Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this one online :

product_image.php

The detailing looks great..but the color pattern isn't that good.

Will this be our 2nd Quarter dinosaur piece ? If so that could fit well..right around tax return time. Assuming Sideshow is going for 4 a year again...one every Quarter would be reasonable wouldn't it ?

I'll post some pics sometime next week since my camera is in the shop again. My Trcic allosaurus came in bad condition though, especially the forelimbs and the fingers were literally in fragments when it arrived... :(

I'm still waiting for the Trcic Spinosaurus which has been more than 8 months since I ordered it :banghead

Trcic has some really nice pieces..and I was tempted to order a couple of them..but I'm sticking with Sideshow right now...not like I have much choice..I couldn't afford anything else..lol

This what your meaning Dan ?

allokintotrcic1.jpg

It is a better pic..I just posted the best/biggest one I came to orig. He kind of looks off balance or he's executing a sharp turn...with tha stripe..he does look like a race car...:D

Last edited:
The kinto desktop dinos are really nice and the dinos sculpted by Trcic has the best quality, but I simply hate the fact that these models are very fragile(especially the slender parts) and they frequently arrive damaged... I used to buy a lot of kinto dinosaurs before I was aware of SS's Dinosauria....

The only place I ever saw them in person was in Dinosaur World, Cave City, Kentucky. Really nice..but a bit overpriced for something I would eventually decided to repaint... heh heh

The colors Sideshow has for their Allos look much better..and I 've seen battle scars on them..another plus..the one biting the Camera apperas to have red eyes in that one shot...makes them look like prehistoric demons.. :D

The Trcic Allosaurus looks pretty good in person (except for the puny teeth), and somehow I have successfully glued the broken forelimbs and made the cracks nearly invisible, but the missing digits from the manus is an abomination. When I post some pics next week, you'll see what I mean. I'll also take some pics of the Trcic Stegosaurus along with it.

Last edited:
I found this one online :

product_image.php

The detailing looks great..but the color pattern isn't that good.

Will this be our 2nd Quarter dinosaur piece ? If so that could fit well..right around tax return time. Assuming Sideshow is going for 4 a year again...one every Quarter would be reasonable wouldn't it ?

Personally, I could never get around the fact that the Trcic Allosaurus in that statue looks like it got violently sick while running at full speed. :rotfl

As to this statue, I think Dan's " artistic rendition" isn't entirely implausible, though odds favor the Camarasaurus actually being a bit smaller still. Remember they averaged 60-65 feet in length which puts them at about 1.5 times the length of a large adult Allosaurus. Nice, though, that they are making it a pair of Allosaurs doing the attacking. It's what I would have hoped for in such a piece, and SS has delivered, much to my alacrity.

The trend in representation that I'm really liking in this line is that every piece is somehow unexpectedly delightful in realization. In the T.rex VS Triceratops dio no one expected both animals to be so viciously entwined in a plunge to their deaths down a cliffside; the Carnotaurus was so unusual and out of the mainstream that it garnered immense affection for its peculiarity, dynamism, and ferocity; the Styracosaurus may be much smaller than its cousin T.horridus, but what it lacked in size it made up for in regality and vibrance; the T.rex maquette took the the king of theropods outside of the realm of traditional august representations to show what the most ferocious of Tyrannosaurs may well have looked like; and the Deinosuchus maquette bust onto the scene with such a cold-blooded fury that its presence in a SS dio this early on in the line was as surprising to viewers as it was to the Parasaurolophus. Like most here, I would have thought if Allosaurus were to be depicted in a VS dio, it would probably be with a Stegosaurus. Well, we got our Allosaurus VS dio, but the opposing dinosaur is a small sauropod species, upon whose bones we have evidence of Allosaurus attacks. Artwork with Allosaurs attacking Camarasaurs isn't unheard of, but to see SS create their take is a very pleasant surprise. Remember Todd Marshall's piece, "Death Cry" in which a pair of juvenile A.jimmadseni attack a subadult Camarasaur, with the adult Allosaurs stalking in their wake?
Allojimpaint.jpg

Also, the oil painting by Josef Moravec.
yhst-75386101781518_2082_34356767

SS has now added their own artwork to the pantheon. Thank you, Sideshow, for thinking outside the box. :clap

I am loving this piece already! I've always liked the Camarasaurus, in that it looks like a sauropod you could keep as a pet...Well a really big pet. :D

Sad that it's being attacked, but that's what makes an awesome diorama.:naughty

Here's to hoping they keep it in good scale and don't shrink it.

I can't wait to see this piece. It looks like it is going to be fantastic! But you know what excites me about it more than anything? It's not a Stegosaurus! I think this practically guarantees getting a stegosaurus as a maquette. :rock

I can't wait to see this piece. It looks like it is going to be fantastic! But you know what excites me about it more than anything? It's not a Stegosaurus! I think this practically guarantees getting a stegosaurus as a maquette. :rock

I think you're right. The Stegosaurus just has to be done as a maquette.:D

I'm wondering which Dino will get the skull treatment. Probably the Allosaurus.:cool:

It's nice to see a sauropod. However, I was really hoping for Allo vs. Stego, and a solo apatosaurus or brachiosaurus. I think those could look rather majestic. However, as much as I love the Allosaurus (the first dino I ever saw in a museum, he's like a childhood friend), it's still a must have for me.

I think my only other gripe I have about this thus far is I'd like to have a little more color in the piece. It looks very brown.

The other dinosauria releases have been pretty colorful, I wouldn't think this would be that different. Unless there's evidence or something that these dinos were predominantly brown.

The new dio looks great, I just hope another solo dino is coming...

I'm pretty sure Spinosaurus has been confirmed as a future maquette.

Here's to hoping they keep it in good scale and don't shrink it.

That's been my fear all along..kept me on the the fence with a Raptor Pack Dio. I really hope the Allos aren't much smaller than the VS Rex.

Or Stego will be facing off against another popular Jurassic therapod...Ceratosaurus anyone ?

The Allosaurus from the alternate view which Dan has provided
ssallocam1.jpg

seems somewhat similar to the new kinto desktop Allosaurus
(well, regarding the posture...)

FDF104_2.jpg

You can def see more muscle being used and more power behind the coming strike of the SS Allo though...more detail all around as well. Can't tell much about the teeth though. I love the rough spiney look of the Allos..I hope they aren't small..otherwise an Allo maquette might have been preferable.

Or Stego will be facing off against another popular Jurassic therapod...Ceratosaurus anyone ?

SHHHH!!!

Actually I want a Stegosaurus in a vs piece, but I want a maquette as well. And I want the maquette first. I'm terrified they're going to do a steg in a vs and not a maquette. It'll make me cry. :monkey2

Back