ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun bit of info, at a recent investor presentation, hasbro said that collectors make up about 30% of the market, and they are starting to caiter to them.

there was even a slide about it during the presentation :D

I get the feeling if the adult collectors didnt matter that much to them profit wise they would not be investing tooling dollars and marketing on the Titan class figures we are getting so far, let alone to committing to doing one every year as long as they sell well.

MP Rodimus & Ultra Magnus in stock @ HLJ , Also in stock at Anime Export for people who Pre ordered.

Shockwave next month, getting excited :yess:

MP Rodimus & Ultra Magnus in stock @ HLJ , Also in stock at Anime Export for people who Pre ordered.

Shockwave next month, getting excited :yess:

Interesting as I haven't received the email from HLJ regarding payment....anyone else?

All things transformers!!!!

So, aside from GIGA and FT's Quakewave, I haven't done 3p at all, but I've been following....

IMO, next to the Oficcial MP line, the only ones that look great are:

MMC Sphinx, I ordered the "alternative version" as it does have the more toon accurate color scheme.

MMC Inferno looks tremendous, I have it on PO. I really don't like the Make Toys version as much, although it looks great as well. I wanted to get their "Wrestle" (Grapple) But no one outside Maketoys's website seems to be carrying it. WTH?

I just ordered the two available Insecticons from FT, cant wait to get them. Based on QW, I'm sure they won't disappoint.

Apollyon (at least mine) was crap. Sorry. Is there anybody else doing one?

I was looking into getting Wardog, but man, he looks DIFFERENT. Not bad, mind you. I think it is an amazing piece of engineering based on the reviews I've seen. But, does he fit with the MP aesthetic that has been established so far?

Sunsurge looks great, but man there's something I find weird about him and it sickens me that I don't know what it is. I've seen many videos, he seems top be amazingly built. But IDK what it is, something doesn't look right.

I've been avoiding 3p mainly because there are so many characters that I know it would be stupid for TT NOT to do (Hound, etc). Regardless of what I think is better or not is not the discussion, I just think that 3p should cover those characters that TT would probably never attempt (insecticons) but even then, there's no harm on getting the next best option for now.

Any QC issues i should be aware of from my recent 3p purchases?

How's the quality on Unique toys? Their Blurr seems decent, and that's one of the characters I don't think TT will never attempt.

Octane also looks great, and seeing how reviewers get their stuff free, it's hard for them to find fault in anything.

Last edited:
The GI Joe books are called "GI Joe Field Manual." Unlike the Transformers versions, they won't cost you an arm and a leg.

G.I. JOE: Field Manual Volume 1 (GI Joe Field Manual SC): Jim Sorenson, William Forster, Various: 9781613773505: Amazon.com: Books

G.I. JOE: Field Manual Volume 2: Jim Sorenson, William Forster, The Sharp Brothers: 9781613775486: Amazon.com: Books

Given that they've been releasing (or re-releasing) MP figures, which don't appeal to kids due to cost, there is certainly an arm of Hasbro that is interested in collectors.

Wow thanks for the details man they look awesome & I shall be ordering a set ASAP :)

I took some more pics of the unofficial guides & thought I'd do them in stages by volume as there are a lot of images.

So here's the pics from volume 1...

Will do Volume 2 another day :)

Neil

Sharing pictures of my Oversized Predaking by Jinbao (God of War)

-its a good piece for display, alot of people who saw it was awed
-downside : each robot has big heads ha..ha..and in combine mode, could easily fall down
-still need to get those Decepticon badges

IMG_1547.jpg

predaking in box

IMG_1564.jpg

predaking internal box

IMG_1690.jpg

predaking close up

cc4a99d3-b89f-4cbc-9ef4-0b880d059489.jpg

predaking extended razorclaw legs that increases the height of its combine mode also makes it easy to topple backwars or do splits ha ha

IMG_1697.jpg

Divebomb with Decepticon MP

IMG_1696.jpg

groupshot with Decepticon

IMG_1694.jpg

Predaking, Divebomb and MP Megatron

IMG_1692.jpg

Predaking close up

IMG_1691.jpg

Predaking Sword and gun- its lenght is as long as my glass casing for Hot Toys Tumbler

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

Predaking, Divebomb with MP Prowl and Tracks

IMG_1687.jpg

Divebomb with MP Prowl and Tracks close up

IMG_1686.jpg

Predaking with MP Prowl and Ultra Magnus

IMG_1683.jpg

Predaking with MP Optimus Prime

IMG_1698.jpg

Oversized Predaking : God of War by Jinbao

I suggest to get the individual boxed robots instead of the big box this comes with if you get a chance, its really hard
to transport it from the store to your home.

Fun bit of info, at a recent investor presentation, hasbro said that collectors make up about 30% of the market, and they are starting to caiter to them.

there was even a slide about it during the presentation :D

:pfft:

They always make claims like that when there's an audience as it's good for PR, but nothing ever changes to any significant degree, particularly in markets outside North America.

soundwave,
Keep the pics coming! :clap

Whilst at the London Film & Comic Con on Saturday I found someone selling the smaller Kidslogic characters seperately from their main packs and picked up Wheeljack for £20 and it's pretty nice. If I can find a Bluestreak being sold seperately when the next 5-pack is out I'll get him as well.

I also saw the much hyped Takara version of Combiner Wars Devastator in person and I thought it looked even worse than the pics I'd seen. If anyone paid the £220 (about $305) that the dealer was asking I'd put money on them living somewhere with padded wallpaper :lol

I also had a look at my friend's Ironhide and having now handled it I think the facesculpts are OK and was also impressed with the paintjob but that's all.

