ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today too.
Will install it later, but stoked about the fully poseable hands.
You have problems keeping the visor up on the new head too?
Mine keeps popping out under the forehead a bit...

nope... mine's all good.

Looks good pro but that's pretty risky to put him on that corner!

lol i know! i have too much $hiz on my desk w/ custom work right now and couldn't find a place to snag a pic! :lol

Got mine today too.
Will install it later, but stoked about the fully poseable hands.
You have problems keeping the visor up on the new head too?
Mine keeps popping out under the forehead a bit...
Mine is the opposite. When down, it moves up a little. No that bad though.

Also the thumbs keep trying to pop out as well as the cover for the hole on the other side of the palm. Will need to super glue that.

Overall it is a very nice kit. Quality is ok. Some of the plastic feels a bit fragile on some spots.

Do be careful with the Mixmaster cab. At least on mine, I hade to force the movable mechanism. And the side panels hinges feel a bit fragile.

The best part is the arm extenders. Work great, though they could had more places to be secured at onto Longhaul.

Do highly recommend. I'll keep the Hasbro version as Devastator and the Takara version in robots since they have the guns.

Mine is the opposite. When down, it moves up a little. No that bad though.

Also the thumbs keep trying to pop out as well as the cover for the hole on the other side of the palm. Will need to super glue that.

Overall it is a very nice kit. Quality is ok. Some of the plastic feels a bit fragile on some spots.

Do be careful with the Mixmaster cab. At least on mine, I hade to force the movable mechanism. And the side panels hinges feel a bit fragile.

The best part is the arm extenders. Work great, though they could had more places to be secured at onto Longhaul.

Do highly recommend. I'll keep the Hasbro version as Devastator and the Takara version in robots since they have the guns.

Ouh, yeah...that´s what I meant. Kinda confused it there. Mines keep popping up too.
No problem with the thumbs though.
Love the hands in general and also the arm extenders. That looks really awesome.
Gonna look into Mixmasters cab later.
Extensive repaints on a good amount of parts on him and plan on reassembling Devastator later on with new head...

af5aa1f39676e45ad6089d54efc56708.jpg

Very nice kit. Looks a lot better than stock

The waist area looks a lot better specially

Looks nice, MxBxM. :duff I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the UW Devy, which is now on sale at BBTS, but I only need one Devy and I'm still holding out hope for a true MP version.

MP10B arrived last week. It's become way overpriced but it's a beautiful figure.

Where are long haul's hands on yours?

Installed Mixmaster's cab and looks tremendous.
Hands are awesome, my first fully articulated and can't wait to re-assemble him....

They are in the same place as mine if you look at my picture up above. Pop the tab holding the fender piece in place at the top and rotate that wheel assembly... you can remove the arms from dangling off of the side and fold them to the back. Looking straight on it's hard to see it but as you see in my picture above from the side angle you can see them facing to the back. Much better look and really didn't affect anything with stability.

Looks nice, MxBxM. :duff I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the UW Devy, which is now on sale at BBTS, but I only need one Devy and I'm still holding out hope for a true MP version.

MP10B arrived last week. It's become way overpriced but it's a beautiful figure.

It was on sale. I was going to buy it, but they bumped the price back up sometime today to $220.

A friend of mine has MP10B and I think the color scheme works really well.

Fans Toys have now revealed initial renders for Springer,

Robot mode = Not bad. The big chest works as a nod to both the original toy and animation model, the overall blocky-ness is more of a nod to the toy than the animation model which was more rounded and kinda tubby looking.

Helicopter mode = The best of the 3 modes at this stage.

Car mode = Not the greatest of designs to start from but FT's interpretation is at this stage looking like their biggest miss yet.

I agree that UW Devy looks the part... when looked at from afar. You can't deny how awesome He looks next to other TF's as His size does really make him look amazing. The individual cons are great looking as well, except maybe for Longhaul, although i personally can't see how he would've worked any other way with the budget TT places on their designers. But up close is another story. A great MP stand in for sure, but nowhere near what it could be.

IF TT were to do a MP combiner, would it be better to get them all a set at once? or have separate releases? I like what that 3P is doing with Menasor, they are releasing (apparently) all limbs at once, sans Motormaster. He's quite IDW looking, so if thats your type of thing, he looks amazing. But no one really has done a true G1 MP combiner that looks good IMO. It's either over detailed all the way to detail hell, or just plain meh. The reason I like UW Devy is because it doesn't aspire to be a true MP combiner, but does it better than anybody else, and that price is a plus.

The idea of a true MP G1 combiner (be it TT or anybody else) is amazing, but it really makes me question how that would work.

I've owned:

Hercules, a $600 plus add ons that might have looked god once released, but it does now look like ****.

Uranos, a $600 thing that never looked good and was always a POS.

It seemed, to me, that every single release brought something new and improved over the previous released limb, be it with extra parts, or aesthetically. Take FT, for example: Their Dibots are widely regarded as some of the best, and rightfully so. I might not dig their size, but credit where its due. But it does seem to me that every one does their own thing, and in ways, look different from each other. I got the chance to play with all of them and their Stomp feels like a very different robot, better in every single way. I wonder if that would be the case if a speed our combiner released were to happen, official or not.

I'm definitely in for a G1 MP combiner box set, if that were to happen. Apparently, TT was working on Bruticus at one point. They might still be?

I'm sure there is some merit to all of this. I think HasTak designers get bored with the funding restraints of retail release figures. 3p is not contrained, so these designers can provide ideas as to if HasTak allowed making whatever they wanted the way they wanted if money was not a factor.

While I agree with that, I still have a hard time believing that a TT employee would work alongside 3P companies. This is not me "defending" the integrity of TT or other BS, but to any person with any common sense, it sounds balony, and most importantly, illegal with reason for termination, no?

Apparently, according to TFW, these things were happening a long time ago, does not apply to today. Still, I really don't believe it.

IF, 3P companies know about TT's plans, why release so many Infernos? I do understand that some don't like the new direction TT is taking, and that's great, but competing with an official release can never be ideal, regardless of how you see it, from a business standpoint.

You might like 3P better that TT, and that's awesome. But 10,000 Qwakewaves (when there was no competition) sold sound better than 3k (or whatever) Backdfarts sold. That is to me, simple business 101.

That is why I have a hard time believing any of that tbh. I could be wrong.

Despite the scale, I still think that the Generation Toy Devastator looks amazing. I'm 4 bots in, and look forward to the last 2 in the next couple of months.

As for Fanstoys Springer, agree - helicopter mode looks best!

NEED to see Skyfire pics now!!!

Yep. This is the hasbro. I have the takara as well but since they have the superior elbows and guns for each bot, theyll stay in bot mode

Yep. This is the hasbro. I have the takara as well but since they have the superior elbows and guns for each bot, theyll stay in bot mode

Gotta check for that tomorrow, when I'm further to reassembling him.
4hrs of painting Mixmaster did no good to my back.
Today is pause mode.

What do you think of the new cab front? I love it.

Back