ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Jetfire is MASSIVE!!!!!
Thats bonkers lol
I was never really that bothered with him as a character but he looks impressive & depending on price I might just grab him for the sheer hell of it.

That Maketoys Megatron is a thing of beauty...I am all over that as soon as he's available.

Neil

WOW Jetfire is MASSIVE!!!!!
Thats bonkers lol
I was never really that bothered with him as a character but he looks impressive & depending on price I might just grab him for the sheer hell of it.

That Maketoys Megatron is a thing of beauty...I am all over that as soon as he's available.

Neil

That Skyfire is huge, makes Magnus and the Dinobots (Either Giga or FT) look like babies.

That Megatron though. Beautiful!

FT Grimlock looks very much like the TT version, doesn't it?

That Skyfire is huge, makes Magnus and the Dinobots (Either Giga or FT) look like babies.

That Megatron though. Beautiful!

FT Grimlock looks very much like the TT version, doesn't it?

You're not allowed to buy 3P anymore.

I'll buy Megatron and Skyfire then let you know how they are. :)

I was real close to buying Apollyon too.

First look at MMC Hoist in alt mode,
I've got a pretty strong nostalgic connection to both Hoist and Trailbreaker (had both as a kid at one point or another). So, these are most likely both buys, though I would like to see more detail on the face. And the legs/arms should be gray instead of white. Now, we just need some folks to tackle Jazz! Pretty shocking we haven't seen much of a focus on him yet.

I dig that Megatron, but not sure if it beats out Apollyon from an aesthetic POV. Need to see a painted version first.

Agreed that Grimlock is reminiscent of the Takara version. That was my first thought. But that's not necessarily a bad thing in my book. I still love the MP Grimmy, apart from size.

Skyfire/Jetfire looks pretty sweet. That's another one I had as a kid. I hope he has a change-o-head, for the Macross look.

And speaking of FT, here's my newest haul from bbts.

f0cafafffcb29d8f05d354405cf25f8f.jpg

2a8316921bb88e572049e80720b3855e.jpg

8de36ca30516274ce11d7bd658460f90.jpg

d385f8d2e8b5206c1ee29e9b4a575ba9.jpg

The two "security" guys are probably my top two MP type figures so far.

62f4ec69ff9200151c04dcbd01d8ce49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And speaking of FT, here's my newest haul from bbts.

f0cafafffcb29d8f05d354405cf25f8f.jpg

2a8316921bb88e572049e80720b3855e.jpg

8de36ca30516274ce11d7bd658460f90.jpg

d385f8d2e8b5206c1ee29e9b4a575ba9.jpg

The two "security" guys are probably my top two MP type figures so far.

62f4ec69ff9200151c04dcbd01d8ce49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new arrivals! :clap

I think FT Grimlock was always going to resemble MP08 to a fairly big degree as MP08 was designed long before the current cartoon aesthetic was a thing.

The main differences are,

1. It'll be a lot bigger so it'll go with FT's other Dinobots.

2. FT's trademark build quality. MP08 has a very floppy alt mode due to the implementation of the neck & tail waggling gimmicks which FT's doesn't have.

3. Dinosaur mode head is closer to the G1 toy than the cartoon :)

4. The slightly curved claws for the dinosaur feet.

As for Jazz,

One of MMC's designers confirmed they've started work on him a few weeks back. It's being done by the same designer as their Mirage so I think that'll be the one I buy.

Alternatively,

Make Toys just announced one at TFCon. No pics other than some line art during their presentation.

Now there's 2 happening, it seems likely that others will follow :lol

EDIT
Perfect Effect Optimal Optimus beast/vehicle modes,

There's some differences from the cartoon version so it's clearly intended to be a Classics style reimagining.

Robo monkey looks decent, the other modes are a victim of their own design, they looked dodgy in the cartoon and on the original toy so there's not really anything that can be done to improve them without making the character look very different.

I'll still get one, as I want to support 3rd party Beast Wars, I'll just keep it robot or monkey mode.

I also found a pic of MP Optimus Primal with the LGEX versions of the Generations Beast Wars characters,

Rattrap and Waspinator are about in scale but Rhinox is too small to be a perfect fit as he was bigger than Primal in the cartoon.

If an MP Rattrap gets made one priority should be hiding the robot kibble in rat mode so he can be posed standing on his hind legs without looking odd.

Skyfire/Jetfire looks pretty sweet. That's another one I had as a kid. I hope he has a change-o-head, for the Macross look.

Would be great. I honestly don't know how I'd rather display him, but it would be a nice option for whatever mood hits.

Just preordered Inferno (the Takara one). I must say that even thought I have not liked those sculpts of this current designer/sculptor that much, Inferno looks best thus far. I have Tracks, Ironhide and Ratchet, but I have missed the previous guy (I never rember their names) who did some of those masterpieces.

What annoyes me is that even though I have tried to check all the MP news, this Inferno just came as surprise to me. What else new MP toys there is coming? I know that some Beast war stuff, but that doesn't really interest me.

The weight of the arms pull it apart. Not a big deal though

Like I said, I currently don't have them attached, so wondering where that seem comes from on mine.

How did you turn the hands backwards on long haul?
Did you unplug his feet under hook and turned the whole wheelsection 90°, so that the hands are at Devi's back?

I like Cosmos in robot-mode way more than vehicle-mode. I really liked that toy as a kid so I'll probably get him and just keep him as a robot.

Just preordered Inferno (the Takara one). I must say that even thought I have not liked those sculpts of this current designer/sculptor that much, Inferno looks best thus far. I have Tracks, Ironhide and Ratchet, but I have missed the previous guy (I never rember their names) who did some of those masterpieces.

What annoyes me is that even though I have tried to check all the MP news, this Inferno just came as surprise to me. What else new MP toys there is coming? I know that some Beast war stuff, but that doesn't really interest me.

As far as G1 official only Masterpieces, Inferno is the only one that we know of. Grapple will be made, its obvious as well as Artfire.

Other than that, no one knows anything. And it sucks.

WHAT?

The limited edition, one run only, fully articulated MP scale with diecast parts?

I was pretty sure as much as you rallied for everyone to P.O Kronos, you'd be buried with it. :lol

upon contrary of belief, Kronos is still a wanted figure

I'm sold on FansToys FT-16 Sovereign.
That's how an MP Galvatron should look and since that's an established 3rd party company:
I kinda can't see how Takara could improve on this.
Simply amazing!!!

ZTYFicF.jpg
xeGPj4c.jpg
Yjt8J5Y.jpg
fuuvh53.jpg
udcTX53.jpg
1p5lc6W.jpg

Galvatron looks great in robot mode. Amazing.

Alt mode? It needs A LOT of improvement. A lot. This went from "I really can't wait until it comes out" kinda felling to "I'll just wait and see".

Back