:pfft:

They always make claims like that when there's an audience as it's good for PR, but nothing ever changes to any significant degree, particularly in markets outside North America.

soundwave,
Keep the pics coming! :clap

Whilst at the London Film & Comic Con on Saturday I found someone selling the smaller Kidslogic characters seperately from their main packs and picked up Wheeljack for £20 and it's pretty nice. If I can find a Bluestreak being sold seperately when the next 5-pack is out I'll get him as well.

I also saw the much hyped Takara version of Combiner Wars Devastator in person and I thought it looked even worse than the pics I'd seen. If anyone paid the £220 (about $305) that the dealer was asking I'd put money on them living somewhere with padded wallpaper :lol

I also had a look at my friend's Ironhide and now think the facesculpts are OK and was also impressed with the paintjob, but it's still an easy pass overall.

I never realised you went to LSCC.
Shame I was on the Sunday would have been nice to catch up.

LOL I think I know the dealer you were talking about...they were the ones I got Hellfire from but I talked £20 off their price on the Sunday ;)
I actually didn't think Deve looked that bad but for over £200 not worth it.

Glad you are liking the pics :)

Here's the last batch from Volume 3...

Being as this covers a much smaller section of toys than the previous volumes they cover a lot more memorobilia bits & pieces...

Been really nice looking back through these again & if anyone has a particular figure or anything they want then let me know & I'll get pics for you :)

Neil

soundwave,
It's only the second time I've been to that con, I went on the Saturday as that's the only day Nick Frost was appearing and I wanted to get a pic with him. Would certainly be cool to meet up at a future one so I'll keep you posted next time I attend one.

I think CW/UW Devastator looks like the sort of KO you'd see on a Sunday market or in a pound shop, a Takara paintjob and bonus elbow articulation on the Constructicons that Hasbro were too cheap to add it to doesn't make it any closer to being a Masterpiece and I'm happy to go without until such a time as somebody makes one I'm 100% happy with....Toyworld's is much closer to what I'm looking for but not quite there.

The same guy that was selling CW Devastator had MP Exhaust, Tracks, Road Rage, red Bumblebee and G2 Bumblebee for £50 each which almost tempted me to get Exhaust as that's cheaper than ebay prices but I decided against it as that £50 would be better used towards securing my first Fans Toys Hound which I've now done.

I also saw quite a lot of G1 reissues and a LOT of ugly Combiner Wars figures, it's sad that the Classics line has declined to such a degree as in previous years even the weaker runs had some decent figures.

It's funny looking at the "evolution" of Transformer toys over time in Soundwave's pics, that after a few years the figures looked less and less aesthetically pleasing. Maybe part of that is nostalgia talking, but. . .I don't think it is.

It's funny looking at the "evolution" of Transformer toys over time in Soundwave's pics, that after a few years the figures looked less and less aesthetically pleasing. Maybe part of that is nostalgia talking, but. . .I don't think it is.

It really isn't.

Many of the older Classics figures are aging very well, figures like 2008's Universe 2.0/Henkei Sunstreaker blow away the Combiner Wars counterpart in every way. It's not just the aesthetics, it's the whole way the figures are put together, all the cost cutting measures in recent years have really had a negative impact on how the end products look.

If Hasbro's claims of wanting to cater to older collectors are ever going to be taken seriously they should stop being so cheap and start doing figures like the earlier Classics waves again instead of all the junk with hollow parts, translucent plastic, reduced articulation and overly simplified transformations.

What was shown at Toy Fair looked like a small step in the right direction.

soundwave,
It's only the second time I've been to that con, I went on the Saturday as that's the only day Nick Frost was appearing and I wanted to get a pic with him. Would certainly be cool to meet up at a future one so I'll keep you posted next time I attend one.

I think CW/UW Devastator looks like the sort of KO you'd see on a Sunday market or in a pound shop, a Takara paintjob and bonus elbow articulation on the Constructicons that Hasbro were too cheap to add it to doesn't make it any closer to being a Masterpiece and I'm happy to go without until such a time as somebody makes one I'm 100% happy with....Toyworld's is much closer to what I'm looking for but not quite there.

The same guy that was selling CW Devastator had MP Exhaust, Tracks, Road Rage, red Bumblebee and G2 Bumblebee for £50 each which almost tempted me to get Exhaust as that's cheaper than ebay prices but I decided against it as that £50 would be better used towards securing my first Fans Toys Hound which I've now done.

I also saw quite a lot of G1 reissues and a LOT of ugly Combiner Wars figures, it's sad that the Classics line has declined to such a degree as in previous years even the weaker runs had some decent figures.

Ha that's funny it's actually my second time at that 'con too ;)
It's easily my best UK 'con, it's well planned, well managed & not too busy, I have a great time

Yeah let me know next time & we'll arrange something :)

They still had loads of them on Sunday too, I did check & the Exhausts were 2nd release versions & not the original run.

Yeah you really notice the changes over the years & when you get to some of the Headmaster & Targetmaster stuff they just looked cumbersome & blocky but that's still a far cry from how far they fallen in the last couple of years the completely dumbed down RID stuff is a mockery & horrible to look at.
I do admit the CW stuff is quite good & some of them are pretty impressive but in the whole Hasbro have really let it all go to waste.

Happily though this bad boy arrived today...

No time to transform him yet but hopefully tomorrow.

In hand he looks amazing & the vehicle mode is a thing of beauty.

Does make me realise that Ultra Magnus is sorely missing from my line up though :(

Neil

Last edited:
Back