero?

Now I haven't read comics in a while but what the hell is this crap?

Can anyone that has been reading it say that the story leading up to this is any good?

Marvel writer Dan Slott is getting death threats for the leaked ending of Spider-Man #700

Granted it will eventually be fixed but WTF???

Just like the undid one more day/brand new day, right?

Perhaps this means we will be getting peter parker back in The ultimates comics.

Kinda liked those more.

Or perhaps we will get parker back as a clone. Who the hell knows... I'm so far behind on ASM and Spectacular spider man, it will be YEARS before i ever get to these anyways.

I just finished 700 as well, it was quite good. Pretty well done and parkers death had a bit of emotion and sadness in it. I actually really enjoyed the little short story in the back with "great grand pa Martin" I thought it had a lot of emotion and sadness in it. Have to say though, it hasn't made me want to read superior spider man. Don't really have any interest in reading doc ock in peters body. I think anything I'll just go back to reading ultimate Spider-Man. I read the first two ultimate collections and loved it, thought it was really well written even if I wasn't a big fan of some of the changes (green goblin in particular). But I think that'll be my only Spider-Man title along with Scarlett spider, which I've been enjoying since issue 1.

9C0510D4-42D3-48D7-B480-84FCC977899E-683-00000170681D00BB.jpg

there is no investment to the stories these days… they comic book companies insist on flooding the market with their key characters but it is not for the sake of character development. it is like watching a lousy magician… we know the tricks… we know the diversions… why would Marvel expect us to continue supporting them when they think this is what we deserve?

Sadly I stopped reading ASM right after the OMD story line.

I loathe what Joephisto has done to Spidey.

Same here I was done then what I'm hearing from this story I understand they wanna try to new things but come on .

Sometimes I wonder if it's the wrong editors/writers being put in charge of arcs or just the fact that these beloved characters are so old and used up that their sharks were jumped decades ago.

Probably a combo of both :lol

Sometimes I wonder if it's the wrong editors/writers being put in charge of arcs or just the fact that these beloved characters are so old and used up that their sharks were jumped decades ago.

IMO comics she be published 4 times a year like the old days.

Same here I was done then what I'm hearing from this story I understand they wanna try to new things but come on .

Peter's death and Doc Ock left playing Spider-Man is a lame gimmick, IMO. As was OMD.

I just blame Joephisto for all the crap that is now being done to Spidey. :(

IMO comics she be published 4 times a year like the old days.

I liked it better when you only had one title to buy for each of your favorite characters.

Nowadays, for example, it's not just Uncanny X-Men it's All New X-men, Astonishing X-Men, X-treme X-Men, Extremely X-treme X-Men, All New Astonishing X-Men...you get the point.

I liked it better when you only had one title to buy for each of your favorite characters.

Nowadays, for example, it's not just Uncanny X-Men it's All New X-men, Astonishing X-Men, X-treme X-Men, Extremely X-treme X-Men, All New Astonishing X-Men...you get the point.

I can't disagree with that. That and crossover events are just getting ridiculous. With that said I am enjoying All New X-Men.

Spiderman attracts a lot of editorial stunt work. That's too bad. This is a character that deserves better.

It goes without saying Peter will be back at some point, probably before the next movie is in theaters. It also goes without saying the resolution to this Doc Occ storyline will make eyes roll just as hard as issue 700.

Last edited:
The stories I've enjoyed most in the last ten years from Marvel are the ones that have took the characters out of their molds. Planet Hulk, a book that sounds lame on paper, was fantastic. The new Venom was mocked until the Remender's writing of Flash's symbiote struggles made you stop. Cap's death and Bucky's revival was a completely taboo and stupid idea until Brubaker somehow pulled it off. Yet Fraction's recent run on Iron Man proved you don't need stunting to tell fresh Marvel stories.

There seems to be a very fine, sharp, and hazardous line of razor wire between pushing the envelope with crazy ideas. It's either OMD-ridiculous-face-spitting material or surprisingly awesome. It sounds like a pretty long shot at best, but maybe this Doc Oc story could turn into something interesting. Or not :lol

It remains to be seen how well this new take on Spider-Man does but I'm optimistic. I normally don't even read it but I was intrigued by this whole arc so I might be picking up superior #1 as well.

One thing I will say about comics in general: Daredevil has consistently been the best comic Marvel has produced in the last 15 years. Why? Because most of that time he was just who he was...Daredevil/Matt Murdock in Daredevil/Matt Murdock stories. The Marvel Universe left him alone in his little corner and it was perfect that way. Combine that with great writers and great artists and you've got a winner. Shadowland sucked though :lol

Back