ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine didn't have the hip issue, and I actually dig the metallic finish.

GIGA Dino's are the only set I'm not doing doubles of, mainly because of the price tag.

But this is tempting....

Very cool. I liked the Metallic too, but then I saw the Chrome version and I was like whoa. I don't know if they will release Grassor in Metallic finish or Chrome finish first this time. I know that most retailers still have Metallic in stock , but Chrome is sold out. I'm just crossing my fingers that Giga can start producing on a more frequent schedule. If they only do one Dino per year, that's gonna be tough for any collector wanting a set. I want Sludge the most at this point. I wish he was next instead of Grassor. I actually think the name Grassor should have been for Sludge too.

I recently just got around to open my MP11T and man, I've never been more disappointing with a TF toy. Barebones release, paint imperfections, and $200.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way the color pops, and how all the TT seekers look together, But extremely disappointed nonetheless.

Don't get it unless you LOVE G1 colors.

Waiting on Megatron as well, but Magnus is going to be hard to pass!

This is SICK!

04a7fdc0dd2315df2ad10f6dfdc6271a.jpg

73a154653fffbc146b8201e3da05d6fd.jpg

36af672dde8fc31a65b161d0189b31d8.jpg

e9ce6ac087a6df2870b3e7f9527b7c1b.jpg

Stunning! Well out of my price range though :(

I recently just got around to open my MP11T and man, I've never been more disappointing with a TF toy. Barebones release, paint imperfections, and $200.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way the color pops, and how all the TT seekers look together, But extremely disappointed nonetheless.

Don't get it unless you LOVE G1 colors.

which one was the MP11T show a pic

which one was the MP11T show a pic

Isn't that the Takara version of Thundercracker in the MP11 mold?

New pick up for me today from the London Super Comic Con...

Make Toys Hellfire (Inferno)

He's stunning in hand.
Really heavy, great quality & just looks perfect.

Was late today & little madam around so couldn't get any proper time to tinker but will get better pics up hopefully tomorrow.

Neil

Hellfire is great...after looking over Transxbots and MMC, I decided that this is my Inferno..great in Hand too!

Isn't that the Takara version of Thundercracker in the MP11 mold?

New pick up for me today from the London Super Comic Con...

Make Toys Hellfire (Inferno)

He's stunning in hand.
Really heavy, great quality & just looks perfect.

Was late today & little madam around so couldn't get any proper time to tinker but will get better pics up hopefully tomorrow.

Neil

Congrats!

I'm going with MMC for Inferno but I like what I've seen of the Make Toys mold and I might get their Grapple so I've got one of each mold.

After being pretty much OK since I bought it the paint on my original Badcube Huffer has finally started flaking so it's been put into vehicle mode and I'll just buy a new one for robot mode once the reissue is released.

Typical ;)

Just after I pay for Hellfire these shots show up lol

Feel a bit overcharged now as well seeing as he's a good £20 cheaper

Oh well hellfire will be fine he's still a quality figure & he looks a bit beefier too compared to the MMC one

I did get a few pics today of Hellfire out of the box & he definitely feels like a quality product

I'm still happy with him but once in hand pics & reviews of MMC & XTB versions hit I may change my mind ;)

Neil

All things transformers!!!!

How many 3P infernos are there and who has the best quality? I'd assume they are all doing grapple as well since he's a (slight) reuse of the mold?

soundwave,
I wouldn't feel too bad, I think you've still got a kickass version of Inferno and there really isn't a lot to choose between that and the MMC effort in terms of quality, it's awesome that the options for the character ( and Grapple ) are so good.

My original run Badcube Huffer has had to be retired to alt mode as the paint finally started flaking on the chest and thighs and his hip joints aren't too good any more. Bring on the reissue which Badcube have said will be sometime this year.

Was in my local B&M Bargains today and saw Generations Roadbuster for £12.99 so I decided to give it a go. Not the greatest figure in the world but decent enough for what I paid for it and it looks good with my other Wreckers.

franpincho,
Make Toys, MMC and XTransbots are all making Inferno and Grapple. I think XTransbots have shown renders for Hauler and Artfire as well.

Only problem with XTransbots is their build quality is several notches below the other two and their general QC isn't very reliable. Their figures all look great, but most of them have had issues of some sort. Scourge was supposed to have been better, but their latest Minibots have had a few issues. I'm giving Beachcomber a chance because it looks so nice in robot mode, but I'm waiting for someone else to do Windcharger and Tailgate.

I think Make Toys or MMC are the way to go for Inferno & Grapple, either option seems decent which is why I'm going to get Inferno from MMC and Grapple from Make Toys.

XTransbots have a fantastic designer, but need to kick their factory workers in the butt before they can be taken seriously as a major 3rd party player.

Those look really great together.

I was very tempted to order the Make Toys Inferno a few times, but am glad I didn't at this point. I like the MMC version's look a lot more, as he looks more slender and cartoon accurate to my eyes. And at $100, you can't beat it. Now that I've got both an MMC figure (Sphinx), and a Make Toys one (Gun Dog), both are a very good quality. But I would give the edge to Make Toys based on my respective sample sizes of 1.

Like Corsair says, though, the Make Toys Inferno does still look good. But honestly, if I had bought him, I would be looking to sell ASAP.

Is it easy to get Ironhides hip panels to fold up?

yeah its pretty easy. it becomes some parts forming but i don't care... absolutely hate the look of the stupid hip panels... and doing this also fills in that big void you see on his sides/back. you basically unscrew few screws on his butt, pull out the panels and unscrew the post on the panels. then switch the sides they go on. you tab the wheel section on in the back and now the panels are up and cleans it up a bunch. you have to reverse to transform, but i keep my stuff in bot mode so it doesn't bug me.

Back